Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Depression

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Depression
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 9 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone get into a blue funk regularly? I've been dealing with it most of my life. You can be riding high feeling good about yourself and then something happens or someone says to you that will swing your feelings 180 degrees so that you feel no self worth and unfulfilled. I'm not bi-polar by any stretch.

For me I fill the void listening to music, playing music on guitar, or in the past creating artwork rather than "self medicating" which I know a lot of people do which I believe makes things worse. It will put my mind at ease and help me to feel better. I've also found bike riding that I've taken up again for exercise is a great healer for the mind as well as the body.

So what do others here do for this [Cry] to be more like this [Woot] I'm needing to hop on my bike now...

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
screwhead20
All Pro Poster
Member # 16242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for screwhead20   Author's Homepage   Email screwhead20   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I get like that all the time.. Sucks when you get in depressed mode because it sooooo hard to get out of that state of mind. I'm a jogger so going for that morning run and sweating from exhaustion takes the attention away from my mind and compulsive thinking. It's very therapeutic

--------------------
https://prettypedicures.tumblr.com

https://instagram.com/pretty__pedis/

https://twitter.com/Prettypedis

https://www.facebook.com/BigToeLovers

Posts: 588 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I biked about 10 miles this morning and came back to do yard work. Very therapeutic.

--------------------

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would guess that visiting Lala would help ones mood tremendously. [Smile]

Seriously though bud, I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with depression. It can be a real motherfucker. I self medicated when I used to deal with it and I dunno if it worked well or not but I got through and luckly didn't get addicted enough to anything that I couldn't recover from it.

For me it was just a chance in my life situation. Meeting the woman who would become my wife and having kids and stuff and then trying to support the family. It can be more overwhelming than anything I'd ever experienced when I dealt with depression but there just isn't time to think about it or dwell on it or even deal with it. The pressure is on to provide for the fam, and I put them ahead of myself so when I feel shitty, well tough. When I feel great, well awesome. Seeing the kids smiling and coming home from a shitty day at work to the 2 and a half year old running over with an excited "Daddy!!!!" makes all the days stresses and worries go away and gives me a greater high than any buzz I've ever experienced with drugs or alcohol. The wife bounced back from a a couple of kids to the figure of a late teen/early 20s hottie as she's hit the age of 30 and she gives me all the foot play and sex I can cram into a non stop schedule of working and chasing the kids. Eveytime a funk sort of hits me I try and just slap myself in the face and think of how great I've actually got it and try and snap the fuck out of it because no good as ever come from dwelling on that which brings us down. Instead try and focus on what brings you up...which of course leads me back to Lala. haha.

Anyways bro, I hope you're feeling better. The bike rides seem like a good idea too. Long as you don't take a fucking header. Chin up cool dude, you fuckin' rock and have a lot to live for and enjoy in this life. Don't let the little voices in that head of yours tell you any different cause if they do I'll lobby Lala to kick them right in their little "voices inside a head" balls and you don't wanna have to go through that shit again. [Laugh]

--------------------
I Love My Sweet Angel Shawna

http://Drunk24-7.tumblr.com/

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't think I can answer this at this point as I've just come down with a case of Pneumonia. Feel like shit [Puke] . Just stopped by here on the way back from the bog back to bed. Don't worry I've washed my hands ...lol [Confused] ... I'm usually on an upper note so I'll give you my views another day.

A hug does wonders [Smile]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
true depression like you seem to suffer from LD can not be helped by a change in life or a simple thing but unfortunately requires real attention. in a way, you are self medicating... but in a very positive way. physical exercise is great way to combat depression with the release of endorphins you can get. you might need more help though and talking to your health care provider can help. i know you'll probably say you dont want or need any medical help, perhaps taking a low dose SRI would ease you over those lows. my wife is on one and her life changed dramatically. it doesnt affect her libido (i can attest to that [Wink] ) and it doesnt zombify her as many can. i also get reminded how well it works because once in a while she doesnt get her refills done quick enough and within a couple of days you can see the change.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm rarely depressed. I do get depressed but very rarely. I never really do anything to try to fill the void, like I 'NEVER' drink when I'm depressed or pissed off. When I'm happy I drink [Cheers] [Big Grin] . (I don't drink to try to be happy, I drink because I'm happy [Smile] ). Instead of trying to fill the void, I might try deep thinking and try to break it down to it's core element and find out what caused the problem and try to fix it. As my nature into having a short attention span and low on patience [Roll Eyes] (typical FootLongSub [Big Grin] ), this can be mentally straining and at times I just forget about it and it goes away by itself over time.

