Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Chromecast

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chromecast
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just picked up chromecast 2.0 today. I bought me a cheap projector last Christmas and have already used it til the novelty wore out. Have it hooked up in my room with the dimensions at about 2 meters wide and about 1.3 meters high. Have been playing MAME, Resident Evil 4, Movies (Star Wars IV , Back to the Future...etc)and what-not on it. Just streamed some feet videos via YouTube through the chromecast device and seeing soles,toes,arches on the big screen at this size.... [Thud] MY GOSH!!! [Thud]

The mirror feature doesn't seem to be compatible with my phone but researching at the mo' if this can be corrected somehow. However, YouTube & NETFLIX seem to be A-OK for now [Hump]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What cheap projector did you buy?
Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one

At the time I bought it, it was $199 retail and about $149 (AUD) online but I couldn't wait and bought it from the local store. The price is under $100 now [Eek!] Had $100 gift from work so I only forked out $99.

The resolution is not all too great, about the same as the old CRT TV's but it's well worth the $$$ I paid for it. My walls are white and it plays nicely. @ 150 lumens (brightness scale) powerful enough to watch movies outside on those hot summer nights. Picked up a cheap blank painting canvas for $12 which passes as a good screen. The largest I could find was 1 meter X 0.75m which is still quite big and still enjoyed an outdoor/backyard experience [Hump]

Game-wise, MAME, SEGA Genesis and all other gaming emulators preceding and including the PlayStation 2 plays excellently [Thumbs Up] .... Only up until this point though. Although it has an HDMI input, PS3 games don't cut it, the resolution is too low. I'm still happy with the buy [Big Grin]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

^^ looks like the link failed.

www.jaycar.com.au/mini-a-v-projector-with-hdmi-usb-and-vga-input-150-lumens/p/AP4002

I bought it from this store which it still seems to be priced at $199. Currently Google shopping it's at $97.52

--------------------

LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Chromecast as well. It is great casting from the phone to the TV as we only stream and don't have cable TV.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links