Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Gaming Zone » Star Wars: The Old Republic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Used to be addicted to World of Warcraft for 5-plus years and have been "clean" for almost 2. But I just bought Star Wars: The Old Republic and I am really liking it so far. Anyone else playing?

I have a Sith Warrior on the Keeteal server named "Nef."

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine got it a few weeks ago and he dropped Skyrim in favor of playing it.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone else is playing, my character names are Nef, Bes & Cleo on the Sith side of the server Keeteal. I'm not guilded, but if anyone wants to play, we could always make a "Foot Clan." LOL

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are the system requirements to play this game?

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18302 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nemesistoez
Board Regular
Member # 42983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nemesistoez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I played since beta, got to 50..decked my guy out with the flashpoint gear. I'm just over all the MMO's right now they all the same.

When you get to that end point your like "ehh, here we go again"

It really is a cool game tho, bioware did a great job, just don't have time for them anymore :<

Posts: 19 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

quote:
Originally posted by Wrinklesguy:
What are the system requirements to play this game?

This is the MINIMUM requirements listed on the game's web site - which I'd caution using as with WoW, I found minimum requirements are okay for the launch, but as updates/expansions are added, they tend to be raised.

Minimum Specs

Operating System

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic ™ can be played on Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.

Computer

Your computer should have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better, and an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better.

RAM

Your computer's RAM should be as follows: for Windows XP: 1.5GB, and for Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB. For PCs using a built-in graphical chipset, 2GB RAM recommended.

Video

Your computer's graphics card should be ATI X1800 or better, nVidia 7800 or better, or Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

quote:
Originally posted by nemesistoez:
I played since beta, got to 50..decked my guy out with the flashpoint gear. I'm just over all the MMO's right now they all the same.

When you get to that end point your like "ehh, here we go again"

It really is a cool game tho, bioware did a great job, just don't have time for them anymore :<

I haven't done any of that. I got my Maurader to 50, my Sniper is 23 and my Sorcerer is 22. I've been enjoying the storylines and practically playing it as a solo adventure. My server has light population anyhow, so it's not the easiest thing to get groups going.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, not that I would get into a huge game like that or have the spare time to play it just saw some previews it looked kinda cool. I guess with an AMD Quad-Core processor, 6 gb ram,2.10 ghz, and Nvidia G-Force GTS-250 graphics card it should run ok eh? I know Battlefield 3 is out of the question.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18302 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

I'd think with a quad core you'd be fine. I'm not sure what the good graphics cards are without looking them up on online charts, but you'll need a good one without a doubt.

I'll tell you what though, although this game is billed as an MMPORG, it plays just fine as a solo adventure through the complete storyline for each class I've played. To be honest, I don't even group up that much, if at all. The stories in this game are along the lines of the XBOX/PC Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect games.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Apparently subscriptions to this game are down. Like 25% of the subscriptions have left the game over the months. The solo play on the game and the story are second to none. Where the game lacks, however, is the grouping ability. First, many servers are WAY under populated so not too many people are on. And even if they are, the looking for group ability in the game is virtually non-existent. Sad really because so many elements of this game were perfect or near it. To have something perfected in other games ages ago to not even be included in this one is beyond me. I just cancelled my subscription yesterday since I haven't played in like 2 months.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links