Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Interesting Size Comparison Vid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Interesting Size Comparison Vid
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thoght this vid was pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEheh1BH34Q&playnext_from=TL&videos=_qNY8McBvnk&feature=grec

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flip flop fan
Major Player
Member # 9565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flip flop fan   Email Flip flop fan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you look into the sky at night, the majority of the stars light you see are already dead and gone, it just hasn't reached us yet...

--------------------
Never be bought, never be sold...

Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makes you feel pretty tiny, doesn`t it?
I love these kind of videos. There are dozens of similar ones on Youtube...and it is cool how they always use sci-fi background music (this one uses the Bladerunner theme).

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footjoyboy   Email footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Thud]

--------------------
https://pixady.com/image/0893/

Posts: 5992 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a great video - especially in its brevity - and I can think a number of people who should see it.
Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, space. One of my many passions.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FX
Board Regular
Member # 22011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FX   Email FX   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
When you look into the sky at night, the majority of the stars light you see are already dead and gone, it just hasn't reached us yet...
This is a very romantic quote that I've heard a few times from friends or movies. However, it actually isn't quite accurate.

The majority of points of light we see at night are stars within our own Milky Way galaxy (the others are planets or the rarer outside galaxy such as Andromeda). The Milky Way is about 100,000 light years wide. So that's how long it takes the light from one side to reach the other. The average star lives to be about 10 billion years old. While it's possible that some of the the stars MAY already be dead (the result of which we would see as a supernova, I think the last one occuring 140 years ago) The vast majority are still very much alive.

Your statement DOES become more relevant when talking about stars that are outside our galaxy.

Here's Andromeda: http://images.astronet.ru/pubd/2006/11/26/0001218057/andromeda_gendler.jpg
The points of light in the foreground are still stars in our own galaxy (Andromeda's stars are simply too small to dicern out of the "clouds".

However, this is how it looked 2.5 million years ago!

Posts: 22 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FX
Board Regular
Member # 22011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FX   Email FX   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great link by the way! The universe blows my mind!
Posts: 22 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consider this: in the photo of Andromeda, the light from the far side is 150,000 (give or take)years older than the light reaching us from the nearer side of the galaxy.
Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hate these, it scares the shit out of me.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links