Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » RIP Gary Coleman

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RIP Gary Coleman
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100528/ap_en_ce/us_people_gary_coleman

PROVO, Utah – Gary Coleman, the child star of the smash 1970s TV sitcom "Diff'rent Strokes" whose later career was marred by medical and legal problems, has died after suffering an intercranial hemorrhage. He was 42.

Utah Valley Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Janet Frank says life support was terminated and Coleman died at 12:05 p.m. MDT.

Coleman, with his sparkling eyes and perfect comic timing, became a star after "Diff'rent Strokes" debuted in 1978. He played the younger brother in a pair of African-American siblings adopted by a wealthy white man.

His popularity faded when the show ended after six seasons on NBC and two on ABC.

He suffered continuing ill health from the kidney disease that stunted his growth and had a host of legal problems in recent years.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CDNFootbabes
The Legend
Member # 21192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDNFootbabes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes just heard, his health had been failing him the last few years...RIP indeed Gary....

--------------------
Marcus

Follow on Twitter: @CDNFootBabes
Follow on IG: @cdnftguy

Posts: 4602 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Now The World Don't Move, to the beat of just one drum....."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k&feature=related

The last time I saw Coleman was on that reality show with Rob Van Winkle aka Vanilla Ice. They had this fundraiser challenge in some restaurant and Willis (Todd Bridges) walks in the place, and sits to dine.

Vanilla wanted Coleman to say the famous line to Willis, but Coleman was in such a rant and bad-tempered mood that he said "NO"!!! and walked away. Vanilla went after Coleman and picked him up. With Coleman kicking and swearing away, Vanilla puts him down in front of Willis and sez "Come On, Every One Wants You Just To Say It Once".... Furious Coleman leaves the building and catches a cab home pissed-off [Mad]

Anyhoo, I remeber watching different strokes and he was always the life of the show.

May he Rest In Piece.

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I dodder here on my cane and stroke my wizened beard, I recall, while "Different Strokes" was regularly aired, a news program (like "60 Minutes" but not that one) that discussed Coleman's hereditary problems. At the time he was given only a limited life expectancy - maybe 30-35 years. News programs, being what they are, the one I saw may have been wildly inaccurate. Still, that always stuck with me and every time I saw him from the late 90's on, all I could think was: "Borrowed time, man, borrowed time".

Nevertheless, sorry to see him go.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diabolicus
All Pro Poster
Member # 7743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diabolicus   Email Diabolicus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like Coleman had a "Diff'rent Stroke" after all!

Too soon?

--------------------
~Eyes all around you~
~Enter the labyrinth~
~Visions of the hunted~
~Beware the birchmen~

Posts: 584 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
den2
Elite Trooper
Member # 20517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for den2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA HA HA!!!! Nice Diabolicus!! And no not to soon, he was an angry little dwarf anyway, no REAL loss to the world. I liked different strokes and all but everytime I heard his angry ass open his mouth, I just wanted to pick him up and toss him like a lawn dart!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 372 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by den2:
HA HA HA!!!! Nice Diabolicus!! And no not to soon, he was an angry little dwarf anyway, no REAL loss to the world. I liked different strokes and all but everytime I heard his angry ass open his mouth, I just wanted to pick him up and toss him like a lawn dart!! [Big Grin]

[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diabolicus
All Pro Poster
Member # 7743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diabolicus   Email Diabolicus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Ha. I mainly said it because I am not in the habit of pretending to be sorry for celebrities that have no impact on real life.

--------------------
~Eyes all around you~
~Enter the labyrinth~
~Visions of the hunted~
~Beware the birchmen~

Posts: 584 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coleman was on a hit show in what the 80's? Didn't he assault a woman recently? My sympathy is lacking.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, the woman was his wife

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Diabolicus:
quote:

Ha. I mainly said it because I am not in the habit of pretending to be sorry for celebrities that have no impact on real life.
Ahh. People say this...that celebrities have no impact on real life...but I disagree. I never realized this till Michael Jackson died. An extreme example...but it'll illustrate the point.

When I listen to Michael's music I feel as though this music truly is my own personal soundtrack to my life. Do a biography on my life and Michael Jackson would play the tunes. Pretty awesome if you ask me. The happiest times...michael's voice was there....the times with the most sorrow..he was there too. He had millions...hell maybe even a billion as a result. But I do know that despite his huge wealth and fame...my life has far more happiness and peace than his ever will or did. He IMHO literally sacrificed his life...so that I may have a soundtrack to mine.

Ok....so for all celebs that distract us from the monotony of making the world go round....thank you!

GQ

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
den2
Elite Trooper
Member # 20517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for den2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry if my comment pisses you off blackhxc88, but no one can deny how angry the goofy little bastard was.
Posts: 372 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links