Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Beginning of Flu Season 2009

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Beginning of Flu Season 2009
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's now the beginning of the 2009 Flu Season. Vaccines are being distributed and business is as usual so far. The media is trying to keep things stirred up, but it's not catching on just yet.

How about in reality? Anybody have the flu yet this season? I just got over a bad case about a week ago. I don't know if it was H1N1(swine flu)or the run of the mill stuff for this season. I can tell you that I was down for six days and I felt worse that time than ever before. According to the CDC website, I had all of the symptoms for H1N1 but, since I never left my house (never got tested by a doctor) I'll never know for sure. I survived it with lots of water and asprin.

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
down in aus we just got through flu season. by the end of winter, doctors were saying if you had any flu symptoms, it was more than likely swine flu. people were told not to bother going to the doctors unless it got really serious and just take a week off work automatically, keeping yourself quarantined. people go nuts with that crap - our media ran with it to such an extreme you would think the black death had risen again.

i spent the season going to uni with overcrowded lecture theatres full of sick people and working with snotty nosed children. i was fine. i just feel people like getting worked up over stupid things because it means they dont have to think about the important things.

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No vaccines for me lol!

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18302 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Memphis_Sole
All Pro Poster
Member # 29787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memphis_Sole   Email Memphis_Sole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i work with the elderly so i am required to get vaccinated for the flu and h1n1 as terms of my employment! i get the vaccines free but i STILL get the stomach flu every stinking year! hope yall stay healthy this season and im glad your feeling better sofatater.

--------------------
So…. Here you are… too foreign for home…. too foreign for here…. Never enough for both……

Diaspora Blues

Posts: 791 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
h1n1 gets my nerves. call it what it is, swine flu.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elvzz
Hall Of Famer
Member # 14178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elvzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biologically engineered? Swine, bird via vector like a mosquito or in a lab to wipe out the disinfranchised?

No eggs up me nose thanks...fever is a natural defense.

--------------------
 -
http://www.sexylongtoes.com
http://clips4sale.com/store/4445
http://images4sale.com/store/4445

Posts: 1704 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keyfeet:
h1n1 gets my nerves. call it what it is, swine flu.

when this pandemic started, the CDC's link for daily updates was

www.cdc.gov/swineflu ...now it's www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu

if you type in the first address it redirects to www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu

..it's medically considered swine flu when it originates from pigs...the novel h1n1 does not but the h1n1 is similar to swine strains, hence the nickname..calling it h1n1 is proper and correct

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, has anybody else been sick yet??

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vanderfeeet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 8733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanderfeeet   Email vanderfeeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in Canada, our flu season hasn't been quite as premature as yours has been so far. I see news of young healthy people dying in the States pretty much daily. I imagine we'll eventually get there up here, it's just a matter of time.

Thankfully my wife made it through the pregnancy without catching it (it's quite severe for pregnant women!)...now I have to worry about my newborn getting sick. [Confused]

--------------------
vf

Posts: 1188 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mommie
The Legend
Member # 18340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mommie   Author's Homepage   Email Mommie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a look at this clip on Youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR5p_bD3uLc&feature=popt00us0c

I have never in my life had a vaccine for flu or H1N1...and magically I have not fallen ill either. [Wink] In fact I have not had the flu since roughly 1999 and even then I was only down about 3 days with a fever.

I hope everyone got their "Flu Buddy" for when "Captain Trips" gets let loose too [Laugh]

--------------------
"Though she be but little, she is fierce!" ~ William Shakespeare

-
http://instagram.com/som3thingwick3d/

Posts: 3935 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well a lady that works for me got swine flu and so did her kid who is in the hospital now. She's already over it after a few days away from work and luckily no one else (especially myself) contracted it from her.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got hit with something about 3 weeks ago that i dont think was the H1N1.. i was severely achey, my head and sinuses were completely congested, and my throat was really raw. it lasted about 3 days, but the last 3 wks, i've had a nasty cough with all kinds of chest goo. my wife got hit the end of last week bad and couldnt eat or drink for 4 days or else it evacuated itself from one end or the other.. then my younger son has been struggling through something now too. its really odd for us because my family hardly ever gets sick.

there was an announcement that my old HS is closing for monday and tuesday of next week because over 42% of the student body was out on friday (up from 26% on thursday) with flu-like symptoms as well as a good amount of the staff too. they are saying that 1 in 5 kids in the states has had flu-like symptoms in october and we've had the same amount of flu cases this month as we typically do the WHOLE flu season. it's for real. the one thing i have discovered that has been overblown is the severity. for most people it's the flu.. a little worse but nothing to worry about. for some people like pregnant women and the elderly and the very young and those with breathing complications, it can be dangerous.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links