Foot Fetish Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » online dating (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: online dating
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:
quote:
Originally posted by nusuth:
finally Michael P, you say that. to me, until you wrote that last bit, it sounded like you were saying that FB and MS profiles were created in an attempt to date people.

(This post also applies to National too)
He was until he was caught out and he changed his story. Not once before I pointed out how...wrong his argument is (as in, he is arguing the wrong point using the incorrect terminology and thus being ridiculously ambidextrous in his opinions so as to appear...I don't know alpha male I think...), did he say "Oh no, actually, I never said that everyone (who is single) use them solely for dating” when a few posts before:

quote:
Originally posted by Michael P
it just proves the fact single people with a public profile on myspace or facebook use it for dating

and in particular – this post. There is certainly no way he could say that what he was saying here isn’t exactly what you are reading: all single people with online profiles use them for dating)…
quote:
Originally posted by Michael P
if you are single and you have a public myspace or facebook account, you are an online dater

A spot of damage control methinks… [Roll Eyes]

Pathetic.

LOL delusional as the day is long, the only thing pathetic is how you are melting down over nothing, how old are you? i asked before but you ignored it, i'm assuming 18? either way you need to grow up

maybe work on your reading skills, i said since post number 1 that single people with public profiles are open to dating online

you took it as me saying "the only reason the profiles were created was to get dates" because you are insecure about your online relationship

going to the club just to hang out with your friends is a good analogy nusuth, i know that is the main reason many people go out but i still say people aren't being 100% honest when they say "looking for friendship" when you are clearly open to more than that

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Point 1:
quote:
Originally posted by Michael P:
nothing i said meant the main reason you created it was for dating

The contradiction being:

quote:
if you are single and you have a public myspace or facebook account, you are an online dater

the people that claim to be "looking for friendship" are full of shit

Point 2:
quote:
you seem to be awfully sensitive and insecure about the fact that you met your girl online

The contradiction being:

quote:
I’ve told you no I didn’t. I mean…what would be the motive for lying about it either way? I’m proud of my relationship and the fact it’s so strong; my parents & friends all know about it. I have no shame in being in an online relationship.

Point 3:
quote:
if you think i'm trying to bait you into getting angry, it's because you are angry

I will say in all serious – thank you for making me laugh by putting that – I’m not trying to put you down there, it just lightened the persona of you in my opinion.

Mate – I honestly have no opinions of you either way. The one thing I would say is you are a pessimist (if you want to call it “realist” then whatever) but that doesn’t affect me in any way particularly. If you want to have a generally negative view of the world – I would not dream of changing that. Fine. It’s up to you how you live your life. Poet, Phillip Larkin was similarly misanthropic and look at his fame...the relevence of this, however is nil so don't come back at me saying I'm personally attacking you or anything - (I do doubt you would, but just in case).

As for me being “angry” at you…welcome to debating, son. I mean I’m a History student and I like to debate things; it makes it more earned if you do it the proper way. Don’t think I’m angry with you at all as that is giving you far too much credit…it takes much more than that to get me rattled. You seem to think discussing this has like…changed my life or something…I’ll make a promise to you that it hasn’t.

I’ve provided evidence of your attempt to bait (not just me – people in general) and you haven’t countered that – instead, again, you have simply tried to put me down and to undermine my argument – you’re saying my emotions have got the better of me and I’m speaking out of anger it seems…well this – I’d presume – has convinced you I wasn’t, and I’m not.

As far as I can see – the strongest argument is mine (whilst I admit I’m biased) I have showed you the contradicting statements and explained how you approach debates (arguments if you want to call them that) and have pleaded with you that, for your sake, you should learn to properly argue fluently and convincingly. I shot holes in basically everything you’ve said and you haven’t attempted to explain/counter or defend them. This tells me you can’t; and so essentially, what you’re indirectly saying there…is your argument is wrong. If you can’t defend it, how can it be a correct, truth-filled argument? It can’t be.

