Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » HEAVY METAL (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: HEAVY METAL
face_pedestal
Major Player
Member # 3194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for face_pedestal   Email face_pedestal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by You:
umm of course none of them are/were real metal* ¿:?

Well, The only reason I brought that up is because the title of this thread is "HEAVY METAL", and I know several people who think that glam and grunge are both metal.

--------------------
WhiteMalesAnonymous.com - A survival guide for white males living in the U.S.

Posts: 105 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vasduten
Elite Trooper
Member # 2211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vasduten   Email vasduten       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw metallica in 87, the "And Justice For all" tour, not bad and pretty loud!
Bonham opened...
hehehe fizzle fizzle, pop!
I saw motorhead at a rinky-dink pavillion in MA back in 90, there were like 100 poeple there, lol...
I liked it, but have to admit they sounded lame.
What a drag it is getting old...

--------------------
I know when I'm licked... all over.

Posts: 401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vasduten:
I saw motorhead at a rinky-dink pavillion in MA back in 90, there were like 100 poeple there, lol... I liked it, but have to admit they sounded lame.

hehe... I saw Motorhead last summer when they opened for Dio & Iron Maiden, and I must admit that I hung around with friends in the parking lot until it was time for Maiden to come on. Then I went in and found my seats.

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the same show Calico.i thing Motorhead should of been #2 on the bill.Much better than Dio... That was two summers ago.Not last summer.

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vasduten
Elite Trooper
Member # 2211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vasduten   Email vasduten       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, Sasha, Motorhead was much cooler than Dio...
hehehe
Dio...

--------------------
I know when I'm licked... all over.

Posts: 401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a feeling it might've been 2 years ago as I was writing it, but I figured that you'd be able to correct me if I was wrong because I remember that you saw that concert, Sasha. Perhaps subconsciously I was attempting to cover for the fact that I didn't see any good concerts last summer. hehe And incidentally I completely agree, I also would've put Motorhead 2nd in that line-up. Even standing out in the parking lot, the differences between the Motorhead & Dio sets were more than discernible!

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feet lover/chris
The Legend
Member # 2048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feet lover/chris   Author's Homepage   Email feet lover/chris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for all of you metal heads check out vh1 classic.thewy have metal mania on mondays at 11am and 11pm.on fridays they have it on at 12pm and again at midnight. and they have it on saturdays at 11am until 1pm.and again at 11pm until 1am.its an awesome show.im goin to say this but the music we hear today doesn't belong on the airwaves.we should just stick with the music from the 80's where we had iron maiden, dokken, slayer, metal church, judas priest,etc.at least you could understand their music and the music had true meaningnot like the music if today.
Posts: 3236 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Speaking of VH1 Classic and Metal Mania, those segments are frequently hosted by Eddie Trunk, the same guy that I told everybody about back on September 15th when this thread first got started. He hosts a radio show called Friday Night Rocks. It's a 3 hour weekly program which airs at 11:00 PM here in New York City on 104.3 FM, and he also does a Saturday Night Rocks version of the show on satellite radio (XM I believe) on Saturday nights. Check it out at www.eddietrunk.com. Eddie typically plays the likes of Maiden, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, KISS, Metallica, Anthrax, The Scorpions, Dio, Motohead, and on and on. I never miss it!

[Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

SoleLove2
Major Player
Member # 3004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoleLove2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok...I tried to stay away from this topic as I would like to consider myself the biggest "metalhead" here. [Big Grin] But Metal music today is a lot different. Sure there are the classic "Heavy Metal" bands like Iron Maiden, Dio, Judas Priest, and Dream Theater.... but there are also MANY different types of metal out there. The best explination I can give is in a link: www.n3kr0metal.tk .

I listen to a lot of metal, primarilly the stuff you older folks would consider "hard" (Look at my avatar... Opeth is my favorite band. Beautiful music, powerful vocals).

Well, the best way I can describe metal today is to give a list of metal bands that are well-known in the metal community.

...And Oceans
Amon Amarth
Burzum
Finntroll
Kalmah
Bathory
In Flames
Slayer
Napalm Death
Morbid Angel
Cryptopsy
Emperor
Electric Wizard

The list goes on and on. This is really what the modern metal is, although many of the bands i listen to have been playing for years and years (like Slayer).

I'm quite tired, or i would post more. Go to the link for a in depth analysis of all the types of metal and examples of each type.

--------------------
You know so much about nothing at all.
-=+SoleLove+=-

Posts: 204 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hott3028
Elite Trooper
Member # 3839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hott3028   Email hott3028       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like every form of music, METAL has been broken up into many sub-genres.

The most intersting Hard Rock being made right now are:

SYSTEM OF A DOWN - political
SKINDRED - rap metal
QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE - stoner rock
THE DARKNESS - old school glam tribute

There are so many choices in music now, it's real hard to keep track of all the new music. But there's something for everyone.

Posts: 292 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Calico Jack:
I had a feeling it might've been 2 years ago as I was writing it, but I figured that you'd be able to correct me if I was wrong because I remember that you saw that concert, Sasha. Perhaps subconsciously I was attempting to cover for the fact that I didn't see any good concerts last summer. hehe And incidentally I completely agree, I also would've put Motorhead 2nd in that line-up. Even standing out in the parking lot, the differences between the Motorhead & Dio sets were more than discernible!

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

I saw that same show in Dallas. I always love seeing Maiden, however from the looks of it the days of touring every major stop across the U.S. are over. I've seen them at least 6 times since the "Somewhere in Time" tour and they always put on a good show.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LeDaemons....That show rocked!!! It was so good to see Maiden in the type of venue they were meant to play in..It took me back to the days when I was a kid.I loved it.
Just one year prior to that gig they played at some po-dunk club here without Bruce Dickinson..I went, it was not the same.

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

The last time I had seen Maiden before this concert that the three of us saw was back in 1991 when they headlined their "No Prayer for the Dying" tour with Anthrax as the supporting guest. I'm an old-school Maiden fanatic from way back though, so basically everything they did from 1980-1985 is like gospel to me. They always put on a good show just as you both said, and I was thrilled with the setlist they did during this last tour with Motorhead & Dio. When the lights went out and that vocal track reading the passage from Revelations 13:18 came over the PA system, I nearly wet myself and those next to me 'cause I knew that Number of the Beast was gonna be the opening song of the show. Amazing stuff!

[Hop]

Calico Jack

feettreats
Godfather of Feet
Member # 1250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feettreats         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I've been a long time Maiden fan. Ever since I had seen them in concert many moons ago with a 30 foot monstrous killer Eddie on stage. Spooked the hell outta me.

My plate reads "ROCNROLL" [Wink]

Gotta have my Ozzy though.

Posts: 579 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hott3028
Elite Trooper
Member # 3839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hott3028   Email hott3028       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Maiden's most under rated album is "Somewhere In Time". Seems like everything came together on that album, songwriting, melodies, best production on a Iron Maiden record up until then. They almost achieved a POP aesthetic on that album with some great songs, awesome videos and a record jacket that you could stare at for hours and discover some neat stuff.

Alot of rockers here, that's good!

Posts: 292 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links