Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Next-Gen video game consoles (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Next-Gen video game consoles
Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ticklingsolesmaster   Email Ticklingsolesmaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tony The Shredder:
My first objective is to get a 360 on my b'day

Happy early birthday (whenever it is)

Why are you getting a 360 over the playstation 3?

(I don't own either one right now at least!) so i'm just curious

--------------------
Passing ghosts heres the host
talk of nothing matters most
urban fracture whats the matter
only i am lost

Posts: 224 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Skorpius:
I also have a Gamecube and PS2 but I only play games that I know and like.

That's me...though I have a lot of favoritism toward Nintendo (they are afterall the last DEDICATED GAME COMPANY in the hardware market) and I want the Wii to be my next console, I'll go where the games are eventually. I got a GameCube and figured that'd be the end of it for a while, but now I also own a PS2 because of Gradius V (yeah, it's dumb to let a single game sell you on a system, but I couldn't help myself), and eventually accrued a nice stack of titles for it as well. Who knows...if the PS3 or the 360 get some ass-kicking titles exclusive to them and I can afford it, I'll get those systems sooner or later too. It's all about the games... [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ticklingsolesmaster   Email Ticklingsolesmaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Skorpius:
[qb]I want the Wii to be my next console, I'll go where the games are eventually.

Are you going to buy the Wii the first day when it comes out Lou or are you going to hold off for a few weeks to see what titles are going to launch with it?

--------------------
only i am lost

Posts: 224 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlet
Elite Trooper
Member # 2117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarlet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will eventually have all three. I want a ps3 first, but I don't see myself having 600 dollars for one for quite some time.
Posts: 425 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Are you going to buy the Wii the first day when it comes out Lou or are you going to hold off for a few weeks to see what titles are going to launch with it?
I've never bought a system the first day it hit the shelves, but I like to think that I'll have myself a Wii within the first month or two of it's release (situations can always change between now and then though). If they can release that sucker at $150, at that price and the new Zelda-Twilight Princess game, along with all those 8 and 16-bit titles up for download are enough to seal the deal for me. [Thumbs Up]

Of course, if Resident Evil 5 was going to the Wii as a launch title I'd have the system within the first week! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlet
Elite Trooper
Member # 2117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarlet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
I've never bought a system the first day it hit the shelves, but I like to think that I'll have myself a Wii within the first month or two of it's release (situations can always change between now and then though). If they can release that sucker at $150, at that price and the new Zelda-Twilight Princess game, along with all those 8 and 16-bit titles up for download are enough to seal the deal for me. [Thumbs Up]

Of course, if Resident Evil 5 was going to the Wii as a launch title I'd have the system within the first week! [Big Grin]

I don't even think RE 5 is going to be on the Wii at all. =\ Just 360 and PS3
Posts: 425 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That's the way it's looking for the time being Bro... [Cry]

I might be hopelessly optimistic, but I almost see RE5 going to the Wii eventually...providing the sales of the system are good and the user base is established. Capcom's never been one to pass on ports of good selling games so long as it lined their pockets all nice and fat. Heck, I've got a copy of RE4 on the GameCube with an "only for" tag in the upper left corner, but as we all know it found it's way to the PS2...and with extra goodies! I'm kinda' predicting that happening again...they'll release RE5 on the 360 and PS3 knowing it's money in the bank for all involved, but then turn right around and do an expanded version of the game later on for the Wii. I've got two fingers crossed on that happening... [Fingers Crossed]

And in the meantime we'll get an all-new Resident Evil made specifically for the Wii's special controller! I even see this one making it to the PS3 and 360 later on, providing Sony and Microsoft come out with something that will allow for similar play mechanics. [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

quote:
Originally posted by scarlet:
quote:
quote:

It's more then likely not going to be.

Capcom is supposed to be making a whole brand new Resident Evil Game for the Wii when it launches. Just like Lou Gojira said. It should be interesting though to see what Capcom does with the new game and what route they go with it and take it.

