Foot Fetish Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » online dating (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: online dating
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even tho "Sardelic" thread was a complete hack story...

http://www.wusfeetlinks.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010351

it did pose a question to me that i felt i should ask

what is everyone's thoughts or opinions on online dating

Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
if you are single and you have a public myspace or facebook account, you are an online dater

the people that claim to be "looking for friendship" are full of shit

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^ Amen

to the last line anyhow!

[ June 12, 2009, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: A&F_FootDude_05 ]

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL michael seriously, how old are you?
Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 

how old are you?

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im 19.

im sorry, but the comment about how anyone who has a public profile is an online dater is something that my father would say. or someone on talk back radio.

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael P is right...I've seen dozens and dozens of people have the looking for friendship bull and suddenly end up in a relationship.

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

quote:
Originally posted by Athena K:
im 19.

im sorry, but the comment about how anyone who has a public profile is an online dater is something that my father would say. or someone on talk back radio.

funny coming from somebody that met their "boyfriend" on facebook [Laugh]
[Laugh]

you're young, some day you will realize that daddy knows best [Wink]

[ June 12, 2009, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Michael P ]

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

quote:
Originally posted by A&F_FootDude_05:
Michael P is right...I've seen dozens and dozens of people have the looking for friendship bull and suddenly end up in a relationship.

of course

online dating is still considered to be a little taboo, people worry about looking desperate if they say they are looking for dates

i've seen girls with boyfriends have all of their "regular" pics up on these sites, once the relationship ends coincidentally they add "sexy" pics to their profile

all while claiming to be "looking for friendship" [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

wow the patronisation in this thread is almost overwhelming. and michael, regardless of your own personal ideas, can you please not put inverted commas around boyfriend.

i know of countless people who have public profiles. They make that choice simply because it makes it easier for old acquaintences to find them, because it makes their photos more accesible (of nights out and things) to people who were there but who arent their 'friends' or because they simply cant be bothered learning how to turn it off.

as for the fact that no one can be looking for 'friendship'... maybe because some people arent secure enough in themselves to be single, and enjoy that life, happy to have brief relationships, or no relationships at all... doesnt mean no one is. i feel sorry for anyone who thinks that 'out of a relationship' means 'looking for a relationship.

quote:
Originally posted by Michael P:
i've seen girls with boyfriends have all of their "regular" pics up on these sites, once the relationship ends coincidentally they add "sexy" pics to their profile

and as for that - as a someone with a boyfriend, out of respect for him there is no way i would put provocative pictures of myself on my facebook. i doubt that i would even do it if i was single, but if a girl thinks she looks hot in a picture, and she doesnt have to worry about what her bf thinks, then why shuouldnt she put it up?

this will probably be my last post about this topic. even tho i, and most of the other people on my side of the argument, have tried to present logical theories about it, while not trying to offend of ostracise, it is sad that the same cant be said of those with opposing views.

[ June 12, 2009, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Athena K ]

Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
if you are single and you have a public myspace or facebook account, you are an online dater

quote:
[Laugh]

Odd how I was actually after another girl whilst I was friends with Athena at the time... [Roll Eyes]
And no - she didn't knock me back
- and no she still isn't in a relationship to this day - about a year later
- And yes she still expresses a degree of interest in me.
So...explain that maybe? (perhaps an attempt at maturity too - I say this because it actually makes your argument...work better - up to you, anyway).

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

quote:
Originally posted by Athena K:
wow the patronisation in this thread is almost overwhelming. and michael, regardless of your own personal ideas, can you please not put inverted commas around boyfriend.

i know of countless people who have public profiles. They make that choice simply because it makes it easier for old acquaintences to find them, because it makes their photos more accesible (of nights out and things) to people who were there but who arent their 'friends' or because they simply cant be bothered learning how to turn it off.

as for the fact that no one can be looking for 'friendship'... maybe because some people arent secure enough in themselves to be single, and enjoy that life, happy to have brief relationships, or no relationships at all... doesnt mean no one is. i feel sorry for anyone who thinks that 'out of a relationship' means 'looking for a relationship.

quote:

and as for that - as a someone with a boyfriend, out of respect for him there is no way i would put provocative pictures of myself on my facebook. i doubt that i would even do it if i was single, but if a girl thinks she looks hot in a picture, and she doesnt have to worry about what her bf thinks, then why shuouldnt she put it up?

this will probably be my last post about this topic. even tho i, and most of the other people on my side of the argument, have tried to present logical theories about it, while not trying to offend of ostracise, it is sad that the same cant be said of those with opposing views.

if you are offended by people clearly using myspace and facebook for dating while claiming to be there for just friends, then i don't know what to tell you

if some rich, charming, brad pitt lookalike messages these "looking for friendship" types i highly doubt they will still be "looking for friendship"

shouldn't the main profile pic make it easy for people to figure out if that is who they are looking for? on facebook the first and last name is listed

a monkey could figure out how to turn it on or off, why would you want strangers looking at your profile if you weren't looking to meet somebody?

sure you can enjoy single life but if that hot guy/girl comes along who is going to reject them because they "love being single"? that's ridiculous, if somebody gives you that excuse they were just letting you down gently, nobody wants to be alone forever

my point about them changing their pics was proof that they were trying to attract a new guy, they didn't have the sexy pics up before because they weren't looking to attract anybody new

also these same girls have their profiles on private while in a relationship, then the profile is public once single

i don't understand why you have a problem with this, it is a fact that you met your boyfriend on facebook and there is nothing wrong with using the net for dating

[ June 12, 2009, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Michael P ]

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:
quote:

quote:
[Laugh]

Odd how I was actually after another girl whilst I was friends with Athena at the time... [Roll Eyes]
And no - she didn't knock me back
- and no she still isn't in a relationship to this day - about a year later
- And yes she still expresses a degree of interest in me.
So...explain that maybe? (perhaps an attempt at maturity too - I say this because it actually makes your argument...work better - up to you, anyway).

honestly i don't understand what you are trying to say with your post

other than you somehow being offended over me pointing out the fact you met your girl on facebook

people with public online profiles use them for dating, you of all people should know this

deal with it

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
honestly i don't understand what you are trying to say with your post

other than you somehow being offended over me pointing out the fact you met your girl on facebook

people with public online profiles use them for dating, you of all people should know this

deal with it

Deal with what...? You must be really unconvincing in - for example expressing political beliefs if your "argument" is "deal with it" - there are different takes and opinions on things - different theories...you aren't the say-all and know all of the universe.

So...I'm offended? - where's this come from?

Erm - not the content that's childish, the sarcastic undertone I was referring to. Guess you failed...nvm.

And you've just completely contradicted the fact I made about how I was using it for FRIENDSHIP whilst chasing another girl...does that not blow holes in your little "dating" theory?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually my Facebook profile IS only for catching up with friends, relatives, and old acquaintances that do a search for me. Only people on mine are folks I actually know personally and have met in the flesh.

My brother used to use online dating and meet women that way.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links