Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » The need for a smartphone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The need for a smartphone
Rod34
Board Regular
Member # 23491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rod34   Email Rod34   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is having a smartphone really necessary I mean all I do is talk and text anyway I can check Facebook on my laptop paying all that money a month for a phone ain't necessary I just have a basic phone cheap $50 a month smartphones overrated I'm just saying
Posts: 21 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I literally just upgraded to a BlackBerry 2 days ago, my bill goes up from $55 a month to $64 from what I was using before. Texting and the odd phone call is the only thing I used my phone before for. But this blackberry is fucking addictive [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rod34
Board Regular
Member # 23491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rod34   Email Rod34   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I had a few blackberries and I was addicted to it I'm thinking about going back lol
Posts: 21 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agghhh... I dnt need 1. Buuuut I'm usually @ my desktop posting here, instead this post is frm a smart phone frm the comfort of my couch (I believe u Americans call it a sofa [Roll Eyes] ) [Big Grin] .

90% of th time I use mine 4 txt n talk. I browse th web via wifi.

All I cn say is thy chew up alotta power. Or at least mine does.

[ April 10, 2012, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: FootLongSub Zero ]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My phone is an all inclusive HTC Evo 4 which I got because of all the things it does. Its got blue tooth so I use it with my car stereo which is set up for it to take calls while I drive. I also use Pandora for internet radio playing through the car stereo. It has the best GPS I've seen with satellite view of the roads. I sometimes do online banking with it, booked hotels online, check e-mail, and can of course check in on Wu's with it wherever I'm at when I'm away from the home PC.

The thing I use it the least for is actually talking on it.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought all I needed a phone for was talking and texting. But once I started using a smart phone, I don't think I could go without one. Browsing and posting on Wu's while at the DMV or when work is slow is a must have convenience. I even do my college homework on my phone when I'm away from my computer and the GPS has come in handy so many times.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use a pay as you go phone and I spend only around $100 a year on it.

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phatburger II
Board Regular
Member # 42499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phatburger II   Email phatburger II   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never really cared about mobile phones until I got a used MyTouch 3G two years ago, and later, an LG Optimus. Now I absolutely love 'em: full HTML internet w/Flash, movies, music, apps, and games, the ultimate time-killing machine! As of now I have a Kyocera Echo, but I really want an HTC Android phone. Their hardware design and Sense UI are the best, next to Apple IMO. I want an EVO, like LeDaemon, but hell, I'm willing to downgrade to HTC's Wildfire S!
Posts: 16 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diabolicus
All Pro Poster
Member # 7743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diabolicus   Email Diabolicus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three years ago my only use for a cellphone was for staying in touch with my family as I traveled a lot and wasn't big in to any kind of social networking or anything of the sort so I had a pretty standard flip phone that I left on a pay as you go type of plan.

My career and life went through some big changes and it became necessary that I switched to a BlackBerry device in order to keep up with my new faster paces lifestyle. I am not one of those guys who is glued to his phone but I do have a need for it now. I just use it to check emails from my superiors regarding meeting times and staying in touch with my co-workers. Communication is key in my job so it's become a bit of a necessity. Plus side is that it is also much easier to stay in touch in my private life now because of my upgrade.

Anyways, I am a big fan of my BlackBerry now but a few years ago I would be in the crowd making fun of people with smart phones as I always used to see it as kind of unnecessary.

--------------------
~Eyes all around you~
~Enter the labyrinth~
~Visions of the hunted~
~Beware the birchmen~

Posts: 584 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links