Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » do you stop loving new muic?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: do you stop loving new muic?
edelbrock
Elite Trooper
Member # 17055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for edelbrock   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so a couple months back in the Redeye (a free chicago newspaper), someone wrote a very interesting article regarding music. the writer questions whether people lose their ability to really LOVE a song after a certain age, primarily once into the 20s. he continues to claim that once u reach a certain age, not only do you look at music differently but you simply stop associating so many post-adolescent feelings with it and therefore a song that u "love" will soon become just another song a few years later, meanwhile the whole time you will still "LOVE" that one song u heard your first day of college.

The Music Dies When You Turn 20

i certainly agree with the writer but im only 27... songs up until i was 21 or 22 still bring me back to when i was in or just out of high school. now, i have my favorite songs from 22+ but they really dont have any FEELING, just the fact that i still enjoy the way the song sounds.

id like to hear from anyone else, particularly those who are older than I.

--------------------
www.joeysfeetgirls.com
Twitter/IG: @joeysfeetgirls

Posts: 260 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Beatles. Need I say more?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andy, please don't. [Laugh]

perhaps it's not that we dont have the same feelings but we dont have the same experiences as we listen to our music. i dont have the same emotional experiences in my life that i did when i was in school... although i can think of a few songs that bring back some strong emotions and they are from my early 30's. dunno. interesting

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must agree with this. Music was everything for me in my youth from age 8 until my early 20s. It was my comfort, escape, sometimes the only thing that made sense to me. The music scene seems to change every 5 years too as far as styles go which makes it hard for someone to relate to or understand new music once you get past a certain age like your mid to late 20s. I have always listened to older music even when I was a kid. Then it was music of the 60s and 70s, but during the 80s when I was in college I was pretty much up on the metal scene at that time. By the early 90s I enjoyed Seattle's contribution with the doomy flannel bands but after that it was lost to me for the most part as hip hop and rap became the mainstream. Nowadays I pretty much couldn't tell you a name of any popular song or artist in the past 10 years. Just doesn't do anything for me anymore to be bothered with it.

However, I have found myself going back farther in time searching out older music from the 20s to 50s. And yes, I still prefer listening to the music I liked when I was under 20 now at middle age.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and this...

-

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That cartoon is too true. [Thumbs Up]
Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not really. Because since late last year, I've worn out my oldies songs, sorta played them almost every weekend for over 10 years. I'm always ears out for something new but just my ears are out and catch wind of whatever comes my way. I don't go outta my way to try to look for something new but if a friend suggests me a band or song to look up, I'll usually jot it down in my notebook (huh? notebook you say?...?.. that's another story.. anyhoo) and check it out when I get home. Or if I stumble on something whether it be playin' on the radio, backround music of a scene in a movie, someone humming or whistling a melody......

Now defining new as "new to me" and not new in the fact of the timeline unless....... hang on see if I can break it down a lil'.

My bros loaded up a heap of songs in my Ipod touch a few weeks back and haven't really sifted through them until just yesterday. Started at "A" and liked the 3rd song first pop.... "About A Girl - The Acedemy Is" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR2ofV3apKY
Although it's been out for a few years it's new to me and I like it. Another example "Spicks and Specks - BeeGees" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7kbQyseI1I First time I heard it about a month a go and liked that song first pop, although it's been out for a few decades, again new to me.

I guess it all comes down to "FIRST POP", If I like it first pop, then that's what I like. So in a sense.... NO I don't stop loving new music" [Hump]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nusuth:
Andy, please don't. [Laugh]

[Wink] [Laugh]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never related to the songs I listen to. I guess if I related to songs like Angel of Death or I Cum Blood I'd be a pretty messed up guy, lol. It's hard for me to describe why I listen to the music I listen to. It's not for the lyrics, maybe for how the lyrics sound... like a demon. Mostly it's for the pure fast and heavy talented aggression that a metal band has to offer. It makes me feel... powerful? I don't know.

I started out listening to Deep Purple and Kansas when I was 8 or so. Then went to cRap and pop in my preteens. That was quickly forgotten when I was introduced to metal my freshman year. I'm now 23, I still love Deep Purple and Kansas. Absolutely loath cRap and pop. As for metal, it will thrash and burn in my heart the rest of my life.

It seems mainstream music is easily forgotten nowadays. I think if you're forgetting the music you listen to then maybe you were listening to the wrong music.

[ October 03, 2011, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: Talos ]

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
edelbrock
Elite Trooper
Member # 17055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for edelbrock   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah but as a 23 year old, talos, do songs u listened to when you were 15 still make u nostalgiac? At only 23, u would theoretically only just be entering the "music dies" phase. Imagine that first metal album u banged out to freshman year. I bet u still remeber those bands and those albums well. In 7 years u will still know those songs well, but will u remember the music u are listenin to right now?

--------------------
www.joeysfeetgirls.com

Posts: 260 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamond johny
All Pro Poster
Member # 27586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamond johny   Email diamond johny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It seems mainstream music is easily forgotten nowadays. I think if you're forgetting the music you listen to then maybe you were listening to the wrong music.
A lot of these new bands/artists whatever, seem
kinda soft, weak & whiny. Everyone is in a non-creative mode now just recycling the 70s all over again. I'm still nostalgic for the truly great players like Alex Lifeson, Steve Vai, EVH & Rik Emmett. As of late, I'm not impressed with any new players.

--------------------
=MORE VOLUME PLEASE=

Posts: 759 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
edelbrock
Elite Trooper
Member # 17055

mainstream music always has and probably always will be easily forgettable. but this is besides the point. the intention of the post itself transcends genre and type of music or radio play. i (and the writer of the article) are simply referring to what YOU listened to from teenage into college years vs what you listen to later in your 20s. there seems to be a point of your life when you stop associating music with feelings emotions and memories no matter now meaningful or meaningless the music is.

i personally relate. i can give you some deep artists and songs that ive discovered in the past few years that dont bring NEARLY as much mental connection as some of the meaningless mainstream stuff i listen to when i was younger.

i.e. when i listen to my way by usher or iris by goo goo dolls, it reminds me of being in 8th and 9th grade, having my first girl friend, moving to a new house and meeting new friends... staying up late all summer and waking up early to see these videos on MTV. off the top of my head, i cant even tell you what i was listening to 3 years ago. 2008? hell id have to look at the billboards for that year refresh my memory. yeah, i REMEMBER the songs, but there is no time portal that i step to when i hear them. maybe i will 10 years from now? or will i forget them as i continue to listen to usher and goo goo dolls...?

--------------------
www.joeysfeetgirls.com

edelbrock
Elite Trooper
Member # 17055

lol i may have proven myself wrong.

i see lil wayne lolipop. reminds me of drinkin beers in the parking lot of my friends apartment. one of his neighbors had an 84 cutlass and was bangin it hard in the garage behind us.

i see whatever you like by ti. reminds me of when an old high school friend who then lived in arizona came to chicago with a couple of her arizona girlfriends and we stayed in a hotel downtown right by the lake for a few days.

love lockdown by kanye west was one of the songs i listened to right when i got my newest most recent sub/amp setup. u could feel the bass pressure destroying your ear drums when the bass hits.

but even tho im taken to that time, i still have no FEELING. i guess only the future will answer.

--------------------
www.joeysfeetgirls.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links