Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Cars : sport sedans

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cars : sport sedans
longhitter04
All Pro Poster
Member # 2391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longhitter04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took my car in for service this morning (Audi A8), and since my lease is about to expire in a couple weeks I spoke to a salesman about leasing another. I've know the salesman for quite some time as this would be my 3rd vehicle I've gotten from him.

We got to talking about the new A8's and they had a new A8 W12 model on site. Same car as the A8, just with a 12 cylinder in it. I saw the price tag and laughed, but he talked me into to taking it out for a drive.

First thing I noticed was the throaty growl this beast lets out when you start it. It wasn't loud at all, but was very distinctive and noticeable. He directed me to a back road about 1/2 from the dealership. We got there and he had me stop the car and told me to hit it. HOLY FUCK!!!! I've never driven anything that fast in my life. I simply couldn't believe a car that big could move that quick. When you punch it, the quattro system holds the tires firm and you just take off like a rocket, no chirping of the tires. Pure acceleration. According to the rep, 0-60 in 4.4 seconds.

I've never really been into fast cars, but this thing was amazing. I am still amazed they can make a car that big move so quick, and still have a 4WD system.... Unreal.

Posts: 638 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KDCX859
All Pro Poster
Member # 25431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KDCX859   Email KDCX859   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea, tech has come quite a long way in the last several years! It's not uncommon for factory cars to run 10s with the window sticker still attached.
Posts: 769 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The day they couple that power along with 30mpg+ is the day they will sell most people. I think the public is still looking for economy over extreme power these days. There's nothing you can't do with 4 less cylinders, but I bet it was cool at least.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18302 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longhitter04
All Pro Poster
Member # 2391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longhitter04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:
The day they couple that power along with 30mpg+ is the day they will sell most people. I think the public is still looking for economy over extreme power these days. There's nothing you can't do with 4 less cylinders, but I bet it was cool at least.

It's on it's way. According to the sales rep, Audi is releasing the S8 later this fall. It's the exact same care as the 12 cylinder, but will have a twin turbocharged 8 cylinder that does 0-60 in 4 seconds flat. That's basically as quick as just about any Porsche you can find.

Here's the kicker, it will come with cylinder deactivation which will turn the 8 cylinder into a 4 cylinder under certain driving conditions. Not you'll have EXTREME power when needed, along with great gas mileage depending on your driving style.

Posts: 638 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links