Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » I keep getting pulled over....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I keep getting pulled over....
Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so I bought this car and I had 30 days to get a tag and all that. 3 days before times up I get pulled over. Cop reminds me to get a tag in 3 days. Next day I get pulled over for same reason and they remind me to get one in 2 days.

The last day I find out I can't get a tag because the bank messed up something in getting the title in my name. So I go get a temporary tag until all the mess is cleared up. Tag office tells me to put it in the back window. Next day I get pulled over again, cop says she didn't see the tag at first and let me go.

Next day, I get pulled over again. This time the cop tells me that I'm not supposed to have the tag in the window. I tell him that the tag office told me to put it in the window and that I got pulled over the previous night and that cop didn't say anything about it. He says that I'm supposed to put it on the back of the car. I say that it's paper, if it rains it'll get ruined. He gets pissy with me and tells me that he doesn't give a shit if it was on top of the car, GA law says it's supposed to be on the back and if he sees me in town with the tag in the window again he'll write me a ticket. What a dick.

So, I'm just getting the tag laminated. But anyway, I feel like I'm being harassed, what should I do?

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't wait 27 days to get a tag. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Laminating it or just wrapping it in plastic wrap will do the trick. As for the cops, I don't think there's much you can do.
When I was a truck driver, we had a joke we used to tell, "Why does a D.O.T officer wear a tie?" "It keeps his foreskin from sliding up and suffocating him!"

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sofatater:
Don't wait 27 days to get a tag.

What he said.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You wouldn't have anything to draw attention to you do you? Maybe a fully modified exterior, mags, lowered, graphics, loud exhaust, full spoiler body kit etc?????

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, none of that. Just a regular spoiler on a 97 Honda Accord.

--------------------

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Oh, and the reason why I waited so long was because the tag office told me to come back near the end of the 30 days.

--------------------

Flip flop fan
Major Player
Member # 9565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flip flop fan   Email Flip flop fan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My family are all cops, by Canadian standards, you are being harassed. The cops can't just pull you over for no reason and if they already pulled you over for a tag once, they shouldn't be doing it again.

IF your papers are legit, what is the reason for the pull over?

You're being harassed.

--------------------
Never be bought, never be sold...

Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you speeding or doing anything to bring attention to yourself? If not, then the only other thing I can think of is that you either have extremely bad luck or they are running your plate when they are behind you and see that your tag is expired...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluetoelover:
Are you speeding or doing anything to bring attention to yourself? If not, then the only other thing I can think of is that you either have extremely bad luck or they are running your plate when they are behind you and see that your tag is expired...

Well if he was, he'd get a ticket.

I know everyone has an opinion on stuff like this, but I reckon it's just that they've got a new toy in those fucking spy camera things to check reg against make, tax, insurance etc and they've just set it to go off if the tax disk is within 30 days of it's validity.

My dad once knew a policeman that told him the day the flip-out truncheons were introduced (in England), every officer had bruises on the back of their knees where they'd all been playing/"testing them out".

I'd go to...well whatever is the body one goes to in America to make complaints against police misconduct/harassment and fill out a report. Have a pen and paper pad permanently in the car so every time you get stopped by a policeman, take their name and badge number, the date, time, what was said as to why you were pulled over etc so you have a log of it to support your claim. Important point though: NEVER be sarcastic or joke-y with them, always call them officer/sir and just say you're making the log because you feel you are being unfairly treated by the legal system. Be factual and not angry or anything.

(Btw - officers can arrest you for swearing at them and so that officer that said he didn't give a shit could have faced some disciplinary action. Especially seeing as it seems he was wrong.)

Well good luck with it man and...don't hide any drugs in your trunk I suppose [Wink]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veteater
Loyal Member
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veteater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I thought my local authorities were assholes...I currently have a '99 Dodge Viper GTS. It's got no mufflers (legal), high-flow catalytic converters (legal as long as it passes the sniffer) and its quite loud, bordering noise pollution laws.

I got pulled over tonight because the officer felt as though I was about to get on it. I didn't even hit the speed limit! Got a $320 ticket for careless driving. This is to be laughed out of court...WATCH ME!

Posts: 57 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only problem I see is the last cop who told you to put the paper on the car. I guess you could get it laminated, but all you were doing is following what the tag office told you and that was to put it in the back window. The other cops were just doing their job. They didn't give you a ticket, just reminders of your expiration being due. If it's the same cop over and over, then it is harassment, but a different cop every time, I don't know. Whenever I get pulled over, which has happened a lot, I just say yes or no, and try not to give them any kind of attitude. They want to think they are always right and are in charge, so let them have their moment and then go on your way.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FtLckr26:
They want to think they are always right and are in charge, so let them have their moment and then go on your way.

Better advice than mine probably...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links