Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » tna/hogan (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: tna/hogan
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been a wrestling fan for most of my life, which is 31 years. That being said, over the last few years I don't watch it at all anymore. I really liked the shows WWF/E put on in the 80s and 90s and then when WCW began grabbing some of the talent of WWF, they were good too.

I cannot say that WWE's product is good now. It isn't. It really isn't. Sure there are some good stars that I do like such as Orton, and Santino is freaking laugh out loudness anytime he's on. But seriously, within a 3 week gap leading to a pay per view, they will pit two stars that are on the card in a match together in tag matches, triple threat matches, etc. every week before. When you finally get to that PPV, it's the fourth time in four weeks that the two wrestlers have faced each other. It has no meaning. I liked it so much better when the only time they faced off prior was in a backstage fight or something. Make me want to see that match. How WWE writers can't figure that out is beyond me.

And for the titles... C'mon! Really? It's a good idea to have 2 world titles, the Intercontinental, United States, 2 tag team belts, etc. And it isn't like these guys stay on one show anymore. There are drafts, contracts expiring, trades, blah, blah, blah that put the wrestlers wherever they're needed whenever they're needed.

None of the above commentary is to say that TNA is better in any way over the WWE. To some, it's just a nice breath of fresh air to see some different talent not facing each other for the 17 time within 3 pay per view showings.

Patrick

P.S. And if I have to hear an announcer sell how some wrestler facing Kane or Mark Henry is the "biggest challenge of their career," I'll drop the F bomb. Those two guys lose more matches than the Brooklyn Brawler did.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam X
The Legend
Member # 2872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam X   Email Adam X   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
North American wrestling is in the shitter.

I know somebody will chime in with RING OF HONOR DUDE and I'll rightly ignore them and carry on with my post.

There needs to be a complete overhaul in most of what makes TV today and the people in charge are too stupid to see this so we get the crap we've been given.

--------------------
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!

Posts: 2809 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explosivo57
Elite Trooper
Member # 14342

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explosivo57   Email Explosivo57   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DragonGate USA and CHIKARA is where its at, and EVOLVE is getting pretty good too

--------------------
Yeah! like the big toe is like the captain of the toes, but sometimes the toe next to the big toe gets so
big that there's like a power struggle and the second toe assumes control of the foot.

Posts: 336 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anflfan
Major Player
Member # 7134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anflfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Patrick! Thats cool- I don't live too far from you and I remember the days when I use to go to WWF shows at the Capital Centre...those were the days. Whats really neat is I'm good friends with alot of past divas in wrestling that I grew up watching...go figure lol
Posts: 247 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links