Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Final Fantasy (Nintendo Entertainment System)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Final Fantasy (Nintendo Entertainment System)
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thought I'd share a cool little story some of the gamers here would like.

Thursday I stopped at this used video game, movie and cd shop that is down the road from our town. I had been in there before, but a friend of mine got onto this kick of wanting to play his Nintendo 64 for some reason and was looking at buying some games. Well, while he was checking them out, I was looking at a glass showcase that held the regular NES games. When I looked down to the bottom there was a Final Fantasy game cartridge sitting there. The price tag read $5.99. I asked the guy to grab it for me and he did.

Now, I've seen this game going for anywhere from $25 to even $100 with people buying them. I don't even like Final Fantasy games, but for 6 bucks, I couldn't see not getting it - especially since I have about 200 NES games or more and this wasn't one of them.

Well, we get to the counter and my buddy asks the guy for one of those graphics boost plugs for the N64 and the guy tells him that he doesn't have any for sale, but he has one in the back that he could get him, if he keeps quiet about it. Meanwhile, the guy was talking about wanting some food and since we both work some hours at a very popular restaurant in our town that everyone knows, we threw him some free coupons for the trouble. When he saw me give it to my friend, he told me to just take Final Fantasy for free too.

I don't forsee myself selling this game, but I just think it was awesome that I was able to come across this game so cheap and end up getting it for free in the long run. One of my other friends, who is a Final Fantasy nut, was so jealous too.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18274 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, that's a great story.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I almost bought Final Fantasy on the Wii's Virtual Console a while ago. It's 500 Wii Points, the equivalent of $5.

But I decided against it and spend those points on the original Megaman. ...Which I have yet to beat. >_>

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flip flop fan
Major Player
Member # 9565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flip flop fan   Email Flip flop fan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sick dude, that's an awesome find.

I don't happen to have hundreds of cartridges, but I do happen to have two copies of final fantasy. One of which I hope to trade for the first mega man cart, if I can ever find it.

--------------------
Never be bought, never be sold...

Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Thumbs Up]

I´m not into FF either but it is amazing what you can find in second-hand stores or at flea markets. Great that you got it for free!
You should check if the save function of the cartridge still works...most of those old RPGs for the NES/SNES used battery-backed SRAM. Unfortunately many of the batteries are empty nowaday.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hal:
[Thumbs Up]

I´m not into FF either but it is amazing what you can find in second-hand stores or at flea markets. Great that you got it for free!
You should check if the save function of the cartridge still works...most of those old RPGs for the NES/SNES used battery-backed SRAM. Unfortunately many of the batteries are empty nowaday.

Yeah, that could be the reason. Didn't think of that. Both my Zelda 1 & 2 carts still saved 2 years ago when I played them last. Zelda is my game of choice. [Smile]

Patrick

-Hal-

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18274 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flip flop fan
Major Player
Member # 9565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flip flop fan   Email Flip flop fan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so I just dropped $37CAD on ebay for the original Mega Man cart.

--------------------
Never be bought, never be sold...

Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links