Foot Fetish Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » online dating (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: online dating
PublicName
All Pro Poster
Member # 12270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PublicName     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael P:
you know what else is funny?

how very few guys say that they are looking for "random play" on facebook

out of all the facebook profiles i've seen, maybe about 1 - 2% say they are interested in random play

if we put 100 guys in a room do you really think only 1 or 2 would be interested in random play with an attractive girl? [Laugh] [Laugh] [Laugh]

just shows how people aren't honest about what they are looking for on these sites [Wink]

That isn't something most people want to advertise to the public straight off the bat. i don't understand why anyone WOULD do that especially on a site where they're likely to add a shit load of their friends, how many people do you think don't have like 500+ friends in their immediate area alone, along with a lot of people they knew from high school, and so on? that sure displays a lot of cool things that they didn't know about the person, doesn't it.

"Hey! I didn't know you were into "random play" too, maybe we should hang out sometime!" Who the fuck is going to say that? Nobody, you need to get out of the fucking box, maybe you should make a profile on facebook and start messaging people with things like that, see what kind of response you get. I bet, at the least, half the people you were to try to contact would think you were some kind of creep, whether you're attractive or not.

Why can't you believe that somebody wants to use something for friendship as opposed to trying to get some? or at least get into a decent relationship through a DIFFERENT WAY OF MEETING, GOD FORBID THEY DON'T MEET IN A BAR/AT A PARTY/SHOW/ETC OR THROUGH A FRIEND IN REAL LIFE FACE TO FACE.

Anyways I probably sound like a complete moron and might not make a lot of sense because I'm not even reading everything here, but from what I'm reading of about all of your posts, this is what I'm seeing from it. The cocky attitude and smartass bullshit every other line isn't really helping you out.

Posts: 504 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I will admit to adding randoms...there was a FB group called "I did what,no, shut the fuck up..." that kind of thread and one of the discussion thread was "How many beers would you have to have to sleep with the poster above you" [Big Grin]

And I see "Foot profiles" all the time, just guys that create a profile to get foot action...so it counts [Smile]

Mike isn't saying EVERYBODY creates a FB account to pick up, but the ones that slap up "Looking for Friendship" are full of shit, to put it simply. Andy and Athena just happened to meet over FB and it added fuel to the fire...

FB is a great method for picking up like I said, think about it, you can invite a hot girl to a party or a club your going to and then meet up and your set...countless other ways to pick up on it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by bluetoelover:
Mike isn't saying EVERYBODY creates a FB account to pick up,

...Yes he is o.O
Maybe you misread…
Look at EVERYTHING he's written:

quote:
if you are single and you have a public myspace or facebook account, you are an online dater

quote:
I said SINGLE people use it for dating, you're married

quote:
your thoughts on this can't be taken seriously when you met your girl on facebook

it just proves the fact single people with a public profile on myspace or facebook use it for dating

quote:
by having a public online profile and being single, you are open to meeting somebody off the net, which means you do online dating

just because it's not called "facebook personals" doesn't mean you aren't

Kinda seems he's saying that to me... [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Andy and Athena just happened to meet over FB and it added fuel to the fire...

Okay - yes, thank GOD you're not as dense as him and you realise that, although in an online relationship, it wasn't planned...the way in which Mike is implying it is he’s saying that I have always been an online dater and can’t seem to comprehend the fact that it wasn’t what either of us were particularly looking for… maybe if I put double spacing between the words and spell them phonetically, he might get it…hope springs eternal.

[ June 18, 2009, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Andy-Laa ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
this thread is hilarious, two people that "date" each other met through facebook, yet claim they aren't online daters

quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:
I claim not to be in a relationship online?
(answer's no btw [Smile] )

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here that you misunderstood what I was saying – I was saying “No, I do claim to be in an online relationship”…I am in one…there’s no way I could dispute that and no reason I would…there is no way I am an online dater however. It’s a question of definitions; I think you should maybe revise them. The reason being is that you are attempting to weight the argument in your favour by essentially manufacturing what you claim to be “facts”. In doing so, you completely void your argument as…it’s based on total untruths and twisted facts. It fools the casual reader, but…it’s not an argument in any sense, just a little game of “one upmanship”. Stop being a child and actually give me a concrete argument that makes sense.

quote:
what am i embellishing and twisting?

You’re saying that I have this persona of online dating – it’s what I am looking for and have always been looking for; my sole purpose for my Facebook profile was to peruse for dates. Not true. (and btw – you can’t go on people’s profiles of whom you don’t know without them adding you, so I can’t just surf through them at will and look for my next girlfriend).

