Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » HEAVY METAL (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: HEAVY METAL
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting thread! I'm a very much old school metal fan, but the bands I like are Maiden, Metallica (pre-suck 90's) Sabbath, Megadeth, Slayer, etc. I never understood the glam-hair metal that was on the total other side of that spectrum though.

Someone mentioned Pantera in their early days. Believe it or not they were the house band at a small dive club close to where I live called "Joe's Garage." They played that joint every Friday night while I was in high school. I remember this one guy I was in school with had the band come over to his house to party after one of their shows. Mind you, this was before they became popular back in the early to mid 80's when Pantera themselves looked like a bunch of skinny high school punk kids!

I've seen Maiden about 6 times now. First time around was '86 for Somewhere in Time tour and then most recently for the tour mentioned with Motorhead and Dio.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neo
Elite Trooper
Member # 1891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neo   Email Neo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As music evolved, so have some of the classifications. Heavy Metal is a broad word now for many bands. Seems that Old School is the default definition of Heavy metal. Now we have things like Straight edge, Grind core, hard core and so on. Slayer has been kicking ass for many years now and they havent slowed down a bit.
I am 34 and have been a concert junkie for over 20 years. Seen more bands than I can remember. Some I have met and wished that I never had. My mental picture of them was far nicer than the assholes some of them turned out to be.
I hate to say this, but, the true, pure, good shit is gone and dead! I saw Pantera in NYC, winter of 94`, and that was THE LAST pure show and moshing. It was already getting ruined by the young meatheads who thought moshing was meant to be violent. Ignorance that leads violence. No matter what band you may speak of, if they are heavy, they grew up and were influenced by BLACK SABBATH. Ozzy Sabbath of course. Judas Priest was Metal back then, EYEHATEGOD is metal now.
Oh, and before I go any further, RAP HAS NO PLACE IN METAL! O-Town was at Ozzfest, and I went to more than one as usuall, they were so out of place at a METAL show, that they were boo-ed by the crowd at most places. Fucking kids voices havent even finished changing.
The real problem is that the only music you will ever hear on the radio, see at the music store or find on MTV, is the signed, bubblegum crap that the exec`s want to sell you. It is a sad fact, but if Jimmy Hendrix or Janis Joplin were alive in this day and age, they would never have even been heard. We would be to busy rocking out to Linkin Park or O-Town.
What does it say when a poser like Puff Daddy gets his name on the map using a LED ZEPPLIN riff? Loser.
I was weened on Pantera, but Phils new band lets him talk even more. He spend more time talking shit on the mic than singing. I gave up a great MachineHead shirt to get 4 of us backstage to meet Pantera, and after meeting them, I wanted my shirt back.
On the other hand, even if you hate the guys music, Marylin Manson is by far the most intelligent rock related person I have come across. If you get him, then you get him, if you dont, there is a reason as well. He scares parents into raising their children properly. Someone has to do it. Hehe.

--------------------
Steve McQueens` got nothin` on me...........
www.Pinks-Sexy-Feet.com
www.Pinks-Handjobs.com
www.HostileHandjobs.com

Posts: 284 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Marylin Manson is by far the most intelligent rock related person I have come across. If you get him, then you get him
I saw Manson about three years ago.. The show was incredible!! I dont quite get into the BIBLE bashing he gets into.But for the most part he knows how to ROCK the joint..very very talented

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neo
Elite Trooper
Member # 1891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neo   Email Neo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I first saw him 11-12 years ago. I knew back then that he was on to something. It saddens me, but even he has grown rich and lazy as well now. The Bible bashing makes religious parents keep their kids close and off the crack! Hehe. Thats his thing, if you think like him, then you enjoy him, if you dont like him, he still instills something in you, like it or not. He only frightens the ignorant. But thats how it works with everything anyway. [Cry]
Been on a Clutch kick for a while now.

[ September 28, 2004, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Neo ]

--------------------
Steve McQueens` got nothin` on me...........
www.Pinks-Sexy-Feet.com
www.Pinks-Handjobs.com
www.HostileHandjobs.com

Posts: 284 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gs3647
All Pro Poster
Member # 2418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gs3647   Email gs3647   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I owned a cat as a kid, but she was older than me, and died just before my 13th birthday. She was one crazy cat!

--------------------
Elz is my favorite model, but it's a close race! Sasha, Candi, and Nikki come very close!

Posts: 652 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gs3647:
I owned a cat as a kid, but she was older than me, and died just before my 13th birthday. She was one crazy cat!

I'm guessing that you meant to put this comment in the thread about owning a pet, but hey, even us folks who like heavy metal can still love crazy kitties too. I sure love mine!

[Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink
Foot Model
Member # 1577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the Kitty kill the thread? [Wink]

--------------------
"YOU LIKE IT DON'T YOU DIRTY BOY"

www.Pinks-Sexy-Feet.com
www.PinksHandjobs.com
www.PinksKinks.com
www.TickledPinky.com
www.Pinks-Handjobs.com
www.How-To-Clips.com

Posts: 283 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK!!!! Photo Guy and I watched Headbangers ball and Uranium this weekend again...I understand the explanation from above.....How the metal has crossed with hardcore......

IM OFFICIALLY OLD SCHOOL..........I Think the new puke music SUCKS!!!!!!!

