Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Livejasmine popups--arrgghh!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Livejasmine popups--arrgghh!
hyperion
The Legend
Member # 39397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hyperion   Email hyperion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings,

I've set my browser (Mozilla 20.0.1) to private, blocked popups, etc., yet livejasmine is the one popup that seems to keep bypassing my settings.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there a "stealth" setting I can set? It's damn frustrating that I set all these security hoops for myself to jump thru, but yet I have to deal with this stupid popup--and only this one--every damn time. I can block everything else.

Advice?

--------------------
-hyp

Posts: 3723 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footangel33
Board Regular
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footangel33   Email footangel33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
download an addon called adblock. It will get rid of nearly all advertisements. including the ones on youtube videos. you may still get the pop-up but it will just be a blanks white page and nothing will load on it.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hyperion
The Legend
Member # 39397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hyperion   Email hyperion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright man thanks, I'm piloting it now. Also installed Ghostery.

--------------------
-hyp

Posts: 3723 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't block ads as this is the way the internet pays for itself (just as in the days of free TV). I must confess, however, that livejasmine is a particular vexation by virtue of its ubiquitousness.
Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pay for my internet. So I dont know what your are talking about.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keyfeet:
I pay for my internet. So I dont know what your are talking about.

Didn't mean to be misleading, here.

There are so many "free" sites on the web that one begins not to notice. As an example, all the different image hosting sites used here at Wu's (Imagebam, Pimp & Host, etc.) are free to the user; they pay for their existence by offering space to advertisers. Can you imagine how inconvenient and cumbersome it would be if you had to pay for every look at any appealing photo that piques your curiosity?

As with television, now, you may pay for a connection with the cable company or your dish network (stay away from the latter, what a bunch of crooks...but that's another story), but it is the advertising that pays for the programming.

Granted, I usually leave the room when the program goes to commercial. Similarly, I don't pay a lot of attention to the ads on-line but I give them the chance to attract my attention.

Livejasmine, in my opinion, goes beyond the pale as it commandeers my screen and repeatedly (relentlessly) reappears. It certainly takes advantage of my willingness to be open to ads.

Hope that clears up my point.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Well, Livejasmine has really begun to spark my ire in connection with imagevenue. Every time I click anything at imagevenue, livejasmine loads a separate page. I use auto-hide so I may have 5-6 pages up without knowing it for a while.
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah well, if a website starts charging to host there. People will just go to a different site that doesn't charge.

But that doesn't mean the internet is free. You still have to pay your internet provider to even browse it. Yes you can go to a coffee shop, or a library, ad get free wi-fi, but someone is paying for it.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

quote:
Originally posted by Keyfeet:
Yeah well, if a website starts charging to host there. People will just go to a different site that doesn't charge.

But that doesn't mean the internet is free. You still have to pay your internet provider to even browse it. Yes you can go to a coffee shop, or a library, ad get free wi-fi, but someone is paying for it.

Truly so.

There seems to be some objections to my use of the word "free". There was a time when television was truly free to the audience (still some instances exist); the user, nonetheless, had to assume the burden of the cost of the receiving/display unit (the antenna and the television itself) but the programming was free to the user. Even in my youth, I saw this as a very fair exchange.

To the best of my recollection, I don't believe that Wu's has cost me a dime, while I will confess that I did have to pay for the computor and continue to pay for the connection. Still, the content here remains free to the user. The advertisers bear the cost of supporting this site...or, at least that is my understanding. An equitable trade, I think.

I digressed, sorry about that. As I drift from site to site and post to post, when my cursor hovers over a link that tells me it will go to imagevenue, I think about whether it is worth dealing with livejasmine with every click I make. I pass on a lot of those posts.

aka.footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 32751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aka.footjoyboy   Email aka.footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I think about whether it is worth dealing with livejasmine with every click I make. I pass on a lot of those posts."
Comment by Toetapper

Yup, me too; however every now and then, when livejasmine invades my screen, I'll type 'show feet' in the discourse panel and some times they will.

--------------------
Yes, I'm that footjoyboy

-

Posts: 10498 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

quote:
Originally posted by aka.footjoyboy:

Yup, me too; however every now and then, when livejasmine invades my screen, I'll type 'show feet' in the discourse panel and some times they will.

Capital idea! I will have to try this out.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links