Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Do you have a Holiday tradition?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you have a Holiday tradition?
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called it a "Holiday" tradition because not everyone celebrates Christmas.

In my house we hang a "Christmas Pickle" on the tree. (explained below) I didn't grow up with this one, I married into it.

The Christmas Pickle

Here's the pickle “legend” from one Web site: “A very old Christmas eve tradition in Germany was to hide a pickle [ornament] deep in the branches of the family Christmas Tree. The parents hung the pickle last after all the other ornaments were in place. In the morning they knew the most observant child would receive an extra gift from St. Nicholas. The first adult who finds the pickle traditionally gets good luck for the whole year.” This Christmas pickle story, with a few minor variations, can be found all over the Web and in print inside the ornament package. It says that Germans hang a pickle-shaped glass ornament on the Christmas tree hidden away so it's difficult to find. The first child to find it on Christmas morning gets a special treat or an extra present.

Of course, anyone familiar with German Christmas customs can see the flaws in this “legend.” First of all, the German St. Nick doesn't show up on Christmas Eve. He arrives on the 5th or 6th of December. Nor do German children open their presents on Christmas morning. That happens on Christmas Eve in Germany.

-

My Mother was from Germany and she never heard of this tradition. So, it must have originated here in the states. My wife (from whom I inherited this tradition) was from Pittsburgh, Pa.

So, what's your family tradition?

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diabolicus
All Pro Poster
Member # 7743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diabolicus   Email Diabolicus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Traditional Ukrainian supper on christmas eve, no meat besides fish.

Perogies, Kutia, Pampushkys, Beet Soup. [Tongue]

--------------------
~Eyes all around you~
~Enter the labyrinth~
~Visions of the hunted~
~Beware the birchmen~

Posts: 584 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well a tradition at my parents house is to have bacon wrapped scallops with egg nog and other alcohol.

I'm flying solo this year so I will be drinking myself into a drunken stupor and playing some xbox and chilling here at Wu's!

Merry Xmas to all since we are on the subject! [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShortLivedTyranny
Hall Of Famer
Member # 36627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShortLivedTyranny   Author's Homepage   Email ShortLivedTyranny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother buys my brother, my sisters, and I pajamas that we open on christmas eve to wear to bed that night.
It's been a traditional since my sister was born when I was two. My mother still kept it going when my parents divorced and even now that I'm older. :)It's my boyfriend's turn to join in, since my mother got him a pair this year too.

Brett and I have yet to start any traditions of our own, but it's only our first christmas. [Smile]

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamond johny
All Pro Poster
Member # 27586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamond johny   Email diamond johny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to My ex in-laws with my daughter unless she goes to vegas to see her cousins in which case I will stay home with a bottle of Knob Creek. [Cheers]

--------------------
=MORE VOLUME PLEASE=

Posts: 759 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links