Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Comics/Animation » X-Men TV Series (1990s)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: X-Men TV Series (1990s)
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picked up all the DVDs of this 1990s era X-Men cartoon series the other day at Best Buy. When I put it in, I was scared it would age like Voltron did when I bought those (I couldn't stomach more than a few episodes), but I was happy that it didn't.

By no means is this show amazing by today's standards, but to me, it is a classic like the Batman Animated series. I do think the Batman show is classic art all the way around from the art itself, to the stories, and the voice actors. While this isn't as strong, I'm still loving the hell out of it and bringing back some early teenage memories. Best thing too is that I only watched into perhaps the second season? I can't even remember. I used to be in a duckpin bowling league (if you don't know duckpins, check out the link below) that caused me to have to start missing when it was on. So now I'm catching up. LOL

Duckpin Bowling: Smaller balls and pins, three throws per frame. All pins knocked down on the third ball is a ten score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS8B59xuKz8

X-Men Animated Series Intro
http://youtu.be/sAkL2-vh2Sk

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They just don't make cartoons like they used to. Batman Animated Series was one of the best! When Spongebob first aired cartoons went downhill for me.

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paintedfeets
All Pro Poster
Member # 39500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paintedfeets   Author's Homepage   Email paintedfeets   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if Rob Liefeld drew for the animated series? [Wink]
Posts: 537 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paintedfeets:
What if Rob Liefeld drew for the animated series? [Wink]

Hmm... Not sure about that. I don't hate his art, but it isn't my favorite. I'm actually big into the artists below. I actually collect their covers, even if I'm not reading their comics.

Michael Turner - My favorite. It's sad that the industry lost such a great artist to cancer a few years ago.

-

Adam Hughes - Pretty much a cover only artist these days, but I like his style.

-

Amanda Conner - Her art on the cover of Power Girl is what got me hot and heavy back into comic books again. Love her cartoon style.

-

Greg Horn - Just started getting into his work. he did a ton of Marvel covers to the female books, most notably the Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Emma Frost, Elektra, and Mystique titles.

-

J Scott Campbell - Only grabbed a few of his covers after meeting him at comic con. Already had quite a few and just didn't realize it. Like his Grimm Fairy Tales covers and Danger Girl stuff, but he pops up all over the place on titles.

-

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigSwoll
Loyal Member
Member # 43591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigSwoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The series is also on netflix now for any of y'all who have it. I watched the Beyond Good and Evil parter last week. Gotta love Apocalypse's Connery-esque voice
Posts: 61 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

I just finished this series on Tuesday night, all five volumes. The last disk of the final volume has updated art and a few voices seem to be changed - most notably, the two who were the best, Rogue and Gambit.

I liked the series overall, even watching it today. I also watched all of the short lived Wolverine and the X-Men series and now want to see if X-Men Evolution is on series DVD yet.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links