Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » HEAVY METAL (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: HEAVY METAL
face_pedestal
Major Player
Member # 3194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for face_pedestal   Email face_pedestal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more thing I have to add. I'm assuming that you "old school" metal fans are all in the U.S. The reason I assume this is because in the early 90s the U.S was cut off from the METAL WORLD.

I also live in the U.S., but rather than following the American media's portrayal of metal, I have been keeping my "ears to the tracks" so to speak on the internet.

In the U.S., the early 90s spelled disaster for metal. Headbanger's Ball was cancelled, and major record labels booted metal bands from their fold. As a result, the youth of America lost it's connection with metal. This, however, was not a worldwide phenomena. In the rest of the world, metal has remained. As a result, in many countries you still see young "metal-heads" with long hair, denom and leather, and metal shirts. In the U.S., however, things are different. The younger generation doesn't know about metal. They grew up on rap, and mall-core. Therefore, you see these new American "metal" bands on the new Headbanger's ball that are totally clueless.

The United States is basically the laughing stock of the metal world as a result of this. While the rest of the world remained METAL, the U.S. was concerned with trends. Today, in the world, Iron Maiden and bands like them represent metal. Everywhere except the U.S., of course. In the U.S. , Korn represents "metal". Basically musically speaking, the U.S. is like a giant nerd colony.

But on the brighter side, there are SO MANY melodic classic metal bands that are popular everywhere EXCEPT the U.S. Examples are Susperia, Angra, Dragon Force, Iced Earth, EverGrey, Bewitched, and many others. Plus there all the thrash, death, and black bands that still have the oldschool feel.

I know by watching MTV, you would think the metal scene sucks now. But it's only the AMERICAN metal scene. The rest of the world still is, and has always been metal.

--------------------
WhiteMalesAnonymous.com - A survival guide for white males living in the U.S.

Posts: 105 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ToeSucker83
Major Player
Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ToeSucker83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sasha:
I was watching headbangers ball Saturday night.
Am I getting old?whats up with the new metal??These guys and girls arent even singing.Its all, I cant explain it. It sounds like they are all throwing up in the michrophone..I mean this band KITTY sounded great when she was singing the first part of the song,she then broke out into this what sounded like pukeing..All the bands sounded like this

Maybe this is a sign of my age.But I'm sorry ,all I could do Sat night was laugh out loud at these bands.

No way in HELL my man Bruce Dickinson would do this..HE IS A VOCALIST..
Pantera (My Metal Masters) doesnt even do this vomit singing.

I guess I'm just old school [Roll Eyes]

I'm 21, I'm with ya though...

Iron Maiden, Bruce Dickinson, Helloween, Megadeth, Mettalica, Van Halen, Sammy Hagar, Ozzy, AC/DC, Ratt, Poison, Skid Row, Extreme, Def Leppard, KISS, Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest, Scorpions, Dokken... Well... You know the deal!
[Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Music is the language of the heart, the sound of the soul. The more we understand it, the deeper the listening experience becomes.

Posts: 206 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ToeSucker83
Major Player
Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ToeSucker83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by face_pedestal:
One more thing I have to add. I'm assuming that you "old school" metal fans are all in the U.S. The reason I assume this is because in the early 90s the U.S was cut off from the METAL WORLD.

I also live in the U.S., but rather than following the American media's portrayal of metal, I have been keeping my "ears to the tracks" so to speak on the internet.

In the U.S., the early 90s spelled disaster for metal. Headbanger's Ball was cancelled, and major record labels booted metal bands from their fold. As a result, the youth of America lost it's connection with metal. This, however, was not a worldwide phenomena. In the rest of the world, metal has remained. As a result, in many countries you still see young "metal-heads" with long hair, denom and leather, and metal shirts. In the U.S., however, things are different. The younger generation doesn't know about metal. They grew up on rap, and mall-core. Therefore, you see these new American "metal" bands on the new Headbanger's ball that are totally clueless.

The United States is basically the laughing stock of the metal world as a result of this. While the rest of the world remained METAL, the U.S. was concerned with trends. Today, in the world, Iron Maiden and bands like them represent metal. Everywhere except the U.S., of course. In the U.S. , Korn represents "metal". Basically musically speaking, the U.S. is like a giant nerd colony.

