Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Any thoughts on bullying in general?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any thoughts on bullying in general?
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some suicides are reported to be related to bullying.

Do you have any thoughts on bullying in general whether it be cyber, physical, psychological... etc.?

Would you have any advice you would give to a bully?

Would you have any advice to give to a bullied victim?

Maybe steps to either decrease or defuse the situation(s)?

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish schools would do more about actually helping the victims, instead of basically just standing aside.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wearing a pink tshirt doesn't do shit. Teaching kids how to properly stand up for themselves will. And no, I'm not talking about throwing a haymaker at the bully's face right off the bat but just sitting there taking it does nothing. Gotta teach kids the world isn't fair and it never will be, you will run into bullies everywhere in life, be it at school,workplace, the grocery store, a sporting event etc, so putting on a pink shirt is great to talk about and makes people feel warm and fuzzy but in all reality does nothing.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it all comes down to the parenting of both parties.

I would try to get to the root core and ask why the bully does what he does and study what made him/her that way. Maybe try to close the cycle so the bully's kid doesn't be come a bully also and try to sway him/her to be a better future parent.

As to the victim(s), I think they need a boost in self-confidence and for parent(s) nuture this behaviour from birth with other good traits like respect, compassion and empathy.

These are long term goals. Short-term fixes maybe to get a person of authority involved but again only short term. I think these other underlying factors need to be addressed.

Or in the case of that kid who body-slams the bully maybe another fix [Big Grin]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The topic of increased teenage suicides - and that these suicides are taking place at younger ages - recently came up at a conference related to my work.

The solutions offered were not particularly satisfactory to me. Nevertheless, the causes of the increase had some interesting aspects. When I grew up, there certainly was every bit as prevalent as it is now (teachers and parents did take a more active hand in the matter, though). Still, when I went home, the bullying was over for the day.

In this age of internet and social media, the bullying follows our youngsters. The bullying is relentless; the kid comes home from school, it's not over. The moment they go online, it comes up on their Facebook page or whatever media they use.

I can only imagine the enormous pressure that is heaped on a child. This may well be a large contributor to current teenage suicides.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was bullied in middle school quite a bit. At 13 I was only 4'11 and weighed about 100 lbs. I was an easy target and basically defenseless against bullies my age that were already close to 6 feet tall and outweighed me by 50 lbs at least. Lots of taunting and humiliation and some physical assaults like being hit in the back of the head walking down the hallway heading to class with no provocation.

Basically was overcome by depression and loathed going to school. Didn't have any counseling to go to or talk to even my parents about it keeping it bottled in. You feel embarrassed by it and feel at a young age that this is the way it is going to be.

This was way back around 1980 so with social media being thrown into the mix so to speak these days I can imagine how much harder it would be for kids growing up now being publicly humiliated with videos or pics shot of them and posted on YouTube or Facebook with 1000s of people taking easy shots at them. I never got to a point of wanting to kill myself though self loathing would preoccupy my mind.

For my escape I was immersed in art, music and playing D&D (Dungeons & Dragons) in all my free time.

Fast forward to today the impact bullying makes on a victim does not just go away with time. You can choose to wallow in it or if possible move on with your life in spite of it. Self confidence in myself is something that I struggle with a lot to this day as well as a pessimistic twist to almost everything. I did used to have recurring dreams of trying to defend myself against attackers with weapons like guns that always jammed, knives that couldn't pierce skin, or fists that couldn't hit the mark. Now I at least I got past that.

Suggestions are to focus on something that can build your self esteem, confidence and physical strength. For me art was always an outlet and long distance road biking.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solesearcher77
Elite Trooper
Member # 21607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solesearcher77   Email solesearcher77   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt like I got bullied. Just today. I asked a question and it got deleted. Nothing crazy either. Apparently this is a free forum where you have freedom to ask random questions. But ok. Whatever. [Cool]

--------------------
Hip Hop since 1978; Foot fetish since 1981

Posts: 382 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by solesearcher77:
I felt like I got bullied. Just today. I asked a question and it got deleted. Nothing crazy either. Apparently this is a free forum where you have freedom to ask random questions. But ok. Whatever. [Cool]

If this is in reference to your thread "Looking for an Old Thread" I simply moved it for you to the Foot Talk subsection so it would get more views as most people don't even venture into the MISC. section. I sent you a notification and even commented on the thread to bump it up for you and give you notice. [Smile]

Here it is : http://www.wusfeetlinks.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=016323

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solesearcher77
Elite Trooper
Member # 21607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solesearcher77   Email solesearcher77   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluetoelover:
quote:
Originally posted by solesearcher77:

If this is in reference to your thread "Looking for an Old Thread" I simply moved it for you to the Foot Talk subsection so it would get more views as most people don't even venture into the MISC. section. I sent you a notification and even commented on the thread to bump it up for you and give you notice. [Smile]

Here it is : http://www.wusfeetlinks.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=016323

Thanks for the switcharoo. My apologies.

--------------------
Hip Hop since 1978; Foot fetish since 1981

Posts: 382 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links