Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Gaming Zone » L.A. Noire

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: L.A. Noire
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got it, been playing it, and have been liking it. Anyone else give this a whirl?

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to...but like fuck am I paying the full, new retail price for it [Wink]

I'll wait like a year and get it second hand...which reminds me: I need to buy Red Dead Redemption [Tongue]

About L.A Noir though, it really is reminiscent of a game, Mafia...and that game was fucking epic, Can't wait to play it xD

-

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have about 2 cases left according to my stats page [Big Grin] Then I'm going to run back through and complete everything else [Smile] Game is AWESOME! I rented it though for 7 days...10 bucks beats spending $80. Figured I would have it done within a week or so anyways so might as well just rent it...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ljjnico
All Pro Poster
Member # 15015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ljjnico   Email ljjnico   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Got it, been playing it, and have been liking it. Anyone else give this a whirl?

Patrick

Yep, love it! Plus hooked on other great games such as Borderlands, Mass Effect 2, Bulletstorm and WWE All Stars.

--------------------
I'm the foot fuckin' master! Soles RULE and FM Concepts ROCK!

Posts: 536 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calum1577
Major Player
Member # 3038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calum1577     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the onl one who finds it a bit repetitive? I'd have liked the option to ask your own questions/responses when someone says something rather than the truth/lie/doubt option. Still a decent game but not sure it's as "Awesome mega epic!!!" as most people are making out.
Posts: 142 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Calum1577:
Am I the onl one who finds it a bit repetitive? I'd have liked the option to ask your own questions/responses when someone says something rather than the truth/lie/doubt option. Still a decent game but not sure it's as "Awesome mega epic!!!" as most people are making out.

I hear ya and understand. Most games are repeatitive to be honest. What makes them great is if you don't find yourself finding it so. I think this game makes it easier to do so because there is a lot more thinking involved. Now if you had to...

- jump on turtle shells (Mario)
- save the princess 40 times (Zelda & Mario)
- shoot zombies (Resident Evil)
- score touchdowns/kick field goals (Madden)
- steal cars and shoot people (GTA)
- hack and slash everything (God of War)
- go for headshots (Call of Duty)

or do anything over and over again that is in any of those hit games... LOL. Yeah, that was a bit of sarcasm, sorry.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

^lol so true. I was hooked though. Only rented it and FINALLY "wrapped" it on the 7th day of the rental. Liked the story too.
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

quote:
Originally posted by bluetoelover:
^lol so true. I was hooked though. Only rented it and FINALLY "wrapped" it on the 7th day of the rental. Liked the story too.

Well, I preordered mine and got bonus DLC that I haven't yet been able to download due to the amazing PS Store being down all this time.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Calum1577
Major Player
Member # 3038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calum1577     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not been on in a while so sorry for late reply.

Patrick I think your 100% spot on mate. I felt a bit like I knew what was coming and was doing the same thing so I left it for a day or 2. Now I am back at it & getting more into it i don't feel like it's repetitive now. I am really enjoying it. Must admit though that I suck at interogation.

Posts: 142 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

quote:

Patrick I think your 100% spot on mate. I felt a bit like I knew what was coming and was doing the same thing so I left it for a day or 2. Now I am back at it & getting more into it i don't feel like it's repetitive now. I am really enjoying it. Must admit though that I suck at interogation.

I won't lie, some of my interrogations have gone so bad that I redid the cases to get a higher score. I just collected all the badges in my DLC content mission and did the extra traffic case mission too that I got for preordering (now that the PS Store is back online). I also need like 20 more cars to get them all. Got a bunch of suits collected as well. One thing I also enjoy is responding to the street crimes. Just started the Vice desk yesterday and have a DLC case for that as well to do.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Jon24
Loyal Member
Member # 40295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long is this game? I was thinking about buying it but I don't want to buy a game that I can beat in a day or less than a week.
Posts: 99 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

^^ Defintely worth a buy...don't know how much time you have on your hands but I'd put about anywhere from 1 to 3 hours an evening for 7 days( I rented it) and I just BARELY beat it. But there was so much stuff I didn't even do..side missions,hidden cars,landmarks discovered etc. I highly recommend buying it man [Smile]
Paranoiavii
Board Regular
Member # 9882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paranoiavii   Email Paranoiavii   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zero Punctuation had my feelings on this one down perfectly. Especially the part about the glasses.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/3347-L-A-Noire

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
devoted foot slave
Board Regular
Member # 42697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for devoted foot slave   Email devoted foot slave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
quote:

I won't lie, some of my interrogations have gone so bad that I redid the cases to get a higher score. I just collected all the badges in my DLC content mission and did the extra traffic case mission too that I got for preordering (now that the PS Store is back online). I also need like 20 more cars to get them all. Got a bunch of suits collected as well. One thing I also enjoy is responding to the street crimes. Just started the Vice desk yesterday and have a DLC case for that as well to do.

Patrick

i just did what my gut said in interrogation. fucked up a few, but said screw it and got on with the game.
once i beat it, i got tips form the internet and redid cases for 100% completion

--------------------
yes mistress

Posts: 14 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links