You further go on to dismiss it with one line essentially saying “I’m not trying to make you angry, you just are”…I mean…okay then – even if I were…this doesn’t change the evidence I have presented to you that you’ve waived off in half a sentence hoping that I’d…forget it(?).

quote:
i posted in this thread before you and athens, you both came into this thread to deny the fact that people use these sites for dating, which both of you do

Erm…we do? O.o
So we were looking for it all along?…okay I really hope this point sticks this time, Mike, as I’ve gone over it twice already… please TRY to see what I am saying annd – God forbid –perhaps answer the question - …are you ready?

Okay – I would like an answer to the question: “Why would I tell Athena that I was pursuing a girl at my college before we were together?”
Were I thinking that Athena was a prospective girlfriend, I can’t see any benefits FOR telling her that I was interested in this girl…it would be insane of me to do so, yes? Furthermore, this girl has expressed interest in me in the past and, to a lesser degree, now…she goes to my college, she lives within 10 miles of me, we have similar interests and do similar subjects so we can talk a fair amount.

I have a second question: “Why would I not go for the easier option of the local girl?”
I was talking to both before I was in love and there is not a sane person who would purposely chose the most inconvenient option were he not in love. Were I always open to the idea of online dating, I’d have the presence of mind to put it on hold when a girl near me is interested in me, thus I would not have ended up falling in love and not have ended up in an online relationship.

These ARE logical steps, yeah?

Basically - what I'm saying, though counter-intuitive, it is true. Were I open to online relationships in THIS SPECIFIC situation...I would have ended up NOT in one... - if you don't understand at least, the concept that I'm trying to get across, I'd like to explain it, so tell me if that's too unclear for you, please.

quote:
IT WASN'T THE MAIN REASON YOU USED THE SITE BUT BOTH OF YOU WERE OPEN TO ONLINE DATING HENCE THE ONLINE RELATIONSHIP

Right – I refer you up near the top of this post, where I prove that you DID say the only reason single people use FB/MS is to “e-date”.

quote:
no facebook = you don't know each other exists

Congratulations! The first fact you have posted in this thread.

…erm…where’s the relevance in this statement?

blah blah blah you don't like that i point out the fact that many people use theIr myspace and facebook profiles for online dating INCLUDING YOU

and yes i am a realist, delusional people like you who use the net to have "girlfriends" you've never even shaken the hand of can't see reality, you live in a fantasy world, i live in the real world

anybody that doesn't see things your way is negative and pessimistic, anybody that agrees with you is "pwning" me [Laugh]

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

and explain to me how it would take a negative or pessimistic person to think people use myspace or facebook for online dating

i would think somebody would consider it negative thinking if they use it for dating and are somehow embarrased about that, they think it's negative to think that way because they don't want to be labeled an "online dater"

which is probably why the OP originally asked the question, he must feel that being an online dater is uncool

i look forward to hearing your "logical" explanation andy

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and explain to me how it would take a negative or pessimistic person to think people use myspace or facebook for online dating

You do understand first of all that you only enforce these points with child-like comments like the two above?
Eh - up to you.

And like I said - it is my, personal opinion that you are a negative person - you might want to read what I wrote in that paragraph before you make a bigger fool of yourself (about how I was going off-topic there, I was just stating an opinion that wasn't directly to do with the thing I was talking about).

Oh and I said that was why I thought you were pessimistic? [Roll Eyes]
Don't think so...maybe I think it as I have literally never seen a post praising the feet you wank over...or that you are usually the first to say whether a girl is fat/ugly or whatever...or maybe...just throwing ideas out here, mate [Wink] it's because you actually look for arguments despite not being able to actually make sense...a sharp tounge does not indicate a keen mind.

