Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » How Do You Pronounce 2012?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Do You Pronounce 2012?
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just out of curiosity, how do you pronounce the year 2012? Some would say two thousand twelve, while others say twenty-twelve. Some of the other might go as far as to say two-thousand and twelve.

Here's an article from the Boston Globe on the issue --
http://articles.boston.com/2012-01-01/ideas/30575779_1_broadcasters-21st-century-candy-crowley

Nine times out of ten, I pronounce it as twenty-twelve. The only times where I pronounce it as two thousand twelve or two thousand and twelve is when I think about or talk about the 2012 NFL Draft, the 2012 World Series, the 2012 NBA Finals and the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Finals. Anything else related to sports, I refer to it as the twenty-twelve season.

The past couple of years were pronounced as twenty-ten and twenty-eleven.

What about you guys?

-- National

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Panic
Hall Of Famer
Member # 21074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Panic   Email Panic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
two thousand twleve
Posts: 1555 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka.footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 32751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aka.footjoyboy   Email aka.footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think for the years 2000 - 2009 you pretty much had to pronounce the 'thousand' unless you wanted to say 'twenty - 0-9'... and no one did that.
Now that the calendar has turned to the 10's it's much easier to say 'twenty ten' or 'twenty eleven'.

So I find myself using the latter more and more.

--------------------
Yes, I'm that footjoyboy

-

Posts: 10498 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2010 = Two thousand ten
2011 = Two thousand eleven

2012 = Twenty Twelve
Just realised my pronounciation jumped from two-thousand to twenty.... [Eek!]

Hmmmmm.... wonder how prince's song 1999 would've sounded.... "So tonight I'm gonna party like it's nineteen thousand and ninety nine" [Nut Kick] Grrrrr the extra 3 syllables doesn't roll off the tounge as well does it [Big Grin] ...lol

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"This year" [Big Grin]

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links