Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Gaming Zone » Anyone Have Anything Pre-Ordered?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone Have Anything Pre-Ordered?
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't usually pre-order much stuff, but I've used up some Gamestop credits I had and just paid off three upcoming games. I have the following 3 on pre-order:

- Tomb Raider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFBrgeSjj-0

- God of War: Ascension
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsWGr-LshlQ

- Injustice: Gods Among Us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWWIL6GWvzU

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stopped pre-ordering back when the PS2 first came out. I put money down on the PS2 2 months before it came out. A week before it came out, I had to leave for a little over a week for military training. I came back to pick up my PS2 and the store gave it away. I was pissed. I asked the guy, what's the point of putting money down so you can hold it if you're still gonaa give it away? He said it was a first come first serve. I got my money back and never bought from that store again.

There are a few games that I get excited for and buy on the day it releases, but I never had a problem getting the game as there is always enough and the store never runs out.

I am interested in the new Tomb Raider and will be getting the new God of War next month.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since my roommate works at Target and gets employees discounts, we rarely have to pre-order anything. About the only thing I've pre-ordered recently is maybe a collector's edition of something I've been especially looking forward to, in particular Mass Effect 3, Arkham City, and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rarely pre-order either, but I had a bunch of store credit and I wanted the bonuses and the statue (Injustice). Other than that, I've been grabbing older games on the cheap that I never played.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The following, by release date:
-Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (3DS, 2/26/13)
-Pandora's Tower (Wii, 3/26/13)
-Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS, 4/16/13)

I preorder often on Amazon, and with the exception of Fire Emblem: Awakening (which was a shipping error on Nintendo's part), they all have arrived within a day of their release.

...I do need to get around to preordering Pokemon Y, though.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elzbennet
Feature Foot Model
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elzbennet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isnīt it better to wait a few months and pay a LOT less for the games? I donīt know how that credit thing works, i use PC not game consoles. But prices are so high, particulary in console gaming. Although pre-order is a bit cheaper, I still find it excessive. I recently bought Fallout New Vegas for Ģ5! In this cases, patience is a virtue and iīd rather wait!

--------------------
Elz

Posts: 937 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

quote:
Originally posted by Elzbennet:
Isnīt it better to wait a few months and pay a LOT less for the games? I donīt know how that credit thing works, i use PC not game consoles. But prices are so high, particulary in console gaming. Although pre-order is a bit cheaper, I still find it excessive. I recently bought Fallout New Vegas for Ģ5! In this cases, patience is a virtue and iīd rather wait!

Same could be said for almost anything in life. Wait longer for a car, then the model is cheaper because the new one is coming. A TV? Same. It depends on what you like to do and how much you put into it. For me, I've been waiting for Tomb Raider to come out and I picked it up after work on the first day. I've been playing it EVERY day since. I love it so much, so waiting and waiting would only serve me to not care as much.

I do, however, buy games that I'm not, or wasn't super interested in much later. For instance, I did that with Red Dead Redemption. It looked kinda cool, but it wasn't something I was waiting for. I got it for $17 with the Undead Nightmare too. Money well spent, but I feel $60 for Tomb Raider has been too.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Lordsoysauce
Major Player
Member # 2193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lordsoysauce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elzbennet:

It largely depends on the type of game. It's not uncommon to see big-name shooters in the bargain bin six months down the line, usually because they are printed in such large quantities that they need to sell off the overstock. I almost never early-adopt because of this. As much as I want to get Bioshock Infinite on day one, I know it's going to be one of those games that will be half price by the summer.

But for some genres, it's usually recommended that you pre-order. Japanese RPGs are a prime example of this, as they have very limited print runs due to their smaller audience. They are very slow to drop in price and, more often than not, eventually become collector's items.

Posts: 242 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the games I preorder are niche games that will likely become rare (and expensive) down the line if I don't secure my copy early.

Plus, if everyone waited to buy a game until its price dropped, then a lot of game series would be killed off.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

I wish I had been into Metroid sooner. That Metroid Trilogy that came in the metal box that did the Wii re-releases with Wii remote & widescreen changes to the Metroid Prime games from Gamecube goes for $300 or more on eBay now.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links