The reason in this case that it came to my mind was as you state the false "fact" that on line relationships don't work...it is false as...(guess what - more evidence)...so many yhave achieved it [Smile]

Btw - LOVE the first reply [Wink]
I love it when I'm proven right through the ignorance and stupidty of others [Smile]

Too much for you to read, I suppose...unlucky. I hear ignorance is its own punishment.

[ June 19, 2009, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Andy-Laa ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

quote:
quote:

You do understand first of all that you only enforce these points with child-like comments like the two above?
Eh - up to you.

And like I said - it is my, personal opinion that you are a negative person - you might want to read what I wrote in that paragraph before you make a bigger fool of yourself (about how I was going off-topic there, I was just stating an opinion that wasn't directly to do with the thing I was talking about).

Oh and I said that was why I thought you were pessimistic? [Roll Eyes]
Don't think so...maybe I think it as I have literally never seen a post praising the feet you wank over...or that you are usually the first to say whether a girl is fat/ugly or whatever...or maybe...just throwing ideas out here, mate [Wink] it's because you actually look for arguments despite not being able to actually make sense...a sharp tounge does not indicate a keen mind.

The reason in this case that it came to my mind was as you state the false "fact" that on line relationships don't work...it is false as...(guess what - more evidence)...so many yhave achieved it [Smile]

Btw - LOVE the first reply [Wink]
I love it when I'm proven right through the ignorance and stupidty of others [Smile]

Too much for you to read, I suppose...unlucky. I hear ignorance is its own punishment.

so basically i'm "negative and pessimistic" because i don't say what you want to hear

ok... [Roll Eyes]

as for not "praising the pics I wank over" LOL i have very good taste, some would say too picky but trust me it's just good taste [Smile]

a negative person would be putting down their looks, which is something i have never done, if we used your logic you are negative for not giving a compliment to the poor threads that get zero response

if i'm a bad guy for saying rosie o'donnel or any chick that doesn't post here is fat and ugly, then fine i'm a bad guy

for you to have "never" seen me give a compliment means you either aren't reading my posts or you are stuck in your delusional mind of seeing things the way you want to see them, rather than seeing things for what they are

most of the girls here are faceless foot models, i need more than just feet for me to be impressed, of the girls that post here i'm a fan of malory, she shows everything and she's hot

i have posted numerous compliments for her, sorry i don't constantly drool like a guy that would call a girl he has never even touched his "girlfriend" [Big Grin]

even though this technically is a jerkoff forum, i come here moreso for discussion

oh one more thing, one of the ways people use their mysapce and facebook is to get dates, including you, if that's offensive than i don't know how you will survive the real world, which might be why you have an online girlfriend instead of a real girlfriend

you went way off topic, the topic was online dating and you hijacked the thread just to tell me you don't like my posts

that's just your problem, don't be so negative and take the good with the bad

[ June 19, 2009, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Michael P ]

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

one more thing andy, if you ask me the people that encourage your e-relationship are not postive people at all, they are negative influences

a positive person would encurage you to get out and meet one of the thousands and thousands of girls that live close by, they wouldn't encourage you to pursue a girl that lives on another continent, you are risking financial and emotional loss for a girl you haven't even shaken hands with

try talking to girls in your area and get over the infatuation of some internet chick that isn't readily available, that is all it is infatuation and the feeling of wanting what you can't easily have

the girls in your area can't be that bad, try communicating with them in person, that is healthier than e-conversations, not to mention more real

i consider that to be postitive advice, but you'll probably think of it as negative because it isn't what you want to hear

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

PublicName
All Pro Poster
Member # 12270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PublicName     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm mostly just frustrated at the emotes you use throughout your posts, and the way you kept wording things, making me think you thought everyone who had these profiles were meant to get dates.

Anyways on the subject of online dating, I know tons of people who have both gotten together through meeting online, some have had long, healthy relationships, others even married.

The thing is, until you actually start meeting up, it really is close to just talking to someone and exchanging words, nothing physical.

Posts: 504 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links