It happened by chance. Before I fell in love with her, I wouldn’t have dreamed of it. I told you about how I was interested in a girl at my college when I began talking to Athena – and I used to tell Athena about this girl. Why would I do that if I was thinking “I’ll make her my online girlfriend later on”? [Roll Eyes]

quote:
you're a perfect example of people that can't admit one of the main reasons their facebook and myspace profiles were created was to get dates

…Why so arrogant and stubborn? I’ve told you no I didn’t. I mean…what would be the motive for lying about it either way? I’m proud of my relationship and the fact it’s so strong; my parents & friends all know about it. I have no shame in being in an online relationship.
Why is it so impossible that people have their online profiles to keep updated with their friends/relatives and to perhaps make new friends?

quote:
again there is nothing wrong with online dating, but it is wrong to deny it [Wink]

So now there’s NOTHING wrong with it?
Why so personal about the subject then?
It seems I struck a nerve somehow…you’re trying to bait me into getting angry and that’s what you do when your argument is pathetic and full of holes. The cheeky-wink, use of inverted commas, the “Matter of a fact” statements about nonsense and the trying to call my honesty/intetgrity into question all clear attempts to undermine my argument only make yours far more farcical and…in my opinion quite comical…If you want examples:

quote:

you're young, some day you will realize that daddy knows best [Wink]

people with public online profiles use them for dating, you of all people should know this

deal with it

they just can't admit it, case in point YOU! [Wink]

hope this helps [Wink]

your thoughts on this can't be taken seriously when you met your girl on facebook

just shows how people aren't honest about what they are looking for on these sites [Wink]

again there is nothing wrong with online dating, but it is wrong to deny it [Wink]

Anyway – this last sentence you wrote in the last thing you posted may have been the result of misunderstanding what I wrote before, “answer’s no btw” so that’s cleared up I assume.
Right – I’ve layed this out in such a way that I have explained every step of what I wrote and rebutted the comments you made…that are contradicted by…well, fact; there can be no misinterpretation of my feelings on your part whatsoever now.

[ June 18, 2009, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Andy-Laa ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Originally posted by blackHxC88:
i'm jealous of andy's relationship, wishing i had something like that

congrats [Big Grin]

lol - sorry I missed that man, amongst the hail of shit Mike's raining down in an attempt to sound witty. I appreciate the comment, bro [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PublicName:
i don't think anybody CREATES their facebook or myspace IN ORDER to get dates, WHO THE FUCK would do that, be honest with yourself. do you have either of them, michael? you must be looking for some dates if you do, but i bet(if you even have either since it's according to you, they're only used for online dating)yours is just to contact old friends like everybody else actually uses it forr [Smile] maybe it just so happens that profile browsing randomly they found a few things on common and one of them wanted to say what's up, ever think of that? doesn't matter what you put your profile up for, i highly doubt the sole purpose of making a myspace/facebook is to get a date. there's dating specific websites for shit like that. on fb it's basically a bonus of some sort for people, but i don't see why it's such a big deal.

the only reason i think you sound like a complete moron is because you're so into saying the sole purpose of making the profile to get a date.

learn to read before you speak, son

i never said the main reason was to get dates, i said all the single people with public profiles are open to using it for dating, they just won't admit it by saying "here for friendship" due to online dating still being taboo

i had a myspace but haven't logged in since last year, it was on private because i wasn't using it for dating [Big Grin]

again i NEVER said the sole purpose of them is to get dates, again learn to read before you speak MORON [Wink]

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PublicName:
quote:
you know what else is funny?

how very few guys say that they are looking for "random play" on facebook

out of all the facebook profiles i've seen, maybe about 1 - 2% say they are interested in random play

if we put 100 guys in a room do you really think only 1 or 2 would be interested in random play with an attractive girl? [Laugh] [Laugh] [Laugh]

That isn't something most people want to advertise to the public straight off the bat. i don't understand why anyone WOULD do that especially on a site where they're likely to add a shit load of their friends, how many people do you think don't have like 500+ friends in their immediate area alone, along with a lot of people they knew from high school, and so on? that sure displays a lot of cool things that they didn't know about the person, doesn't it.

"Hey! I didn't know you were into "random play" too, maybe we should hang out sometime!" Who the fuck is going to say that? Nobody, you need to get out of the fucking box, maybe you should make a profile on facebook and start messaging people with things like that, see what kind of response you get. I bet, at the least, half the people you were to try to contact would think you were some kind of creep, whether you're attractive or not.

