Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » If Youy've Ever Lost a Long Forum Post...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If Youy've Ever Lost a Long Forum Post...
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and use Firefox- install the Lazarus Form Recovery add-on. It securely saves forms as you type, allowing you to safely recover your lost work after server timeouts, network issues, ...

In the past I've lost some LONG posts and am so ticked off after that happens that I cannot even force myself to re-do the post-even in an abbreviated form. This program is incredible.

Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I ask you a question about this add on? As a former World of Warcraft player we were always warned about keylogger hacker programs that saved typed material on a file, which hackers would use to access your Warcraft accounts. I've heard some hackers use them for bank account information too.

My question to you is, what is exactly saved by this add on? If I went to my bank's site, would the username and password be logged in as well? That could be quite dangerous.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18276 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally understand your concern. This info is pasted right from their FAQ:

Is my form information secure?
As much as possible.

First, all of your data is stored locally on your PC. Second, the form data is encrypted within the database.

We've taken some pains to ensure your data is easily available to you but not easily accessible by other people. As of Lazarus 2.0 we are now using 2048-bit RSA and 256-bit AES hybrid encryption to save your private data. This allows Lazarus to save form data without you having to enter your Lazarus password (Your password is only required to restore a form). We believe this gives a good combination of security, speed and useability.

There are settings to remove form information after a set time. If you enable this, the form info will be deleted from the database once it has expired.

If you do not have a Lazarus Password set, then your private data will still be encrypted. However, anyone with access to your computer will be able to retrieve specific forms by restoring them one at a time. A user only needs to right click and click "Restore" to view the contents of a form. So if users have physical access to your machine whilst the browser is running, they could access your form details.

Can I disable Lazarus for certain sites?
Yup, just right click on the Lazarus icon in the statusbar and select "Disable Lazarus on this site".
Lazarus will no longer save data entered into forms on this site. If you make a mistake you can re-enable Lazarus by right clicking on the icon and selecting "Enable Lazarus on this site".

Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links