Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Gaming Zone » Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The game, which was announced back in 2011, was finally shown off at this past E3.

Launch date: 2014
Site: http://www.smashbros.com/us/
Developers: Sora, Namco-Bandai
Publisher: Nintendo

CONFIRMED CHARACTERS
Veterans: Mario, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Pit
Newcomers: Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man

DETAILS
-Releasing simultaneously on the Wii U and 3DS (but we already knew that).
-The two will have the same library of characters but different stages.
-The models in the 3DS version are also slightly cel-shaded and have black outlines; according to Sakurai, this is to make the characters easier to see on the 3DS' smaller screen.
-By contrast, on the Wii U version, the models are more cartoony and less detailed than they were in Melee and Brawl. However, the HD makes the game's bright colors look great.
-Gameplay is to be between Melee's fast-paced action and Brawl's more casual approach.
-Changes to past characters: Samus is modeled after her Other M appearance; Pit has new moves based on his weapons in Kid Icarus: Uprising; Bowser has a more upright stance and is a bit faster.
-It was said that the 3DS version will focus more on single player and online play, while the Wii U version will focus more on local multiplayer (that is not to say that the Wii U version won't have online play).
-In a past interview, Sakurai mentioned that the roster size may have reached its limit with Brawl, and he may instead focus on other aspects of the game in the new entry(ies).

VIDEOS
Reveal trailer, featuring the Animal Crossing Villager
Mega Man promo
Wii Fit Trainer promo
Developer interview, going into the mechanics and showing off the above three characters

This game is already looking great. I am SO happy that Megaman is finally in Smash Bros., after being shafted in Brawl. And while at first I was skeptical of her, I am really starting to like Wii Fit Trainer more and more. Plus, she's a barefoot fighter (since her line of work requires it), so that's a win for us here (too bad she is literally white as snow, but I'm sure there will be an alternate color for her that gives her flesh-colored skin and brown hair).

There's also a rumor (the same rumor that correctly predicted the three newcomers above before they were revealed) that Little Mac from Punch Out!!, the player's Mii, and Pac-Man will also be in the game. Not as excited for the last two, but Little Mac is well-deserving is that is true.

[ June 15, 2013, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Rider Aldebaran ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links