Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Comics/Animation » Wolverine & The X-Men (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wolverine & The X-Men
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got this on Blu Ray the other day - the complete series. Although there is some liberties taken with how some of the mutants are introduced to the X-Men and such, it is a neat little cartoon. Thought the Dazzler cameo on Genosha was cool as she was doing a concert.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eff
All Pro Poster
Member # 11277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eff   Email eff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes I get irritated by how much they change the stories around in the movies and tv shows (from the comics) and that takes something away from my enjoyment because i find myself nitpicking instead of enjoying the show/movie. *shrugs*
Posts: 949 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eff,

I have had the same opinions, but I have sort of gotten over that now. Unless it is in turn making something great into a piece of crap, then I live with it as I really don't care to see the same stories twice. If all the X-Men cartoons told the stories I read, why read them? Then they're appealing only to those people who never read them, and probably didn't because they weren't into that comic or comics in general. And with as much changing of timelines, dimensions, etc. that happen in comics... LOL

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eff
All Pro Poster
Member # 11277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eff   Email eff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I'm just kinda curious how the comic lineage would transfer over to the big screen or tv....

Be kinda cool to see the original 5 x-men, then the "new x-men" (wolverinenightcrawlercolossusstormthunderbirdetc.)come into the picture and progress as a team.

I know we probably will never see it, but it would be nice. [Smile]

-----------------
as a matter of fact arent they supposed to do an xmen reboot?

[ March 27, 2011, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: eff ]

Posts: 949 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason we'll never see a show featuring the original team is because in the minds of nearly all casual fans, X-Men = Wolverine. It would definitely be a cool concept though, but I think anybody watching it would be inpatient about when Wolverine was going to show up.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

quote:
Originally posted by Salvy_Mic:
The reason we'll never see a show featuring the original team is because in the minds of nearly all casual fans, X-Men = Wolverine. It would definitely be a cool concept though, but I think anybody watching it would be inpatient about when Wolverine was going to show up.

The new X-Men first class movie will be sans Wolverine. It was built on the premise of the X-Men before Erik was Magneto and Charles was Professor X. That being said, the original X-Men consisted of Cyclops, Beast (looking like a human), Jean Grey, and Angel (not Arch Angel). But looking at this cast of characters on IMDB, I do not see a Jean Grey, but there is listings for: Mystique, Emma Frost, Havok, and Riptide. Not sure how much these characters will be involved, but in the trailer, they sure feature Mystique and Emma (maybe for sex appeal?).

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1434032665/

Patrick

--------------------
 -

eff
All Pro Poster
Member # 11277

unless i missed something, i didnt see cyclops either...
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

quote:
Originally posted by eff:
unless i missed something, i didnt see cyclops either...

Good catch. I do know that Havok is Cyclops brother, so maybe they're introducing some new back story with Havok being around first? Dunno...

Patrick

--------------------
 -

GabeM
Loyal Member
Member # 24885

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GabeM   Author's Homepage   Email GabeM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First Class seems to be putting forth some crazy new storyline that has nothing to do with any x-men origin story in any reality (alternate or otherwise)I've read about. Hate to sound like a stereotypical comic nerd, but there's a right way to spin-off your own universe, like Nolan did with Batman, and there's a stupid way, like X3's ridiculous condensed version of the Phoenix Saga. Wasn't Riptide one of the Marauders? It could turn out to be good, but I doubt it
Posts: 59 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

I am going to give it a chance. As far as comic book movies have gone, some I have liked, and some I haven't. I know a ton of people hated Elektra, but I thought it was good (not great, but good). I did think Ghost Rider was lame, especially since he did the same trick on the villian that he did to a sub par crook earlier in the movie. Really...

Patrick

P.S. And yes, X-Men 3 wasn't tops on my list either.

--------------------
 -

eff
All Pro Poster
Member # 11277

X3 should have never happened. Singer left to do Superman and the X-men crew basically tried to piece together what they could when they should have just scrapped the entire project or just did a reboot.
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

quote:
Originally posted by eff:
X3 should have never happened. Singer left to do Superman and the X-men crew basically tried to piece together what they could when they should have just scrapped the entire project or just did a reboot.

Yeah and by the looks of the reviews of Superman, Singer should have stuck with X-Men, although I didn't hate it.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

eff
All Pro Poster
Member # 11277

Looks like this new X-Men movie could be the best one yet. What do you guys think?
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think your first post in this thread explains it better than I could, eff.
Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eff
All Pro Poster
Member # 11277

Yeah and I'm sure it will still bother me too but I think this movie might have a better story than the others.

At least because of the Magneto/Prof.X relationship that has always interested me.

And I think I saw Banshee in one of the previews. I was always a fan of "Mr. Cassidy" too. [Thumbs Up]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links