Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Gaming Zone » Hidden arcade gems on MAME

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hidden arcade gems on MAME
Higashi
Loyal Member
Member # 7198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Higashi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings, fellow gamers. One of the great things I love about MAME is finding awesome, yet obscure games that haven't seen the light of day for years. Many of these games can't be found on home consoles, so the only way to play them is through MAME. Here are some of my favorite hidden MAME gems that you should definitely give a try:

Knights of Valour (IGS) - An excellent beat em' up by Taiwanese game company IGS. It's based on the classic Chinese novel "Romance of the Three Kingdoms". Surprisingly deep game with plenty of special moves, combos, and items.

-
 -

Avenging Spirit (Jaleco) - I thought the concept for this platformer was pretty cool and original. You play as a ghost who can possess enemies and use their abilities to take down the baddies. You can possess different enemies to use different abilities such as fireballs, lasers, and so on.

-
 -

1944: The Loop Master (Capcom) - One of my favorite vertical shooter games. In addition to your standard gun and bombs, you also have a chargeable laser attack that can decimate pretty much everything in your path. A must-try if you're into shooting games.

-
 -

What about you guys? Do you have any favorite obscure arcade gems to share?

Posts: 91 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Higashi
Loyal Member
Member # 7198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Higashi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Continuing from my last post:

Sengoku 3 (SNK) - Another great beat em' up by SNK. It's a fantastic-looking game, and the gameplay is well done. You can pull off 100-hit combos fairly easily with some practice. Oh, and since this is a foot forum, I'm obligated to reveal that one of the female characters fights barefoot [Big Grin]

-
 -

Fatal Fury series (SNK) - I think this entire series (along with the rest of SNK's fighting games) is vastly underrated. Vivid, colorful graphics, fun characters, and solid gameplay make the Fatal Fury series one of my favorite fighting game franchises. Mai Shiranui fights barefoot as well [Big Grin]

-
 -
 -

Posts: 91 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links