Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Next-Gen video game consoles (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Next-Gen video game consoles
Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ticklingsolesmaster   Email Ticklingsolesmaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Does anybody own it or are thinking about getting it? or The Playstation 3 when it comes out in Nov? Your take on the next-gen consoles?

--------------------
Passing ghosts heres the host
talk of nothing matters most
urban fracture whats the matter
only i am lost

Posts: 224 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killa
Hall Of Famer
Member # 8564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm really looking forward to the ps3, but it's gonna cost an arm, a leg, and a virgin's soul to buy. $500 for the base system and $600 for a bigger harddrive?! i can get a 360 and a Wii (somebody at nintendo was high when they thought up that name) for that much money. i dont like sony's track record with homebrew either. although they say that they'll allow it by using linux, as soon as it starts gettin good, they'll try to stamp it out just like they did on the psp

--------------------
College girl amateur foot shoots

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ticklingsolesmaster   Email Ticklingsolesmaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Playstation 3 costs $500 to $600? WOW!!

I think i have that much in my bank account (since i rarely ever take money out) but still is a Next-Gen console worth it?

I only have playstation 2 right now since my xbox broke. So i'm thinking about buying a next-gen just don't know which system yet. But it's all about the games for me which ever games look more interesting.

For me it's narrowed down to 360 or playstation 3 (Nintendo has never interested me)

--------------------
only i am lost

Posts: 224 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sockratease
Loyal Member
Member # 13891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sockratease   Author's Homepage   Email Sockratease   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still enjoy making my own games.

For consoles, the RPGMaker series is about all that holds my attention (even though the latest installment (3) was awful.

I'll wait until I see where RPGMaker 4 is going before I even think about such a purchase.

It's just too much money when my house needs work!

--------------------
http://www.lissawhipped.com

Posts: 58 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually give all the new systems about a year before I go taking a plunge...seeing how the prices go, what kinds of games come out on each system, etc...

I don't see it taking a whole lot of analyzing this time out though. I may be wrong, but regardless of the fruity-assed name Nintendo decided to go with, I personally see the Wii coming out on top.

The XBox360, while possibly being a very good system, I predict will be having the same problem the Dreamcast did years ago...that is, people will start holding out to see what's right around the corner. Why sink the money into a system that's out now, if you can just hold out a little while longer and see if something better and maybe more affordable comes along? Don't get me wrong...I'm still pretty heart-broken over the fate of the Dreamcast and Sega as a hardware company. Sega however already had a MAJOR strike against them with the whole Saturn debacle (though I'm still a proud owner of one and a stack of good games), and in a way Microsoft has a strike against them with the XBox already. The XBox has, to my understanding, failed in Japan...and with a failure already under their belt, they're going to have a hard time attracting third party support for the XBox360...Japanese third party support anyway.

Anyway, with all of that said, I still see the XBox360 outselling the PS3 by a CONSIDERABLE margin. I mean, come on...$500 for a system?! Sorry folks, this ain't the 1990's and we're not talking about the Neo Geo. The Neo Geo NEVER cracked the mainstream market, but it did garner a strong and loyal following, allowing the system to survive upwards of 15 years, even with that expensive price tag. The reason for their strong and loyal following is simple: the Neo Geo brought real arcade games home, with the exact same hardware that was in their arcade consoles (hence the prices). Now-a-days, consoles can do arcade quality graphics at a fraction of the cost, so where can somebody justify dropping $500 on a system? Sony had better bust their ass landing some exclusive and amazing titles for that system, otherwise the mainstream market is going to elude them, and that system will never get out of "cult" status...and Sony ain't no SNK...I can't see them nursing along a system that only a secluded market at best worldwide will own.

That's why I see the Wii kicking some ass and chewing lots of bubblegum along the way. Aside from all the exclusive Nintendo franchises that will keep their fans happy (that new Zelda is lookin' mighty sweet!), the price of the system is speculated at $150 at launch! If Nintendo can pull this off, those systems are gonna sell like mad come Christmas. Yeah, the GameCube didn't necessarily sweep the American market this time out, but in Japan the system was a success, so the Japanese developers will surely be along for the ride.

Not only this, but Nintendo has secured where all us old-timers are going to go with their option to download classic games!!! All the 8-bit and 16-bit titles we know and love, 8-bit and 16-bit titles we've longed to play but couldn't find...I even understand that Sega and Hudson are in on this with Nintendo, so that means great games out the wah-zoo!

And then you have that new controller from Nintendo...talk about innovation! Pointing and aiming at the screen? Can you imagine all the gameplay possibilities that's going to open up? And if you don't like that, you can use the controllers for the GameCube, OR use the new "classic gaming" controller that closely resembles that of the PS2.

