Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Gaming Zone » Nintendo 3DS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I've NEVER been one for handheld gaming, but I recently went and bought one of the Nintendo 3DS XLs and was very weary. I've had a few handhelds in the past, but never really took to them. But with Zelda titles exclusive to this system, I decided to take the plunge.

So far, I've really loved this system. I thought the 3D was a gimmick when I played demos in the store, but it isn't half bad. I do turn it off sometimes, however. And I'm glad it plays all the regular Nintendo DS titles too. I had bought the Zelda Limited Edition DS system off of eBay years ago to play Phantom Hourglass. And recently I grabbed Spirit Tracks on the cheap too.

As soon as I hit the Nintendo eShop, I bought the following Zelda titles: Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: Adventure of Link, Link's Awakening DX, Oracle of Ages, and Oracle of Seasons - plus a few others. I already own all of them, but I don't feel like having to switch back and forth between systems to play the other games and they weren't expensive to download.

Nintendo also announced a new 3DS Zelda title that is going to be based off of the gameplay and graphic style of Link to the Past from Super Nintendo. That was one of my all time favorite games, so that was also a big hook.

So, anyone else like the 3DS? I also bought Luigi's Mansion 2 as I loved the first one on the Gamecube. Haven't played it yet though.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2swift
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2swift   Email 2swift   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son has the 3DS, first edition console. He received it for Christmas two years ago, and he loves it. Like you, I was never much for hand held units...always preferring my console deck. After seeing him use it, and all the added features on it...it really is impressive. The graphics are great, and the access he has to download titles and bonus content are great for him.

I was impressed by it, game titles, and it's online features are very impressive. He does turn off the 3D aspect as he says it hurts his eyes, but I do think the 3D display is sharp, and looks great.

The next game my son wishes to buy is the Mario and Luigi Dream Team. He is very excited about playing it.

As for me, I'll stick with my PS3.

Regards,
2swift

Posts: 2141 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a 3DS, and it is currently one of my favorite gaming platforms. It's not only BC with the DS's great library, but it has it's own expanding library of great games.

Here's what I have, physical-wise (the ones with the asterisks are the ones that I'd personally recommend for all 3DS owners):
Super Mario 3D Land*
Mario Kart 7
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team*
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D*
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Fire Emblem: Awakening*
Kid Icarus: Uprising*
Animal Crossing: New Leaf*
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked*
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Shin Megami Tensei IV*
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
Code of Princess

In addition, I have Pokemon Y and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds preordered.

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Nintendo also announced a new 3DS Zelda title that is going to be based off of the gameplay and graphic style of Link to the Past from Super Nintendo. That was one of my all time favorite games, so that was also a big hook.

It's not just that; it's a full-on sequel to A Link to the Past, taking place in the same world but some time after.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rider,

All I have in physical form right now is Zelda; Ocarina of Time 3D and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. I haven't played Luigi's Mansion yet because I've been enjoying the hell out of playing Ocarina again. I've been so against Nintendo doing remakes, but man is this good! I can't wait for Zelda: A Link Between Worlds to come out!!!

In addition to those games I also picked up a few regular DS titles. I already owned the Zelda collectors edition of a DS Lite, but I honestly didn't play it much. So I still have to go back and beat Phantom Hourglass. But I picked up Spirit Tracks and Metroid Prime Hunters for the cheap on eBay.

Furthermore, I just got my Nintendo Wii U because they put out the Zelda collector's edition with the HD remake of Windwaker. Can't wait to give that a whirl. That system has been a pleasant surprise and flew under my radar as I wrote it off as a joke.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JasmineLover24
Board Regular
Member # 46780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JasmineLover24   Email JasmineLover24   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a 3DS Owner, I'm trying to get back some of the games for it that I used to have since I was in a financial issue with money to help out.

After taking care of some numbers, I upgraded to a 3DS XL, and my goodness I love it, makes the games pop-out way better, plus longer battery life.

Currently I have: Poke'Mon Y Version, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone, and Project X Zone (Limited Edition).

My next target for 3DS Titles is Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footlover728
Board Regular
Member # 45413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footlover728   Email footlover728   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just upgrading my 3ds to an xl today can't wait haha. Next month its windwaker for the Wii u and a link between world's on the 3ds good times !!
Posts: 26 | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kingler
Major Player
Member # 40920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a 3DS, made a few games for it too [Smile]

Fave games;
Anything Nintendo. Zelda Ocarina of Time*, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Mario 3D Land*, New Mario 2, Fire Emblem*, Pokemon*

(starred what I considered the best)
I love that system. If you delve further into the DS library then good luck with your spare time - there is a whole load of incredible games on that system.

The only thing the 3DS needs is GBA compatibility through the eShop. Nintendo always hit it out the park with their handheld systems, and the GBA, DS and 3DS have incredible libraries.

Posts: 219 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footlover728
Board Regular
Member # 45413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footlover728   Email footlover728   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey anyone got the new pokemon ? Send us your friend code if so !
Posts: 26 | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links