Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Gaming Zone » disappointed feet in games

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: disappointed feet in games
Alcarde
Major Player
Member # 44028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alcarde   Author's Homepage   Email Alcarde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder why game designers go through trouble to make characters' hands and fingers look so detailed but them their feet and toes look like crap. You know, in Skyrim, the hands and fingers can do so much movement; whether you are casting spells or holding an item. But as soon as you loot some foot covering from a female bandit, they have feet that resemble blocks meshed together. I just wish someone would make like a "pretty feet" mod or something like that.

I remember even demo'ing a Japanese game where you took pictures of girls on a beach. You could aim the camera anywhere and even zoom in. There was so much detail on every part of these bikini-clad girls, except the feet. Why is that?

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/alcarde

98% of people think its cool to put a statistic in their sig. If you're one of the 2% that.. Wait, shit.

Posts: 239 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed this as well, and I believe it's because most people don't look at feet like that; there's not too much focus on them, especially since most characters have them covered anyway. Meanwhile hands are pretty prominent in most games, and there's more pressure to make them look detailed as opposed to feet.

I can name a few games that DO have detailed feet, though: Mr. Mosquito, Dead or Alive, Street Fighter 4 series, Tekken 6.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kingler
Major Player
Member # 40920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh glad to know I'm not the only person who did that in Skyrim!

I guess it's just wasted resources. Bear in mind it was only this current gaming gen that introduced individual fingers. Say you have 10 characters on screen at once, 10x10x50 (polygons) is an awful lot. 10x20x50 is even more. Plus hands are a lot more emotive than feet. You don't need detailed feet in games.

Give it a generation.

(this is my industry too)

Posts: 219 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcarde
Major Player
Member # 44028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alcarde   Author's Homepage   Email Alcarde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, so Kingler, I guess you play Skyrim then...

Imagine if there was a mod or something where the same work and detail and movement that went into the fingers and hands when a spell is ready, could be used to see a pair of female feet in game wiggle and relax. Or just look nice.

There is need for this, considering that people get off on the way characters look in WOW, and even how night elves dance. I know that there are whole groups dedicated to how people 'like' these characters in games. So, why am I different for just wanting some sexy feet in the game?

For non Skyrim people, in the game, say that there are about 200 books, each of these books are fully written as they have at least 20-30 pages of written text with that title. So, a book on trolls, written by joe nord, has 20 pages of troll information, which you can read and see in game. It may be just me but I'd garner that there are more people interested in feet than people who would go through their time and read each and every word in all of the in-game books.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/alcarde

98% of people think its cool to put a statistic in their sig. If you're one of the 2% that.. Wait, shit.

Posts: 239 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kingler
Major Player
Member # 40920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The number is very small. I'm not going to give out the name of my employer but we have commissioned studies into things like this before. A LOT of research goes into the psychological profiles of female characters in most games. Guys are simple to work out, women aren't. Plus you can interest a whole market on the personality of a female lead.

The Skyrim books are very popular. There are torrents and sites that host the books online, people have converted them to PDF and TXT. I don't see massive collections of hands or breasts.

What I do see is fan art. But never screenshots.

But as I said. Feet aren't important. They are to you, but my example above mentioned 5000 polygons for a small collection of people. Can you imagine the strain of processing so much for so little reward? You've already raised the minimum spec just to show a person relaxing.
(Besides even the hands and other emotive outlets in Skyrim aren't that advanced, L.A. Noire almost gets it right but it's still hardcoded expressions, so there isn't much to play around with)

Posts: 219 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links