Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Movies/Television » Do you prefer watching a movie in 3D over 2D?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you prefer watching a movie in 3D over 2D?
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would you rather watch a movie in 3D (when available) over 2D?

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me, 3D is more of a novelty that has personally worn off its effectiveness. Even if 3D is available at the cinema, I'd watch it in 2D. Example, saw Jurassic World yesterday in 2D. Awesome movie. Storyline is pretty straight forward but the action packed special effects is excellent along with tension spikes at the right moments. Wasn't keen on the 3D version. There we're a lot more 2D sessions available about 3-to-1.

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the animated movies are better for the 3D action. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 wasn't bad in 3D but 2D prices are better as well.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Last movie I saw was the 're-release of Finding Nemo a few years ago. Honestly it was the first time I saw it even though it's original release was about 10yrs prior. I watched Avatar in 3D via IMAX when that was released a while ago, that was pretty cool as I recall.

quote:
Originally posted by Cain:
...2D prices are better as well.

I know what you mean about prices, it's significantly higher and then you still gotta pay a little extra for the glasses too [Eek!]

--------------------

LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't enjoy seeing 3D movies. The picture quality isn't as good seeming a bit in the shadows due to the glasses. It also messes with my eyes wearing the glasses for a couple of hours in a darkened theater. I suppose if I enjoyed action movies and CGI shitfests I would be more prone to liking 3D movie. I prefer seeing those boring old person movies that are bigger on dialogue and story line than all the superheroes leaping about in capes, tights and non stop explosions.

Now get off my lawn...

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen a 3d movie that stood out to me. I already have to wear glasses, don't want another set on my face. Makes it hard to focus. I played a Call of Duty game in 3d once. That was awful! Gave me a headache. I look forward to the day we all have virtual reality though, granted that doesn't give headaches too.

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'll preface this by mentioning that my history takes me back to the 3-D movies where one wore the specs with the red/blue lenses. Honestly, the effect actually worked, MAYBE, once or twice during the whole flick; it was pretty awful and useless. This is not to mention how alien everyone in the theater looked - save for those who refused to wear the filters and were killing the dialogue by repeating, "what the fu*k is going on?".

I've only seen the remake of "Godzilla" in the current 3D. I spent 2+ hours quietly saying "Wooooow!!!" With digital, the technology has come amazingly far. Perfect?...certainly not; the whole movie seemed a little dark but the 3D effect was always visible but not intrusive (I am aware that the effects were intended to be seen in 3D but I didn't get the feeling that I was being forced to be aware of the effect).

All that said, it was only one experience and a new one for an older guy, at that. I've recommended to my contemporaries that they go try a 3D movie just to see how well our perceptions can be fooled.

Finally, I didn't feel burdened by the glasses even-though I wear glasses; oh sure, wearing 2 pairs was a bit awkward but nothing that was inconvenient.

I agree with L.D., as I like movies that are more substantial in plot & dialog and wouldn't need - or even want 3D. Still, a little action, a little amazement, these are welcome, as well.

I'm sorry that I missed "Maleficent" in 3D but it was still a great story that I have wanted to see completed since I was 5 or 6.

I look forward to seeing another flick in 3D but I expect I'll enjoy a bunch of them in 2D.

As is not unusual, I go on too long.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the 1980s they tried to bring back 3D for a split second. I remember seeing Jaws 3D in the theater. It was a steaming pile of fly circling shit. The original House of Wax movie with Vincent Price was also shown again around that time in the theaters too.

The most recent 3D movie I saw was a few years ago which was the Depp "Alice in Wonderland." None since.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links