Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » How did we get our foot fetishes? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: How did we get our foot fetishes?
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's God showing off a great sense of humor ;o)
No I agree, I think it has to do with imprinting at some point. There has to be a commonality that we all shared when we were young. I can't think of it though. I do suspect though that our mothers , or some other female figure in our early lives influenced this.

I do have this evidence though. When pretty female feet are around me (ie my lap) I relax. After a gruelng day of trying to conquer the world a pair of feet in my lap totally cools me down. Perhaps as a toddler after exploring the world i'd go bother mom but she had little time for me so I hung out by her feet. Her company soothed me after getting a booboo or something and I associated her feet with relaxation. Later sexual arousal. Same thing with breast. Baby is hungry, and breast calms him down. Later in life though is sex associated with breast. Just a thought.
GQguy

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scrunchlover
All Pro Poster
Member # 21542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scrunchlover   Email scrunchlover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although we not be born with it, I think it's possible to be genetically predisposed to it. I know with me, I've been liking feet ever since I could remember. One of my earliest memories, is a woman with vinegary smelling feet, kneeling under the bed to get something. Her soles were so thick and meaty, and wrinkly! I fell in love with that.

--------------------
Just because you're "popular", doesn't mean I have to like you.

Posts: 782 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So Hal, did yours develop in the early stages of life by any certain incident or just come to the realization later on just by accident?
I´ve had my fetish as long as I can remember.

What I was trying to say was that you can basically develop (for example) a spanking fetish without necessarily ever having been spanked in your entire life. There are numerous reasons and explainations why our brain makes us develop fetishes. I agree that it probably has something to do with conditioning or imprinting at a very early childhood level. But the child may have experienced or witnessed something totally different to what it will then sexually desire in the end. A traumatic event in your early childhood can basically cause a fetish...for example very early toilet training can cause a child to later develop a SM or bondage fetish (no joke!). This child never saw any tied up women in it`s early childhood, nor did it necessarily come in contact with rubber or latex. It seems that the fetish is a substitute for something else that was missing in your earliest childhood.
So I think some of us may have developed a liking for feet without actually having come in direct contact or having had any active experiences with feet. Our brain just makes us love feet for some other complex reasons (traumatic experience on another level? Or maybe a small neurological misfunction of the brain?). In other cases it may make the person love BDSM, hair, balloons, arm-pits or God knows what other fetishes there are.

For some further reading:

http://deviantdesires.com/faq/cause.html

http://www.nospank.net/dugan2.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_fetishism

http://podiatry.curtin.edu.au/fetish.html

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably the greatest mystery we all face huh?

Maybe some day some world reknowned psychologist will study this in depth and give us some better theories...

As Ledaemon and Hal have debated, I think it can happen in more than one way. It can be a result of life experience(s) or it could be another type of psychological quirk or brain development or non-development. (and please understand that I'm not couching non-development in a negative light- simply that it's possible some part of our brain's dont; develop or develop differently than other's)

Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't know. probably middle school. i was awkward then, so i had NO fucking clue. it's gotten worse as i've gotten older
Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
octoberbaseball
Hall Of Famer
Member # 20977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for octoberbaseball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Define worse do you not want to have a foot fetish? Bad experiences?
Posts: 2004 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sprd'em
Loyal Member
Member # 25391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sprd'em   Email sprd'em   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alot of interesting answers,
i've had mine since as far back as i can remember. I can recall way back to when i was toddler and the sitter used to put me at her feet and i would play with her toes and she would keep me occupied that way and knowing that that would keep me busy/calm. U know... i was always in plain sight for her to keep track of me.....i guess. Too boot she has nice feet. The rest is History
I believe most must be imprinted at an early age at some point. It's hard to say for the much later in life ones though. You'd think they would've brushed by them somehow and just never thought of it????