Why can't you believe that somebody wants to use something for friendship as opposed to trying to get some? or at least get into a decent relationship through a DIFFERENT WAY OF MEETING, GOD FORBID THEY DON'T MEET IN A BAR/AT A PARTY/SHOW/ETC OR THROUGH A FRIEND IN REAL LIFE FACE TO FACE.

Anyways I probably sound like a complete moron and might not make a lot of sense because I'm not even reading everything here, but from what I'm reading of about all of your posts, this is what I'm seeing from it. The cocky attitude and smartass bullshit every other line isn't really helping you out.

my point was they aren't honest about what they are looking for on these sites

every SINGLE person with a public profile that uses these sites is open to online dating, they just won't admit it on their page

calm down son, it ain't that serious

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

quote:
quote:
Mike isn't saying EVERYBODY creates a FB account to pick up,

...Yes he is o.O
Maybe you misread…
Look at EVERYTHING he's written:

quote:
if you are single and you have a public myspace or facebook account, you are an online dater

quote:
I said SINGLE people use it for dating, you're married

quote:

it just proves the fact single people with a public profile on myspace or facebook use it for dating

quote:
by having a public online profile and being single, you are open to meeting somebody off the net, which means you do online dating

just because it's not called "facebook personals" doesn't mean you aren't

Kinda seems he's saying that to me... [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Andy and Athena just happened to meet over FB and it added fuel to the fire...

Okay - yes, thank GOD you're not as dense as him and you realise that, although in an online relationship, it wasn't planned...the way in which Mike is implying it is he’s saying that I have always been an online dater and can’t seem to comprehend the fact that it wasn’t what either of us were particularly looking for… maybe if I put double spacing between the words and spell them phonetically, he might get it…hope springs eternal.

nothing i said meant the main reason you created it was for dating

you seem to be awfully sensitive and insecure about the fact that you met your girl online

if you think i'm trying to bait you into getting angry, it's because you are angry

i posted in this thread before you and athens, you both came into this thread to deny the fact that people use these sites for dating, which both of you do

IT WASN'T THE MAIN REASON YOU USED THE SITE BUT BOTH OF YOU WERE OPEN TO ONLINE DATING HENCE THE ONLINE RELATIONSHIP

no facebook = you don't know each other exists

jeez get over it [Roll Eyes]

[ June 18, 2009, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Michael P ]

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Holy fuck my head hurts reading this thread fellas! So who buys the other guy a beer first? [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

people mostly use myspace and facebook to keep in contact with friends

if they are single and their profile is public, they are open to online dating

is that really an offensive thing to say? [Confused]

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

NOPE. Not offensive at all.

Who knew that a statement a simple as that can create a lot of anarchy and chaos? I like this thread, actually. I want to see this debate go into the fifteenth round.

--National

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by National:
quote:

NOPE. Not offensive at all.

Who knew that a statement a simple as that can create a lot of anarchy and chaos? I like this thread, actually. I want to see this debate go into the fifteenth round.

--National

i feel like i should be waving around american flags and smoking a cigar Don King-style [Tongue] [Laugh]
Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
finally Michael P, you say that. to me, until you wrote that last bit, it sounded like you were saying that FB and MS profiles were created in an attempt to date people. i dont think there is that stigmata about meeting people online as there was 8 yrs ago when i met my wife. i know tons and tons of people who have met SO (significant others) and playmates online thru sites from FB to AFF. the way i see it, its akin to going out for a drink with some friends. you arent necessarily going to meet someone else, but sure.. you're open to it. ask me tho beforehand if i am going out to meet a woman, i would answer no, i'm just going out for a drink with some friends. that doesnt make me liar if i happen to meet a woman, it just means i wasnt thinking about it. so when people create a profile 'for friendship' and they happen to meet someone, they werent being deceitful, they quite possibly werent intending to meet any one.

so bottom line.. putting 'for friendship' isnt a bullshit line. its their main reason for the profile. that doesnt mean they are closed to more tho.

of course thats just my personal experience and opinion.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Originally posted by nusuth:
finally Michael P, you say that. to me, until you wrote that last bit, it sounded like you were saying that FB and MS profiles were created in an attempt to date people.

(This post also applies to National too)
He was until he was caught out and he changed his story. Not once before I pointed out how...wrong his argument is (as in, he is arguing the wrong point using the incorrect terminology and thus being ridiculously ambidextrous in his opinions so as to appear...I don't know alpha male I think...), did he say "Oh no, actually, I never said that everyone (who is single) use them solely for dating” when a few posts before:

quote:
Originally posted by Michael P

and in particular – this post. There is certainly no way he could say that what he was saying here isn’t exactly what you are reading: all single people with online profiles use them for dating)…
quote:
Originally posted by Michael P

A spot of damage control methinks… [Roll Eyes]

Pathetic.

