Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Next-Gen video game consoles (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Next-Gen video game consoles
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No doubt Bro...some folks are going to buy the PS3 come hell or high-water, but how many of these kinds of people make up the bulk of the market?

I could be mistaken, but the PS2 caught on for two main reasons: you could watch your DVD's on the thing, and it had more than a fair share of games that would appeal to the casual gamers. I'm not knocking these titles or the folks who enjoy them, but when you have all the Madden's, GTA's, Tony Hawk's, Final Fantasy's, a buttload of sports titles, driving sim's out the wazoo, etc...that'd turn the head of most people out there as opposed to, say, Ikaruga, Wario Ware, or P.N.03...games that would appeal to the hardcore gamers...

Hardcore gamers are folks I can see willing to shell out the big bucks. Casual gamers? Sorry...I don't see it happening.

On the flipside, Nintendo has suffered a stereotype for years, and yes, it was of their own doing...casual observers tend to see Nintendo as a "kiddy" company. These people, from what I understand, make up a great portion of the casual gamer market, so if nothing else, these casual gamers may go with the 360 as a cheaper alternative to the PS3.

Just thinking outloud... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ticklingsolesmaster   Email Ticklingsolesmaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
No doubt Bro...some folks are going to buy the PS3 come hell or high-water, but how many of these kinds of people make up the bulk of the market?

I could be mistaken, but the PS2 caught on for two main reasons: you could watch your DVD's on the thing, and it had more than a fair share of games that would appeal to the casual gamers. I'm not knocking these titles or the folks who enjoy them, but when you have all the Madden's, GTA's, Tony Hawk's, Final Fantasy's, a buttload of sports titles, driving sim's out the wazoo, etc...that'd turn the head of most people out there as opposed to, say, Ikaruga, Wario Ware, or P.N.03...games that would appeal to the hardcore gamers...

Hardcore gamers are folks I can see willing to shell out the big bucks. Casual gamers? Sorry...I don't see it happening.

On the flipside, Nintendo has suffered a stereotype for years, and yes, it was of their own doing...casual observers tend to see Nintendo as a "kiddy" company. These people, from what I understand, make up a great portion of the casual gamer market, so if nothing else, these casual gamers may go with the 360 as a cheaper alternative to the PS3.

Just thinking outloud... [Big Grin]

Nintendo is seen as a ''kiddy'' console and company because they don't have any likes of Halo or Tekken series or some type of great shooter that will put them on the map as a real console. And frankly i do not ever see Nintendo appealing and wanting to become a more mature console and trying to make a game like a Halo for nintendo based fans to say to the rest of the playstation and xbox owners that they should not be seen as a ''kiddy'' company no longer.

Even with thier new controller idea and sleek new console people are still going to see nintendo as ''kiddy''

But i don't agree with being loyal to one gaming console anyways. Maybe you do. But i say

if there are games you like on xbox 360 then buy a 360,if there are games you like on the Wii then buy a Wii,if there are games you like on playstation 3 then buy a playstation 3. Because in the long run gaming consoles are about games not weather this gaming console is ''kiddy'' and this one isn't.

--------------------
Passing ghosts heres the host
talk of nothing matters most
urban fracture whats the matter
only i am lost

Posts: 224 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But i don't agree with being loyal to one gaming console anyways. Maybe you do. But i say

if there are games you like on xbox 360 then buy a 360,if there are games you like on the Wii then buy a Wii,if there are games you like on playstation 3 then buy a playstation 3. Because in the long run gaming consoles are about games not weather this gaming console is ''kiddy'' and this one isn't.

I agree with you...gotta go where the games are! [Thumbs Up]

I know a girl who, back in the day, was so loyal to Nintendo because of the 8-bit NES, that she didn't even give the Genesis the benefit of the doubt. When I got the chance, I showed her some of the amazing games on the Sega Genesis, and said something like: "See where product loyalty gets you? Look at all this stuff you missed out on!" Her reply, if I remember right, was: "But I was happy..." [Roll Eyes] [Laugh]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ticklingsolesmaster   Email Ticklingsolesmaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I agree with you...gotta go where the games are! [Thumbs Up]

I know a girl who, back in the day, was so loyal to Nintendo because of the 8-bit NES, that she didn't even give the Genesis the benefit of the doubt. When I got the chance, I showed her some of the amazing games on the Sega Genesis, and said something like: "See where product loyalty gets you? Look at all this stuff you missed out on!" Her reply, if I remember right, was: "But I was happy..." [Roll Eyes] [Laugh]

You should go to some other gaming forums or Myspace.com video game forum section for a good EXAMPLE of how stupid and ass holes people can be about fan boys and about video games ingeneral! it's real funny to see another person bash someone else for likeing this console because it's ''kiddy like'' or bashing this preview for a next-gen video game and saying that it will be suck based on a few screen shots without geting thier hands on the game before it comes out.

Next-gen console war talks is pretty pointless to me.

--------------------
only i am lost

Posts: 224 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
You should go to some other gaming forums or Myspace.com video game forum section for a good EXAMPLE of how stupid and ass holes people can be about fan boys and about video games ingeneral!
I know what you mean Bro...it gets really sad when you see people getting all hateful divisive over a hobby that's supposed to be enjoyed. Why can't people simply have preferences without hating other choices? I just don't get it... [Confused]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

Are the Wii consoles already taking pre-order sales in select stores and online do you know anything about that Lou?

Because i saw on some other nintendo forums online that some members said that they were.

--------------------
only i am lost

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Ticklingsolesmaster:
Are the Wii consoles already taking pre-order sales in select stores and online do you know anything about that Lou?

Because i saw on some other nintendo forums online that some members said that they were.

Hmmm...that's news to me. I hadn't heard...

I'll just wait and snag myself one when they hit the stores. I need some time to squirrel away the money. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ticklingsolesmaster:

Hmmm...that's news to me. I hadn't heard...

I'll just wait and snag myself one when they hit the stores. I need some time to squirrel away the money. [Big Grin]

Same here i'll be saving up my money (even though i already have ENOUGH money for the Wii) i'll still save up some extra money for that retro controller or Light Gun [Smile]

Nintendo has a big secret Lou? You would know more about this then i would i'm sure. So i thought i would pass along this thread to you about it

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=18402370&groupID=103099843&adTopicID=14&Mytoken=3049265F-42F4-440A-8E87E3B5652C6ECC484833046

--------------------
only i am lost

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Nintendo has a big secret Lou? You would know more about this then i would i'm sure.
Thanks for the nice words Bro, but honestly, I'm as in the dark as anybody over what this big secret could be. Nintendo started getting tight-lipped over their projects ever since they felt that they were ripped off over the whole rumbling controller novelty. I believe it was Miyamoto himself who said: "We do it...then everybody else does it!"

Don't be too surprised if Nintendo drops a bomb of a surprise come release day...a good bomb of course. A $99 system bomb would be sweet... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links