--------------------
only i am lost

Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

Take a look at Project H.A.M.M.E.R

That's coming out for the Wii it looks kick butt [Big Grin]

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/826/826992/vids_1.html

The Launch title games for the Nintendo Wii (already confirmed)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/709/709258p1.html

[ June 22, 2006, 05:26 AM: Message edited by: Ticklingsolesmaster ]

--------------------
only i am lost

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
SWEET! [Mmm]

Zelda
Elebits
Super Monkey Ball

Yeap, I'll be picking myself up a Wii within a month of its release. [Thumbs Up]

By the way Ticklingsolesmaster, you had wondered at one point what Elebits would play like. I read something at work today about it being a sort of cross between Katamari Damacy (an extraordinary game) and Half Life 2 (which I have never played). It's got free-roaming environments where you run around using a "gravity gun" (I'm guessing this is the Half Life aspect), shooting items and grabbing them, then throwing everything around as you try to hunt down the little Elebits as they run from you. It's basically a point and shoot game that really utilizes the remote for the Wii. Going on the pics I've seen and the way this sounds, it sounds like addiction waiting to happen for me. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

quote:
quote:
By the way Ticklingsolesmaster, you had wondered at one point what Elebits would play like. I read something at work today about it being a sort of cross between Katamari Damacy (an extraordinary game) and Half Life 2 (which I have never played). It's got free-roaming environments where you run around using a "gravity gun" (I'm guessing this is the Half Life aspect), shooting items and grabbing them, then throwing everything around as you try to hunt down the little Elebits as they run from you. It's basically a point and shoot game that really utilizes the remote for the Wii. Going on the pics I've seen and the way this sounds, it sounds like addiction waiting to happen for me. [Big Grin]
Elebits kind of sounds like Pikmin and Pikmin 2 for the Gamecube. I've never played a Gamecube or the game Pikmin games though but from your description it just sounds like a game sort of like that [Big Grin]

This sounds like another game i will have to get for the Wii. I heard it is supposed to launch around Octobor (Given that they have all the bugs worked out and tested and the final products that they want for both the Wii and Controller so it can be shipped and ready to go)

--------------------
only i am lost

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
This sounds like another game i will have to get for the Wii. I heard it is supposed to launch around Octobor (Given that they have all the bugs worked out and tested and the final products that they want for both the Wii and Controller so it can be shipped and ready to go)
October? Sounds good to me. If it can hit the shelves at $150, Nintendo is gonna clean house in time for Christmas! [Cool]

http://www.somethingawful.com/index.php?a=3852
Funny as hell, and thank God we don't sound like these guys in discussing game systems. [Laugh]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

quote:
quote:
October? Sounds good to me. If it can hit the shelves at $150, Nintendo is gonna clean house in time for Christmas! [Cool]

http://www.somethingawful.com/index.php?a=3852
Funny as hell, and thank God we don't sound like these guys in discussing game systems. [Laugh]

That was so funnny! [Laugh] I'm not that geeky about video game systems [Tongue]

And about the price i've heard on other video game forums for the Wii is from $150 or less to even up to close $250 So i guess Nintendo is still guessing over the price

--------------------
only i am lost

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
And about the price i've heard on other video game forums for the Wii is from $150 or less to even up to close $250 So i guess Nintendo is still guessing over the price
I've heard that too, which is why I'm not getting too anxious about the price just yet. I still say that if Nintendo can swing the $150 admission fee, they will more than make up any losses they take on that system in 2007. Every company takes a beating in hardware, but as is usually the case they make up for it in software sales...which is why I can't understand Sony's approach to this next generation of video gaming. If they were to somehow manage to get the PS3 on the shelves for $200-$250, I would be ready to play a death march for Nintendo as a hardware company. How Sony can realistically expect the general public to swing $400-$500 for a game system, and with the economy in the terrible shape it's in, is beyond me.

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

quote:
[QUOTE]How Sony can realistically expect the general public to swing $400-$500 for a game system, and with the economy in the terrible shape it's in, is beyond me.

Believe you me some people will pay no matter how much for a video game system. It's all about the games (and it should be for each system) The graphics are nice and all but you buy your system for the type of games that you want to play and the type of games that interest you. And i also might get a playstation 3 (it's just a thought at this point) as seeing as how my birthday is coming up in Nov the release of the playstation 3.

But right now i'm still leaning real heavy on the getting the Wii for my birthday present! [Smile] I'm just kind of weighing my opinions

But your right Sony should have cut the cost and brought the price down tads more say around $250 to $300 then more people will be ready to buy it and pre-order. But i'm sure thier is still plenty of people that will buy the playstation 3 (maybe NOT right away) but soon over a period of months.

--------------------
only i am lost

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links