Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » This is surreal! Sinkhole in Guatemala from Tropical Storm Agatha aftermath

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This is surreal! Sinkhole in Guatemala from Tropical Storm Agatha aftermath
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
The office of Guatemala's president handed out this aerial view of a crater that opened up after Agatha hit.

(CNN) -- At least 115 people have died after a tropical storm battered Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador over the weekend, officials in those countries reported.

Guatemala was hit hardest, with at least 92 deaths, 54 people missing and 59 injured, emergency officials said. Nearly 112,000 people have been evacuated and more than 29,000 are living in temporary shelters, Guatemalan President Alvaro Colom said in an address to the nation late Sunday.

The devastation has been widespread throughout Guatemala with mudslides destroying homes and buildings and burying some victims. At least nine rivers have dramatically higher levels and 13 bridges have collapsed, the nation's emergency services said.

Classes have been canceled this week throughout the nation.

In Honduras, where 14 people have died, President Porfirio Lobo declared a state of emergency Sunday.

Nearly 3,500 people have been evacuated from their homes and nearly 3,300 are living in shelters, the Honduran emergency agency said Monday. More than 140 homes have been destroyed and another 700 have been damaged, the Permanent Commission for Emergencies reported.

The situation in El Salvador, where nine people died, was improving Monday, officials said. The rain stopped Sunday afternoon and river levels were beginning to diminish, officials said. Classes nationwide remained canceled, however, until further notice.

More rain was possibly forecast for Monday, though, and Salvadoran officials said they were closely monitoring the situation.

Agatha was demoted from a tropical storm to a tropical depression Saturday night and lost its status as a depression Sunday evening.

It was the first named storm for the Pacific hurricane season. The Atlantic hurricane season starts Tuesday.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wtf!?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Photoshopped to fuck.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluetoelover:
Photoshopped to fuck.

Ya think? I thought that too at first. Apparently thought this is not the first time its happened as in 2007 one opened up over there as well sucking down some homes.

-

-

-

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
temp1234
Major Player
Member # 33411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for temp1234   Email temp1234   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not photoshopped. I saw a few of these when I studied geology. They're kinda strange aren't they?
I remember my professor telling me how rare it is for nature to craft out such finely shaped things. I mean look how clear cut it is. You get these all over the world of all different sizes.
I attended one in Russia some years ago that was around a metre wide, some people went down with climbing gear and it just lead to a cave system.

My local city had one in April last year right in the middle of the road. A bit bigger than the Russian one too.

Posts: 230 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...how do they fill them in?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flip flop fan
Major Player
Member # 9565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flip flop fan   Email Flip flop fan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grub holes man, haven't you played gears of war?

Seriously thought, they look like they're perfectly carved out. What's the explanation for how they are formed? Seismic activity? Plate tectonics?

--------------------
Never be bought, never be sold...

Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
temp1234
Major Player
Member # 33411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for temp1234   Email temp1234   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We still don't know. FWIW it's the most cylindrical and cleanly cut sink hole ever.

Freaky huh.

Posts: 230 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Originally posted by Flip flop fan:
Seriously thought, they look like they're perfectly carved out. What's the explanation for how they are formed? Seismic activity? Plate tectonics?

I believe it's caused by "some serious shit".

--------------------
 -

sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They've happened in that part of the world throughout history. Underground cave systems cris- cross the region. Torrential rains undermine the cave roof until it just "caves in". Base jumping spelunkers like 'em.

-

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see it in person. On a positive note, it maybe a tourist attraction gaining some revenue, t-shirts maybe etc..?. There'd be more than a hundred uses for a hole like that; sewage/illegal chemical/criminal evidence dumping, mass suicide, kick someone you don't like down there like spartans.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JKO12
Loyal Member
Member # 30609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKO12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I call Guatemala make this a Spartan esque hole
Posts: 51 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

"ir a Guatamala y llegar en Guatapeor"

=O!

--------------------
 -

combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Laugh] I guess that really is worse.
Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links