Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » XBox360 vs. PS3 Slim... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: XBox360 vs. PS3 Slim...
archadmirer
Elite Trooper
Member # 3142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for archadmirer   Email archadmirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need SOLID advice on a $300 investment, so I figured I could trust other guys with the good sense to love feet... any opinions? I think the choice is between game selection (XBox) and performance (PS3 w/ BluRay and WiFi). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Posts: 484 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvntoes
Major Player
Member # 10587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvntoes   Email luvntoes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like the PS3 for the blue ray player and COD4. On the other hand nothing beats xbox live for online gaming.....i say get both lol
Posts: 213 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamond johny
All Pro Poster
Member # 27586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamond johny   Email diamond johny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always been loyal to PS but I'm bummed because no more backwards compatibility. Yes, I still have some PS2 games I enjoy.
A lot of people love the 360 for online gaming.

--------------------
=MORE VOLUME PLEASE=

Posts: 759 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember a while back when I couldn't wait to get a PS3 upon release and guess what...... I still haven't got one [Roll Eyes] lol ... Oh well, now that the price has dropped alot since being released, It's becommin' closer to my grasp pricewise...

Although I'm loyal to the PS, I'll keep an eye on this thread for the advice just in case my selection sways [Smile]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking about a PS3 mostly for the built in blu ray and since the price has dropped by $100 for the slim model. I don't sit around for hours playing video games though, so its not on the top of my list for things to run out and buy.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smonster
Major Player
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smonster   Email Smonster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say defo on the PS3 - with a bit of know-how you can hook it up to be a media hub. Also the mechanism failure record (dunno what itss actually called) is 33% of all Xbox's break whereas PS3's are 3%.

And if you think about online gaming you have to pay for Xbox Live - it's like £40 a year or something - whereas the PS3 Network is free.

But the choice is yours man, Good Luck and happy gaming!!

--------------------
Girls, be adventurous with your nail colours - wear my favourites:
Blue, Silver, Black or French [Tongue] [Thumbs Up]

Posts: 207 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had my PS3 for 8 months now and love it. The blue ray gets the most use. I love watching hi def movies on it. The game selection is just as good as the 360. There are actually more games on the PS3 that I want that aren't available on the 360 (Uncharted 2, God of War). Online gaming is great plus its free. 360 owners have to pay. If you want backwards compatibility, you're going to have to find an older Ps3. Only complaint I have is the frequent updates that are required when you play online. Sometimes it takes up to 10 minutes, but hey, like I said. Online play is free. 360 is great, but I feel the PS3 is the better deal. I read a review that said many blue ray players aren't as good as the one built into the PS3.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gonna have to be a 360 [Smile]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PublicName
All Pro Poster
Member # 12270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PublicName     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smonster:
I'd say defo on the PS3 - with a bit of know-how you can hook it up to be a media hub. Also the mechanism failure record (dunno what itss actually called) is 33% of all Xbox's break whereas PS3's are 3%.

And if you think about online gaming you have to pay for Xbox Live - it's like £40 a year or something - whereas the PS3 Network is free.

I'm with this. Free PSN. Plus as far as I can tell more skilled players are on PSN instead of XBL.
Posts: 504 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foot Lover Of London
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot Lover Of London   Email Foot Lover Of London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:
Gonna have to be a 360 [Smile]

Being i have one...And the online gaming is the stuff !
Posts: 1395 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yeah_i_suck_toes
Loyal Member
Member # 21104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeah_i_suck_toes   Email yeah_i_suck_toes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go with ps3. I love mine. Blue ray of cource is a major advantage, not just for hi-def movies but also for storage capacity of the discs. There's some great exclusives that are out: infamous, little big planet, metal gear solid 4. And some great ones that are coming up: heavy rain, the last guardian, god of war 3, uncharted 2, the new ratchet and clank. Online is free and wi-fi is built in. As you know, you have to pay for xbox live. If you want wi-fi for 360, its a separate accessory that costs $100. As for backwards compatability, ask yourself how much ps2 you actively play now? And how much would you expect to be playing after buying a next gen system? Hope this helps.
Posts: 74 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sol
All Pro Poster
Member # 2476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sol   Email Sol   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xbox360 is without a doubt the superior console. It has perhaps 10 times the amount of exclusive games the PS3 has, plus a far superior online system. The cost of Xbox Live is reimbursed by the money saved on the initial purchase of the console.

Blu Ray is useless unless you're a movie nut, and even then, you can rent HD quality movies on Netflix over Xbox Live. Blu Ray provides no genuine advantage, it's more just a technophile's wet dream.

The Xbox360 is severely outperforming the PS3 on a global scale which means its support will always be greater.

Easy choice.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yeah_i_suck_toes
Loyal Member
Member # 21104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeah_i_suck_toes   Email yeah_i_suck_toes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol:
Blu Ray provides no genuine advantage

Actually, like I mentioned, Blu ray discs have a greater storage capacity than Dvd-rom discs. ~50 gb for double layer blu ray vs ~8 gb for double layer dvd.
Posts: 74 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both are great systems. I just say, go to a videogame store or go online and see what games you prefer on a system. Most of the games coming out are available for BOTH systems. I think the only advantage the PS3 has is blue-ray and a smaller percentage of failure.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smonster:

Ha, guess I am in that 3% for the PS3 and in the 64% on the 360. After updating the system software on my PS3 a few weeks ago, the system began to crash games and then not play anything, not even DVDs or Blu Ray discs. I was told by Sony that it was a known firmware issue that had just started to happen and was effecting a small number of people and to wait for the next patch to come out to fix it. A week later, nothing and Sony tells me that I have to send my PS3 in for service and it would be $150. I bitch about why I have to pay for something that their own rep admitted was a problem with the firmware. The system was fine prior to it. The reply to that was that was no known issues with the update. Seriously!?!?!?! I hadn't sent it in to be repaired because I was just highly pissed off. I was talking to my father about it the other day and since he's a cool guy, he shows up tonight with a brand new 160BG model with Drake's Fortune totally unannounced. So far so good with this one and I made sure I did the update ASAP on this one.

I haven't had any issues at all with my 360, but one of my original XBox systems did go on the fritz years ago.

My advice is this. Do you want a Blu Ray player? If so, get the PS3. If you already have one, get the XBox as I think there are way more titles and better ones for the 360.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links