I remember back early 2000's when listening to a Toni Robbins program of how you can link something physical to an emotion I think they're called anchors. Like when you're at your peak state, you anchor it to a part of your body (eg. squeezing your wrist or somewhat..)... If done right, you can recall that paticular state any time by squeezing your wrist the exact same way. anyhoo to the point I was trying to get at in the first place... This can also work emotions with songs why some of us feel a state of nostalgia when listen to childhood classics. This anchoring jibberish is still a void filler which I think I'm against. This is a reason why I don't listen to my favorite songs while I'm down, thinkin' it will fuck up the song [Big Grin] ...

To be continued....

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solesearcher77
Elite Trooper
Member # 21607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solesearcher77   Email solesearcher77   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read about things like this being due to free will. No matter how good things are going its almost like you find something else you have to do or attain or accomplish. Or maybe you thought you would FEEL different after achieving all that you have. Not saying you like YOU, but you in a general sense. This free will thing can be very good or very tortuous. We all have to be careful of not appreciating what we already have. I feel it's possible to do that and not be complacent. I don't know man, but from what I've been reading its very intriguing. I'm just trying to understand like you are man...

--------------------
Hip Hop since 1978; Foot fetish since 1981

Posts: 382 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalafeet
Elite Trooper
Member # 44644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalafeet   Email lalafeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Drunk_24-7:
[/QB] Don't let the little voices in that head of yours tell you any different cause if they do I'll lobby Lala to kick them right in their little "voices inside a head" balls and you don't wanna have to go through that shit again. [Laugh] [/QB]

Did I hear someone say "Kick LD in the junk?" Yeah!

I'm almost never depressed. However I am in a bit of a funk right now. How can you tell? My toe nails have been the same color for more than a week. Think I'm going past two weeks now with black tootsies! Part due to me breaking both my big toes while on my cruise. This definitely mad me sad. [Cry]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 379 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well those broken black nails on those toes "elevated" my mood on Wednesday for sure. [Evil Grin]

--------------------

FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

^^ [Evil Grin] Nice

--------------------

Board Regular
Member # 12710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1138   Email 1138   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doing artwork really helps me get out of the depressed state. I also tend to lean on playing video games to be a distraction, which helps a lot.
I hate getting depressed, so I try and find something to do quickly rather than wallow in self-worthlessness.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Ok, I tend to wollow in depression for a while if it does hit and go into a state of deep ponder. I tend to believe that the mind will do what it can to fix itself If you "trust" and "believe" that there is a light is at the end of the tunnel, it will find it's way there whether you can see it initially or not. In this instance, I don't distract the mind by doing anything unproductive or fun. I wreckon this rewards the negative state of mind which will either prolong the depressed state or worse fix it there.

This is just what I think and I could be wrong or others might disagree with what I'm saying but this is what I believe.

This next part could be classed as a distraction but I see it as being productive while the mind is fixing itself. Since it's fixing itself, it's something you no longer have to worry about for the time being. Along with 'beleiving in the light end', I write little things to do or mini goals I set for myself for the next day. I write at least 5 (things to do) and do them before that day is out crossing each task off like a shopping list, nothing majorly large but something that will improve my life even just a little or a mi-nute bit, I'm happy as long as it's moving forward.

eg. I sometimes set out 5 hours on a Sunday to gather clips for editing making a mini movie for my family back in NZ. Editing is effin' time consuming...... So on Monday, one of my mini-goals might be *-30mins DVD editing time* and the next day might be *-45mins DVD editing time*...etc.. By the time Sunday roles around it's almost done and might only have to do 1hrs work.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links