--------------------
 -

Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Point 1:
quote:
nothing i said meant the main reason you created it was for dating

The contradiction being:

quote:

the people that claim to be "looking for friendship" are full of shit

Point 2:
quote:
you seem to be awfully sensitive and insecure about the fact that you met your girl online

The contradiction being:

quote:
I’ve told you no I didn’t. I mean…what would be the motive for lying about it either way? I’m proud of my relationship and the fact it’s so strong; my parents & friends all know about it. I have no shame in being in an online relationship.

Point 3:
quote:
if you think i'm trying to bait you into getting angry, it's because you are angry

I will say in all serious – thank you for making me laugh by putting that – I’m not trying to put you down there, it just lightened the persona of you in my opinion.

Mate – I honestly have no opinions of you either way. The one thing I would say is you are a pessimist (if you want to call it “realist” then whatever) but that doesn’t affect me in any way particularly. If you want to have a generally negative view of the world – I would not dream of changing that. Fine. It’s up to you how you live your life. Poet, Phillip Larkin was similarly misanthropic and look at his fame...the relevence of this, however is nil so don't come back at me saying I'm personally attacking you or anything - (I do doubt you would, but just in case).

As for me being “angry” at you…welcome to debating, son. I mean I’m a History student and I like to debate things; it makes it more earned if you do it the proper way. Don’t think I’m angry with you at all as that is giving you far too much credit…it takes much more than that to get me rattled. You seem to think discussing this has like…changed my life or something…I’ll make a promise to you that it hasn’t.

I’ve provided evidence of your attempt to bait (not just me – people in general) and you haven’t countered that – instead, again, you have simply tried to put me down and to undermine my argument – you’re saying my emotions have got the better of me and I’m speaking out of anger it seems…well this – I’d presume – has convinced you I wasn’t, and I’m not.

As far as I can see – the strongest argument is mine (whilst I admit I’m biased) I have showed you the contradicting statements and explained how you approach debates (arguments if you want to call them that) and have pleaded with you that, for your sake, you should learn to properly argue fluently and convincingly. I shot holes in basically everything you’ve said and you haven’t attempted to explain/counter or defend them. This tells me you can’t; and so essentially, what you’re indirectly saying there…is your argument is wrong. If you can’t defend it, how can it be a correct, truth-filled argument? It can’t be.

You further go on to dismiss it with one line essentially saying “I’m not trying to make you angry, you just are”…I mean…okay then – even if I were…this doesn’t change the evidence I have presented to you that you’ve waived off in half a sentence hoping that I’d…forget it(?).

quote:
i posted in this thread before you and athens, you both came into this thread to deny the fact that people use these sites for dating, which both of you do

Erm…we do? O.o
So we were looking for it all along?…okay I really hope this point sticks this time, Mike, as I’ve gone over it twice already… please TRY to see what I am saying annd – God forbid –perhaps answer the question - …are you ready?

Okay – I would like an answer to the question: “Why would I tell Athena that I was pursuing a girl at my college before we were together?”
Were I thinking that Athena was a prospective girlfriend, I can’t see any benefits FOR telling her that I was interested in this girl…it would be insane of me to do so, yes? Furthermore, this girl has expressed interest in me in the past and, to a lesser degree, now…she goes to my college, she lives within 10 miles of me, we have similar interests and do similar subjects so we can talk a fair amount.

I have a second question: “Why would I not go for the easier option of the local girl?”
I was talking to both before I was in love and there is not a sane person who would purposely chose the most inconvenient option were he not in love. Were I always open to the idea of online dating, I’d have the presence of mind to put it on hold when a girl near me is interested in me, thus I would not have ended up falling in love and not have ended up in an online relationship.

These ARE logical steps, yeah?

Basically - what I'm saying, though counter-intuitive, it is true. Were I open to online relationships in THIS SPECIFIC situation...I would have ended up NOT in one... - if you don't understand at least, the concept that I'm trying to get across, I'd like to explain it, so tell me if that's too unclear for you, please.

quote:
IT WASN'T THE MAIN REASON YOU USED THE SITE BUT BOTH OF YOU WERE OPEN TO ONLINE DATING HENCE THE ONLINE RELATIONSHIP

Right – I refer you up near the top of this post, where I prove that you DID say the only reason single people use FB/MS is to “e-date”.

quote:
no facebook = you don't know each other exists

Congratulations! The first fact you have posted in this thread.

…erm…where’s the relevance in this statement?

[ June 19, 2009, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Andy-Laa ]

--------------------
 -

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links