But on the brighter side, there are SO MANY melodic classic metal bands that are popular everywhere EXCEPT the U.S. Examples are Susperia, Angra, Dragon Force, Iced Earth, EverGrey, Bewitched, and many others. Plus there all the thrash, death, and black bands that still have the oldschool feel.

I know by watching MTV, you would think the metal scene sucks now. But it's only the AMERICAN metal scene. The rest of the world still is, and has always been metal.

Not to mention, Edguy, Dream Evil, or Nocturnal Rites

--------------------
Music is the language of the heart, the sound of the soul. The more we understand it, the deeper the listening experience becomes.

Posts: 206 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In the U.S., the early 90s spelled disaster for metal. Headbanger's Ball was cancelled, and major record labels booted metal bands from their fold.

I remember this ..BIG TIME..GRUNGGGGGGGGGGGGG Killed that era, and started a new stle and look in MUSIC...(One little song called TEEN SPIRIT and the rest is HISTORY......)

I remember the early 90's well..My boys.GUNS & ROSES closed up shop never to be heard of again.. [Cry]

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tweener
Major Player
Member # 1630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tweener     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sasha:
quote:

I remember the early 90's well..My boys.GUNS & ROSES closed up shop never to be heard of again.. [Cry]
I wouldn't consider myself a dedicated Guns 'n Roses fan, but I do like most of the songs on Appetite for Destruction. I think my three favorites are Night Train, Mr. Brownstone and Rocket Queen.

"I used to do a little but a little wouldn't do it so the little got more 'n mo-wore!"

Good stuff.

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1986-1987 ,when I was 13 and 14, my brother used to take me to the Troubador and Roxy in Hollywood to see the Guns back in their club days...It was very special to see a band come up from the gutter to one of the biggest bands in the world....

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ToeSucker83
Major Player
Member # 3187

You can still see Metal Skool at the Roxy every monday night!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

DJ
The Legend
Member # 1698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJ   Author's Homepage   Email DJ       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I loved all those clubs! Haven't been there in ages.

Been to LA in the last 2 years for several different shows, but not on the strip.

--------------------
DJ

Posts: 4159 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for You   Author's Homepage   Email You   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got to see guns and roses live once...when i was 15...then, as Sasha said, a little band called nirvana came out to rock my fucking world!
Posts: 4545 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ToeSucker83
Major Player
Member # 3187

Screw Nirvana and the rest of the grunge scene... I'll stick with Extreme, Van Halen, LA Guns, Guns N Roses, Motley Crue, Poison, Ozzy, Megadeth, Dio, and all that awesome stuff. Grunge just doesn't do anything for me...

--------------------

You
The Legend
Member # 2107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for You   Author's Homepage   Email You   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Laugh] its ok, you dont have to like the good bands....
...seriously though, why? lol just a matter of personal taste or something..deeper?

Posts: 4545 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ToeSucker83
Major Player
Member # 3187

Uuuhhhh... personal taste as well as other things... In the 80s, at least for the first half of them, you had to have a little bit talent to get recognized. Then the 90s came along and any whiny kid who knew a power chord or could moan and scream took over. Most of the 90s stuff is just talentless boring rubbish... IMHO... I like Alice In Chains and some of the Soundgarden stuff, but for the most part the 90s and after suck! www.hardrockin80s.com features some newer bands that rock though. Like The Watchmen, from Argentina, not to be confused with the band by the same name from Canada. www.watchmen.com.ar for

--------------------

You
The Legend
Member # 2107

well, i disagree with you wholeheartedly [Smile] i spent my late teen years in the early 90´s so...as much as i like motley, gn´r, etc i have to say the *grunge scene* meant and still means a lot to me, its more about visceral feelings and viceral state of minds, to me at least.

we can agree to disagree, no problem.

face_pedestal
Major Player
Member # 3194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for face_pedestal   Email face_pedestal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I don't like the glam scene or the grunge scene. I don't really consider either one of them to be real metal. But, I can tolerate glam much more than grunge.

--------------------
WhiteMalesAnonymous.com - A survival guide for white males living in the U.S.

Posts: 105 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

umm of course none of them are/were real metal* ¿:?
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links