Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Jury Duty

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jury Duty
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you ever served on jury duty? If so, what was the case about? If not, would you like to be on a jury in the future?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was younger and learned that the government could call on you to serve jury duty I though it was bullshit and hoped I never got called. But, now that I work standing up all day I wouldn't mind getting paid a little to sit and watch some poor sap defend himself. Could be boring as hell, but I hope I get something interesting one day.

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where I live, they only only select you for jury duty if you're registered to vote. So I just don't register to vote.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was called once for 'Jury Service' and took time off work to show up. When I did, there was excess in attendance I think maybe due to people who may not turn up. They called out the names of people actually needed and let the rest of us go. I was so relieved [Big Grin] I think there was an excess of about 12 of us and was glad for that [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All you have to do to get out of jury duty if it's a criminal case is say that you hold a cops opinion to a higher standard.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I served on a jury when I was really young fresh out of college. I was the only male on it with a bunch of middle aged and senior women which made it a bit uncomfortable. The case was a sexual abuse case of a girl of about age 12 that was allegedly molested by her step grandfather for years. Trial went for two days and had to listen to testimony from the child as well as her grandmother and other witnesses. When it came down to it there was no evidence to support the accusation other that someone's word against someone else. We sat in deliberation for hours discussing it and at the end he was found not guilty. If I had been a bit older with more life experience as I am now, I'm sure I would have swayed the other jury members and got a guilty verdict. I still think the old goat got away with it. I'm sure he's long dead now since that happened all the way back in 1990.

I've been called up two other times as well, but never sat on another jury. While sitting waiting all the cases were settled by the lawyers out of court. Just wasted half a day reading magazines.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links