Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Adobe's Creative Cloud

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Adobe's Creative Cloud
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been using various Adobe suite products for more than a decade...while my last version I own is a bit old, CS4...I was a bit bummed CS6 is the last physical copy you can own.

Wondering how you more hardcore users of the product feel.

I mainly use PS and Camera RAW with Bridge...as well as Premier Pro, Encore, Audition...and some After Effects and Illustrator.

While on the surface it can be cheaper paying monthly fees...I can say I feel warm and fuzzy always requiring Internet access and if you have content stored on the cloud...if you don't pay, you loose access to your data...and who knows what they are doing with your data on their servers.

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charmingcharlie
Board Regular
Member # 47498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charmingcharlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate it because you end up paying a lot more for the same thing. Of course they argue, "but if you buy every upgrade...", except some upgrades are crap.

As for your data, I believe you'll still have access to it. Just without a subscription to the program, you can't make changes.

I've been an Adobe user since before CS--when it was just Photoshop 3.0 and Illustrator 5.5. I currently have CS 6 and I'm currently looking for adobe alternatives. I don't want to fool with CC unless I absolutely have to.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a Lightroom fan and have Photoshop 7.0 which I rarely use.

You can get Lightroom seperately from the cloud. For most everyday editing, that is not layering and stitching and all that, Lightroom is the champion with the exception of having a clone tool which can get frustrating.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured computer programs were going to move in this direction sooner or later. Video games are on the horizon too with the PSNow stuff they're just introducing.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fair Adam
Member # 13350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fair Adam   Author's Homepage   Email Fair Adam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in the same position as you, oneagain, I have a rather old version of PS, which I bought about 5 years ago. It's an educational version, so I got it for a good price, but when I bought my new computer, about 2 months ago, I found out that my version of PS is no longer supported.

I tried a few PS substitutes for a while, but I finally broke down, and I'm now paying Adobe $10 monthly for PS, and I must say that I actually like the newer version.

--------------------
I have spoken.

Fair Adam
 -

----------------------------

Instagram: @archyfair

Posts: 4873 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the CS6 suite and think I'll be sticking with it for a LONG time.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! My thread has some life back:)

I got CS4...might look into buying a copy of 6 at a reduced rate.

I like using Camera Raw...but Adobe blackmail you for newer cameras to get the newer version in order to get the proper plug-in!

Work won't spring for PS, so I've been using Gimp...not the best but better than MS Paint!

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links