Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Hit an animal while driving.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hit an animal while driving.
the_foot_fetishist
Loyal Member
Member # 30029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the_foot_fetishist   Email the_foot_fetishist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are driving late one night in a safe but deserted neighborhood when a dog suddenly darts in front of your car. Though you slam on the brakes, you hit the animal. Would you step out to see how injured the animal was?

If so, and you found out the animal was dead but had a name tag on it, would you contact the owner?

Posts: 60 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup.

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few years ago at 4am I was driving about 70mph on the highway to work when a cat darted out in front of my car and I hit it. No time to brake, swerve to miss it, anything. Just kept going figured that at that speed there would be nothing left of the critter.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elvzz
Hall Of Famer
Member # 14178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elvzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not an animal person, but of course I would - remember Vick went bankrupt over dogs when abortions are rampant - assume someone is always watching - plus some kid is crying right now.

--------------------
 -
http://www.sexylongtoes.com
http://clips4sale.com/store/4445
http://images4sale.com/store/4445

Posts: 1704 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm feelin' a lil' hypocritical at the mo with my initial answer after reading L.D's reply. I did hit a possum about 5yrs ago and just kept going. Not considered a domestic house pet but you never know :the-rocks-eyebrow:

...come to think of it, I also hit a few bees, mosquitos and a few other various types of bugs. I think I ran over a bird once too.....

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if it was a dog i would stop and try to take it to a vet if it was still alive

i would hate to hit a cat or any animal for that matter but i probably wouldn't stop

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-cfg-
Hall Of Famer
Member # 13863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -cfg-   Email -cfg-   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeDaemon:
A few years ago at 4am I was driving about 70mph on the highway to work when a cat darted out in front of my car and I hit it. No time to brake, swerve to miss it, anything. Just kept going figured that at that speed there would be nothing left of the critter.

Had the same thing happen to me. Whatever was left of the poor cat was stuck to my bumper...it sucks, but there is no point in stopping really. [Confused]

--------------------
KLTPZYXM (kil-tip-ZEE-zim)

Posts: 1107 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -cfg-:
Had the same thing happen to me. Whatever was left of the poor cat was stuck to my bumper...it sucks, but there is no point in stopping really. [Confused]

Yeah especially at 4am on an 8 lane highway. [Cry]

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I would as long as I knew it was a dog. If its dark and I'm not sure what kind of animal it is, I'm not getting out of the car.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The deer and other critters are rampant where I live. I have decided that I am helping to genetically select the animals that are smart enough to run away from the sound and light of cars. I am also hoping that hunters will assist me in this project.

With some small exceptions, if it is dumb enough to run in front of my car with a purpose, that purpose may be preempted with no further regard.

How's that for insensitive?

I'll probably have to "recalibrate" the expression of my sentiments tomorrow.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiny Dave
Hall Of Famer
Member # 30771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiny Dave   Email Tiny Dave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would stop to see if it was dead or not.

--------------------
Oh my what huge feet you have my dear.

Posts: 1727 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't afford to take myself to the doctor's if I have an emergency, let alone a stray animal. If I hit an animal on the roadway, no I wouldn't stop. There's no point. I can't do anything to help. I don't carry a gun in my car to "put it out of it's misery". So, why bother to stop and look? I don't mean to sound cold or cruel. Just facing reality.

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FootLongSub Zero:
I think I ran over a bird once too.....

Okay, I'm sorry to all bird-lovers..but LOL!
hahahahahaha
My mum intentionally aims for birds (pigeons) on the road...like if they're on the other side of the road and it's safe to do so, she'll chase them!! hehe

It's a marvel to watch [Tongue]

When you hit a pigeon, all the feathers explode behind you and the rear-view is just a hurricane of feathers.

Okay I had my moment [Tongue]

If it was a dog, yes. A cat...mmm probably. My GF would certainly guilt me into it if she were in the car with me.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gameon
Elite Trooper
Member # 20877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gameon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was in a car with ma stepdad, we got back to the house after a drive to the city, there was a wagtail jammed headfirst into the radiator [Smile]

I've been in a car when we stag decided it didn't like our car, the stag walked off, I busted my nose on the headseat infront of me.

To answer the OP, yes I would stop (if safe) to get the pet. I've lost a pet dog that escaped and was hit crossing a busy road outside the village i live in. The person brought it to the polis who informed us (they knew it was our dog). I appreciated this gesture as it saved months of searching for the poor dog and tackin' up missin posters etc.

It is good to get closure on a pet, we all get attached to our pets.

Posts: 251 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links