Posts: 88 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigprojectionist
Board Regular
Member # 14748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigprojectionist   Email bigprojectionist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember once in school (around the age of 5) the teachers made a big deal about a boy and girl who took their shoes off and walked around barefoot holding hands during recess, and how horribly bad that was, and to never do it. I'm not sure why they were really making the big fuss, but the fact that being barefoot was a "bad thing" intrigued me. Thus it began.
Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sprd'em
Loyal Member
Member # 25391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sprd'em   Email sprd'em   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting I can't seem to understand why that would b such a terrible thing. I would almost think holding hands would b worse at that age...curious huh
Posts: 88 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigprojectionist
Board Regular
Member # 14748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigprojectionist   Email bigprojectionist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I probably misunderstood them at that age, or at least what they were trying to emphasize as "bad". Not that I'm complaining.
Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footjoyboy   Email footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see why many say you're not born with it. The pheremones produced by the female (in this case) foot scent (if any is present) have natural connecters in our brains. A natural irresistible aphrodisiac, if you will.
To me, one is born with those connectors; wether they become developed or not is the difference.

And p.s.: Let's stop talking about our gift as a birth defect.
[Cheers]

footjoyboy

--------------------
https://pixady.com/image/0893/

Posts: 5992 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bootman
All Pro Poster
Member # 1280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bootman   Email Bootman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can still remember being less than 5 and playin with cousin's feet, mainly my older ones all female of course. Usually when they were over to baby sit me, or to just hang out or spend the nite, i always did. And even since then i liked the smell of them. Not sure how or why, but bare female feet always turned me on, no other things i could remember and i always brought on the playing with girls feet. all the time, never anybody else that i can ever remember provoking me to do it but my own will and want to.

OF course that kind of stuff stopped (with cousins) by the time i was about 8 and then it was just kind of hidden in me until i hit puberty and found the internet, my first girlfriend, and since then i've never held it from anybody, any girl i've dated, or any of my close friends. I LOVE IT.

Nothing imprinted it in me, nobody forced it on me, and i doubt that i've lacked some mental development, but it's not entirely impossible, and who knows, it could be that or any other something in our brain. I really don't know, but i know i was born this way, or i developed the interest on my own. But feet aint the only thing i like to smell, but of course the only body part i do. I love the smell of paper, fresh from the printer or from a new package of paper, and random other smells that normal objects have. I wander if anybody else is like that, or if it has anything to do with my fetish for feet, or the like of sniffing? Man that's a long winded and semi-weird post.

--------------------
I've got a fetish for sexy female feet. Everybody knows. I love it.

Posts: 675 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
octoberbaseball
Hall Of Famer
Member # 20977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for octoberbaseball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This could make for a good psychological experiment but would it be right to do on a human. Take 2 babies have one be exposed to a barefoot caretaker who plays with and rests on the caretaker's toes and feet. The other will be with a caretaker who wears shoes and socks at all times not being exposed. Wonder if this would show anything. Maybe a negative, because if all siblings are treated equal then 3 brothers could have foot fetishes and not just one.
Posts: 2004 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightbird77
Loyal Member
Member # 13561

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightbird77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had mine ever since I can remember. But I don't remember ever having an event that sparked my foot fetish into exsistance, I've just always had it.

I've read a few reports by psychologists on the subject of foot fetishes. One report suggested that a foot fetish (which is most common in men) developed due to a form of sexual repression. Since a young man might have been scolded for looking at a woman's breast his brain would choose an alternative/innocent body part to fixate on, i.e. feet.

With that in mind the report also mentioned the effect of a fetish on the male brain which compaired it to popping the clutch into second gear. Normal sexual arousal takes place in stages. A fetish acts on the brain by going from step one (arousal) to step five (orgasm)! Which is why some men with fetishs can have an orgasm without any physical contact.

Posts: 58 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
One report suggested that a foot fetish (which is most common in men) developed due to a form of sexual repression. Since a young man might have been scolded for looking at a woman's breast his brain would choose an alternative/innocent body part to fixate on, i.e. feet.

Yes, I´ve also read this somewhere...but it was about a guy who has a leg fetish.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links