I'm getting old having this attitude..I remember my Grandmother telling my BROTHER and I to shut the GNR off .......ITS ALL JUST NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats what I think of some of this new METAL.......NOISE!!!!!!!! I"M OLD!!!!!!!!!YIKES

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhbdz17
All Pro Poster
Member # 2492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rhbdz17   Email rhbdz17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This so-called new metal music is no different from the thrash/death metal that I listened to in the 80s.

Metal and most forms of music go through cycles. In the 70s, we had all that disco crap. So, then Priest and Maiden became the alternative and actually somewhat mainstream. A new form of rebellion was necessary. Bands like Metallica, Slayer,and Megadeth were born. To take things further, bands like Sepultura, Death, and Morbid Angel were formed. More extreme forms of metal continued to develop. Punk became hardcore which became grindcore like Napalm Death.

Eventually,heavier metal became saturated and died out. Something new was needed. Bands like Tool, Deftones, and Korn came out. The music was almost as heavy, but more melodic. So, over time, all the nu-metal bands were formed and recently became suturated as well. That's why we're seeing a return to heavier bands like Lambs of God and the other bands you see on Headbanger's Ball. Eventually this will become saturated and passe, and some other form of music will develop. It's a healthy process and an answer to all that processed garbage we hear these days on alternative stations.

The other form of alternative music in the 80s was that glam hair metal crap. It was basically pop music disguised as rebellion. Thankfully Nirvana provided a musical abortion on those bands.

Posts: 671 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bareheelsmoocher
Board Regular
Member # 2984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bareheelsmoocher   Email bareheelsmoocher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ho ho ho!... 70's & 80's Metal Rockers here in the house!... Yeeeaaaahhhh....
I was always right! I always had this feeling that this site is my family...
...my same-feathered friends... Luvyah peepz!

Posts: 37 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toyfiend
Elite Trooper
Member # 1767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toyfiend   Author's Homepage   Email toyfiend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rhbdz17:
This so-called new metal music is no different from the thrash/death metal that I listened to in the 80s.

exactly, new metal is just mainstreamed and modernized 80's death and thrash metal.
it's always been around..just had a different name and face back in the day. i love it.

Posts: 434 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SeattleSoleMan73
Board Regular
Member # 2995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SeattleSoleMan73   Author's Homepage   Email SeattleSoleMan73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have a radio show called Assault & Battery. Got to meet all the big timers and up n comers. My tastes are more in the Cannibal Corpse/Morbid angel vein, but I still love the classics. Got to meet Ozzy, which was the pinnacle for me..Here are my fave metal bands.

Metallica (pre-haircuts), Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax (Joey Belladonna era), Motorhead, The Misfits, Sepultura (with Max Cavalera), Cannibal Corpse, Malevolent Creation, Hammerfall, Death (R.I.P. Chuck schuldiner), the list just goes on and on and on and on.............

Posts: 16 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tasm
Major Player
Member # 3081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tasm   Email tasm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorite metal and hard rock bands are,ac/dc-iron maiden(i too was at the 03 concert with dio and motorhead)(I live near pittsburgh)-ozzy-zeppelin-early def leppard-alittle ratt and kiss.Did anyone ever hear of "piledriver"They have this song called"sodomize the dead"It's funny,the only lyrics are "sodomize the dead" And i too don't like todays metal,it sounds like eratic noise,no tune to it.Also, i don't like alternative but i was wondering does anyone else think alot of the 90's alternative bands singers voices sound too much the same?Like they are trying to copy pearl jam?

--------------------
women's feet are so awesome!!!!!!

Posts: 148 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhbdz17
All Pro Poster
Member # 2492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rhbdz17   Email rhbdz17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SeattleSoleMan73

Ah, you brought back great memories. I was friends with a lot of the bands that you mentioned, including Chuck S. I was a big supporter of Death back in the days, but Chuck and I had a falling out because I got into Morbid Angel too much. Chuck was pretty jealous of them. Sounds silly now. RIP.

Sepultura stayed at my place when they first visited the U.S. I once took Malevolent Creation down to Times Square because they wanted to see a peep show. I wonder if I was the only one staring at the girls'feet.

Speaking of which, I just heard Kerry Windsor on my tv say, "she thinks she knows how to suck feet. No one sucks feet like I do". Man, this foot fetish stuff is becoming so mainstream.

Posts: 671 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
face_pedestal
Major Player
Member # 3194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for face_pedestal   Email face_pedestal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new "puke" vocals are not new at all. Many of these bands are ripping off older death and black metal bands and combining it with crappy pop melodies.

I love old school metal. Be it classic, thrash, black, death, or doom. But, even though a lot of the newer stuff on headbanger's ball TECHNICALLY sounds like some older black, and death metal ( namely AT THE GATES), it is not even in the realm of metal aesthetics. Metal was not just founded on heaviness, and melody, but also, DARKNESS, and MYSTIQUE. Most of these new bands on headbanger's ball can't seem to comprehend that.

But there ARE new metal bands out there that are great, you just don't hear about them. If you're into Maiden or Priest, you might like Primal Fear. The vocalist sounds more like Halford than Ripper does. Also another newer "power metal" band that kicks ass is Brocas Helm. Great melodies, darkness and mystique. Of course you won't hear it on EmptyV's Headbanger's ball. Of course there are still many black metal, and death metal bands that are underground that are new and good, but I'm sure many of you don't care about that style.

--------------------
WhiteMalesAnonymous.com - A survival guide for white males living in the U.S.

Posts: 105 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links