Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » What are your thoughts on Affleck as Batman?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are your thoughts on Affleck as Batman?
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he's a little too pussy for the role. I haven't seen any of his latest films, maybe he's matured more through acting.....

I was thinkin' of other suggestions like Hugh Jackman, Eric Bana maybe? What about Pitt?

Affleck might suprise me as I've been proven wrong before when I thought the same thing about Kutcher taking the lead role in 'Two & Half'. I mean he's nowhere near Sheen's potential but the show is still running... (side thought: wonder who'd replace Sheldon if the actor left Big Bang...)

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bale was just fine IMO...of course, Keaton was even better.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18309 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't stop laughing at Bale when he did that "raspy" voice...I think Affleck will be fine as the new Batman.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jediofthefeet
The Legend
Member # 1463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jediofthefeet   Author's Homepage   Email jediofthefeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Affleck is bulky enough to play the role, and he has the cleft chin for it. How about one of the Baldwin brothers, Stephen or Alec. Alec would be better. Billy is too old and too big. Daniel is still relatively unknown, even as a Baldwin.

--------------------
You must do what you feel is right, of course-Obi Wan Kenobi

Posts: 2662 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FootLongSub Zero:
I think he's a little too pussy for the role.

quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:
Bale was just fine IMO

I agree with both statements wholeheartedly.

-- National

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fwrinkledsoles
Hall Of Famer
Member # 101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fwrinkledsoles   Email Fwrinkledsoles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a damn things [Puke]

--------------------
http://s385.photobucket.com/user/fwrinkledsoles/media/Donna00.jpg.html

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solesurvivordragon
Elite Trooper
Member # 37330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solesurvivordragon   Author's Homepage   Email solesurvivordragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't think Affleck is the worst choice. Then again, we already had worse...............

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cNW8nDaPXiY/T-GxaGgkZCI/AAAAAAAAAF4/dfQR3ZaCqkI/s1600/George-Clooney-Bruce-WayneBatman.jpg

[ September 02, 2013, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: solesurvivordragon ]

Posts: 337 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll hold my opinion until I see what he does. Bear in mind, I was pretty disappointed when I found out Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker...shows how much I know, and for that reason, I'd rather wait until this movie comes out.

What does bother me is that the new Batman will not be debuting in his own movie but in the next Superman movie. That's a decision I strongly disagree with.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Bale best and would have liked to see the combo of him and Cavill. I wouldn't have minded Eric Bana, definitely not Pitt or Jackman. Ben Affleck will just have to listen to the direction of Snyder and Nolan. Gerard Butler may have been a good choice if he brought the Leonidas persona minus the accent.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solemansince74
Loyal Member
Member # 24760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solemansince74   Email solemansince74   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting and The Town.... Hell, I live in Boston and I'm having a hard time swallowing the news.

I wish he would concentrate on the Whitey Bulger movie he's supposed to make and leave Batman to someone else. Preferable an unknown actor.

http://cdn.dashburst.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/KaBv2aJ.jpg

[ September 02, 2013, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: solemansince74 ]

Posts: 53 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deviant Feet
Major Player
Member # 46691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deviant Feet   Email Deviant Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do we even need a new batman, yet?

Nothing will surpass dark knight.

Posts: 126 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foot Lover Of London
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot Lover Of London   Email Foot Lover Of London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FootLongSub Zero:
I think he's a little too pussy for the role. I haven't seen any of his latest films, maybe he's matured more through acting.....

I was thinkin' of other suggestions like Hugh Jackman, Eric Bana maybe? What about Pitt?

[Thumbs Up]
Posts: 1395 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dissent:
Why do we even need a new batman, yet?

Nothing will surpass dark knight.

Bale didn't want to continue in the role... Unfortunately. It's just tough to see anyone in that role again.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kani C. Eurphete
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kani C. Eurphete   Author's Homepage   Email Kani C. Eurphete   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I certainly can't say I'm excited about the whole thing. [Confused]

--------------------
"I do believe they think I am some sort of god!" (C-3PO)

Posts: 2474 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DMoney19
Loyal Member
Member # 46890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DMoney19   Email DMoney19   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he'll do fine, though I think the days of big name actors playing superheroes might be a thing of the past. Especially with guys like Andrew Garfield, Brandon Routh, Henry Cavill, Mark Ruffalo, and others might not be familiar to the general audience.
Posts: 63 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links