So that's my take on it...if Nintendo will launch the Wii at $150, I'm as good as there. [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vineofthorns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'm going to get a 360 when the ps3 drops cause I'm sure microsoft will drop the price of it due to its competition.I also like to wait a wile before buying a new system due to the fact there's more software as time goes on,compared to when a system first drops.the wii I'm up in the air about.no doubt the zelda and metroid dropping on it looks great,I'm still gonna wait.the remote I can't fully comment about till I try it,but so far my opinion is along the same lines of what I thought about virtualboy when it first came out
Posts: 924 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

-

I have to give some props to Nintendo though for making such a sleek and small and sexy console. The Wii looks like a high priced top notch top of the line stero sound system. And the remote is also sleek to be able to point it at the tv screen to play your video games on insted of the standard controller that you hold in your hands brillant idea.

(I might hold off just to see what type of games Nintendo has to offer before i make my purchase on one of the systems) even though nintendo has never really impressed me. But i could change my mind with the Wii it's that nice.

And i've heard that Resident Evil 5 is coming to both xbox 360 and Playstation 3 so that has me interested. Zombies?!! What more could you want [Big Grin]

[ June 18, 2006, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Ticklingsolesmaster ]

--------------------
only i am lost

Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

A pre-view trailer from Elebits from Nintendo Wii

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/824/824989/vids_1.html

First and second trailer's

I'm sure what is going on or what you do at all in this game?

But it looks fun.

--------------------
only i am lost

killa
Hall Of Famer
Member # 8564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$500 for a base syetem is steep, but i still have to see what the homebrew is like. the ps3 will have a linux-based OS that sony says will allow it. i wanna see what the devs do with it. i know for a fact that without homebrew, my psp would be in the trash

--------------------
College girl amateur foot shoots

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ticklingsolesmaster:
And i've heard that Resident Evil 5 is coming to both xbox 360 and Playstation 3 so that has me interested. Zombies?!! What more could you want [Big Grin]

So far that's the only bad piece of news about the Wii...RE5 is going to the other two systems. [Cry]

But on the up-side, Capcom has promised an all new Resident Evil game exclusive for the Wii to make use of that nifty new controller. I sure hope this is a solid, good, Resident Evil game and not some gimmicky romp that just has you wasting zombies or Plaga's with the controller. Time will tell... [Fingers Crossed]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
quote:
Originally posted by Ticklingsolesmaster:

But on the up-side, Capcom has promised an all new Resident Evil game exclusive for the Wii to make use of that nifty new controller. I sure hope this is a solid, good, Resident Evil game and not some gimmicky romp that just has you wasting zombies or Plaga's with the controller. Time will tell... [Fingers Crossed]
That is good news! i will have to keep updated on that game as well for Wii when more news about it comes handy and when the Wii finally launches. I heard in 2007 but things could change.

--------------------
only i am lost

Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

This is all greek to me. But some people might find this info useful.

PLAYSTATION 3 SPECIFICATIONS

CPU: Cell Processor PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
--1 VMX vector unit per core
--512KB L2 cache
--7 x SPE @3.2GHz
--7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
--7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
--*1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
--Total floating point performance: 218 gigaflops

GPU RSX @ 550MHz
--1.8 TFLOPS floating point Performance
--Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
--Multi-way programmable parallel Floating point shader pipelines
--Sound Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-based processing)

MEMORY
256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz
System Bandwidth Main RAM-- 25.6GB/s
VRAM--22.4GB/s
RSX-- 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

SYSTEM FLOATING POINT PERFORMANCE:
2 teraflops

STORAGE
--HDD Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1
--I/O--USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
--Memory Stickstandard/Duo, PRO x 1
--SD standard/mini x 1
--CompactFlash(Type I, II) x 1

COMMUNICATION
--Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
--Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
--Bluetooth--Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
--ControllerBluetooth (up to 7)
--USB 2.0 (wired)
--Wi-Fi (PSP)
--Network (over IP)

AV OUTPUT
Screen size 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI out x 2
AV multi out x 1
Digital out (optical) x 1

DISC MEDIA
CD
PlayStation CD-ROM
PlayStation2 CD-ROM
CD-DA
CD-DA (ROM),
CD-R,
CD-RW
SACD Hybrid (CD layer),
SACD HD
DualDisc (audio side)
DualDisc (DVD side)
PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM
PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM
DVD-ROM
DVD-R
DVD-RW
DVD+R,
DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc
PlayStation 3 BD-ROM
BD-ROM
BD

