Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » I can't believe the Ducks won the cup

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I can't believe the Ducks won the cup
shaunMD
Major Player
Member # 23569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shaunMD   Email shaunMD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It should have been an Ottawa/Detroit final, with Detroit taking home the cup.

Ah well, there's always next year!

--------------------
SAY HELLO TO THE PRESIDENT OF...
oh wait, wrong forum

Posts: 112 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anaheim was the best team all year, they were consistent, and they were the traditional playoff team: big, physical, grind it out. The Ducks deserved to win the Cup, and I'm glad to see guys like Teemu Selanne, Rob Neidermayer, J.S. Giguere, and Chris Pronger get their chance to lift the cup. Sure, its not like Ray Bourque finally getting to lift it, but still. Maybe Paul Kariya gets persuaded to come back to Anaheim....nah.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to work that night...but fuck me in the ass...I sooo wanted the Sens to win...my team is the Habs..but still. Hate to mention this to ya's but next season will be interesting for the ducks...the Sens have their core locked up except for a couple of players as for the Ducks I cant say the same...I would hate to see that team broken up but after what they done to the Sens they deserve it! [Tongue]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam X
The Legend
Member # 2872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam X   Email Adam X   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flordia
Carolina
California

Unless hell gets a team or Pheonix wins the cup this may be the hottest atmoshphere to hoist sport's "coldest" championship.

--------------------
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!

Posts: 2809 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the Thrasher get all their shit together by next season, bring the Cup to Georgia....or maybe not. As far as I know, the only real question marks on the Ducks are Giguere and Selanne. Giguere's gonna be a free agent, but that may not be as bad as it sounds, because the Ducks' backup is Ilya Bryzgalov, who is an excellent goalie. They'd do well with either, but I'd like to see them keep Giguere. Either way, he's going to command quite a pretty penny, he's by far and away the best goalie free agent out there. Selanne's contract is also up, but he may retire anyway. If he doesn't decide to retire, I bet he decides to stay with the Ducks. I think he's got a few more seasons left in him, his last two have been great.

The Neidermayer Bros. are locked up for another 2 years at least, Pronger is good for another couple as well, and of course, the young guys like Getzlaf, Penner, Perry, Kunitz, Moen, and Pahlsson aren't going anywhere for another couple of years as well. I think Anaheim has a very healthy shot at repeating next season.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outback69
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outback69   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't think that the Sens were going to wilt like that...man what a disappointment for the club but you have to hand it to Anaheim, they played their hearts out...

I am happy for everyone on that team except for Pronger...or should that be Mrs. Pronger, the one who essentially held a gun to my Oiler's management and said that she wanted out. Yes, there were rumours of him sleeping with a television reporter but in the end she "hated the cold climate in Edmonton" and to me that is one of the poorest excuses. When you marry a hockey player in North America you'd better be prepared that one day he may sign with a Canadian team and be paid millions to play hockey for that team. If you can't handle that go marry a movie star or just shut up and live off the millions your husband is making. [Mad]

Anyway,

There are rumours that if Hasek re-retires Detroit will be the front-runners for Giguere. Anaheim will be tough ones to negotiate with because of Bryzgalov waiting for his crack at the NHL so look for J.S. to go elsewhere.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2030 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footspy   Author's Homepage   Email footspy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fact that Anaheim won was no surprise for me. As much as I love the Sens they always find some way to fuck it up in the playoffs. No matter how well they've done before they always seem to do something that causes them to lose. I didn't even bother watching the last game because I knew that there was no point in watching it, and I live in Ottawa, because Anaheim was going to win and they sure fucked the Sens real good with a 6-2 win.
Posts: 1750 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam X
The Legend
Member # 2872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam X   Email Adam X   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love JSG in Columbus but I have seen what happens to amazing goalies on crappy teams.

The Bulin wall became the Bulin Fall once he signed with Chicago.

--------------------
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!

Posts: 2809 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrinkle_lover
Member # 20584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrinkle_lover   Email wrinkle_lover       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever since I started watching the Senators play in 1999, they have developed a notorious reputation for choking, especially in the playoffs. Some players like Alfredson have really improved over the years but the Ducks were more consistent and deserved to win. And that is coming from a Canadian!

Better luck with the power play next year since it is pretty bad when you cannot capitalize on numerous 5 on 3's. Ottawa deserved to lose plain and simple.

Keep those wrinkled soles coming!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links