--------------------
only i am lost

Skorpius
Hall Of Famer
Member # 10122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skorpius   Email Skorpius   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with Lou Gojira. My point of view is that the Xbox 360 just doesn't have enough 3rd party support at the moment. I do own a 360 and the only games I play on it are DOA 4 and Rumble Roses. I was thinking about getting FIFA 2005/6 but would rather wait till it drops in price. The only other reason why I would have gotten a 360 was for Halo 3 but that isn't gonna happen for awhile (or ever at all).
I also have a Gamecube and PS2 but I only play games that I know and like. Metroid, Mario Bros, Bomberman, Guitar Hero, Metal Gear Solid, GT3/GT4, Castlevania. These are the brands that Nintendo and Sony has created.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

Nintendo Wii Specifications

The cool look: The new console boasts high-quality materials and a smart, compact design, approximately the size of three standard DVD cases stacked together. A variety of prototype colors are being showcased during E3. It will come with a silver stand that makes the system a welcome, artistic component of any multimedia setup, whether it's displayed vertically or horizontally
Backward compatibility: The new console plays all games from the current Nintendo GameCubeTM generation. But there's more.
The secret weapon: The console also will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo® 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System® (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System® (NES
Easy expansion: A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory
Two disc formats, one slot: Instead of a tray, a single, innovative, self-loading media bay will play both 12-centimeter optical discs used for the new system as well as Nintendo GameCube discs. Owners will have the option of equipping a small, self-contained attachment to play movies and other DVD content
The specs: The system boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, wireless controllers, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi access. A worldwide network of Nintendo players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment. Revolution's technological heart, a processing chip developed with IBM and code-named "Broadway," and a graphics chip set from ATI code-named "Hollywood," will deliver game experiences not previously possible
The stars: Introduction of a number of new franchise properties will add to the world's richest stable of stars, including Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Bros., Donkey Kong and Metroid
Wireless freedom: A number of Wi-Fi-enabled launch titles are in development that will employ Nintendo's newly announced wireless gaming service, Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection. A worldwide network of Nintendo players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment
Freedom of design: A dynamic development architecture equally accommodates both big-budget, high-profile game "masterpieces" as well as indie games conceived by individual developers equipped with only a big idea
Features of the Nintendo Wii
Controls: Intuitive control for anyone using the physical motion of the main Wii Remote, which resembles a television remote control. Up to four Wii Remotes can be connected at once using wireless Bluetooth technology. The wireless signal can be detected within 10 meters of the console. Both the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers include a three-axis motion sensor. The Wii Remote also includes a speaker, rumble feature and expansion port, and can be used as a pointer within 5 meters of the screen. The Wii Remote has a power switch, plus pad, A, B, Minus, Home, 1 and 2 buttons. The Nunchuk controller includes an analog control stick and C and Z buttons.

The Look: Wii features a compact design that will make it a natural addition to any television setup. It can be displayed either vertically or horizontally.

Media: A single self-loading media bay will play single- or double-layered 12-centimeter optical discs for Wii, as well as 8-centimeter Nintendo GameCube discs.

Communication: Wii can communicate with the Internet even when the power is turned off. This WiiConnect24 service delivers a new surprise or game update, even if users do not play with Wii. Users can connect wirelessly using IEEE 802.11b/g, or with a USB 2.0 LAN adaptor. Wii also can communicate wirelessly with Nintendo DS.

Virtual Console: Wii will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). The Virtual Console also will feature a "best of" selection from Sega Genesis titles and games from the TurboGrafx console (a system jointly developed by NEC and Hudson). It also will be home to new games conceived by indie developers whose creativity is larger than their budgets.

The Specs: Wii boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi capability. A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory. Design was optimized with state-of-the-art processing technologies that minimize power consumption, keep the console compact and enable the "sleepless" WiiConnect24 mode.

CPU: PowerPC CPU (code-named "Broadway"). Made with a 90 nm SOI CMOS process, jointly developed with and manufactured by IBM.

Graphics Processing Unit: Being developed with ATI.

Other Features: Four ports for classic Nintendo GameCube controllers. Two slots for Nintendo GameCube Memory Cards. An AV Multi-output port for component, composite or S-video.

--------------------
only i am lost

Tony The Shredder
The Legend
Member # 2912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony The Shredder   Author's Homepage   Email Tony The Shredder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great tech specs. My first objective is to get a 360 on my b'day and the Wii after the holiday season.

--------------------
Tony

President of The Sexy Lexi Fan Club,
and CEO of Foot Soldiers International, LLC

Posts: 3660 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links