Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Just an observation of recent behavior here. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Just an observation of recent behavior here.
IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAmSpartachris   Email IAmSpartachris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to touch base on something I've been noticing here on Wu's for a while now.

There's been quite a bit of negative commentary and behavior on the part of some members here that I find distasteful. Perhaps some of you have noticed this as well.

I've seen needlessly rude comments to other members about their wives or girlfriends. I've seen shitty attitude towards models who post on this site, and some very ridiculous infighting and snobbery.

This bothers me quite a bit because a site like Wu's should be a place that like-minded people can come to and share and celebrate the things they have in common. The second it becomes a matter of petty pursuits like who has more fans or sabotaging the other models,when we have members showing little to no consideration for the feelings of others, then it's not worth ANYONE'S time.

Some recent comments made about member's wives have been really hurtful and needlessly so. Some comments made about Goddess Elizabeth, one of the nicest and most genuine models this site has had the privilege to host were completely uneccesary and rude.

We all have differing opinions, and we are all entitled to those opinions. And I'm sure some folks are going to respond to this post in a negative or defensive way, and that's fine. I'm not arguing that anyone has to see things my way. What I AM saying is that the ladies who share themselves with us here deserve respect. The members who share pictures of their wives and girlfriends deserve respect, as do their significant others for sharing in and encouraging their lifestyles and allowing them to share those results here with us.

It's damned easy to just toss off a hurtful comment or pass judgment and call it opinion. It's also just as easy to show a little class.

I've been a member here for 6 years, and this kind of thing never used to go on here. We always seemed to have a core membership that understood respect and were grateful to the ladies who share their time and pictures with us.

Personally, I'd like to see a bit more of that here lately.

Just MY opinion.

Your mileage may vary.

[ May 29, 2010, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: IAmSpartachris ]

Posts: 712 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. What I think has happened is that as time has passed, more and more people have found what an amazing forum this is. With more people comes more personalities - not all of which are going to mesh with the previously established standard.

I've peeked into a few other forums, but I've always stayed with this one because of the bonds that I felt many people here have come to share. It's always been a great place to talk about the fetish and even non-fetish items.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18266 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would agree completely with both of those posts. I've always been of the "If you can't say something nice, shut the fuck up" mentality. I don't like every picture I've ever seen posted here but if I don't like something I move along to the next thing and if I do like it I try and find a moment to make a comment to acknowledge that. Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion and to their right to free speech, I just don't understand why or what good being disrespectful of anyone contributing to the hobby or sharing in our mutual interest in the fetish does for anyone other than to provide reasons for others to lessen their participation and ruin things for those who enjoy the things they have to offer. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

--------------------
I Love My Sweet Angel Shawna

http://Drunk24-7.tumblr.com/

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....the fuck is going on?!?!?

o.O

Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PublicName
All Pro Poster
Member # 12270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PublicName     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreein' with Drunk here. if you can't think of something nice, don't even start tapping away on the keyboard. This is supposed to be a community for peopel with similar interests. Now of course tehre's some extras..and people will obviously have different PREFERENCES. People are here to post what they like, if you like it too, that's good for you, if not, zip your lips and move to the next thread.

I don't see how difficult that is..

Posts: 504 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheSoleMates
Member # 28971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheSoleMates   Author's Homepage   Email TheSoleMates   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way I see it is this is a foot fetish forum, not a flaming forum. Be respectful or be gone. Constructive criticism is fine but blatant rude or disrespectful commentary should be kept in your own mind.
Posts: 1562 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robotron2084
The Legend
Member # 33263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robotron2084   Email Robotron2084   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You took the words right off of my keyboard! [Smile] I've noticed the same and it irritates the heck out of me. Patrick made a good point about the broad demographic of people on Wu's and it is something we'll have to deal with.

I also believe it can be related to the generation gap that exists in all online communities. Some of the same shenanigans that pushed people away from My Space is happening on Face Book too as users migrate from one to the other.

Common sense says if you don't have anything worthy to contribute, then don't! Common sense of course means different things to different people. The real question in my mind is what to do about it?

--------------------
Starkey
F.N.F.G.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fby1k

Posts: 2788 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there's no need for the hate. we all love feet and that is what we should be celebrating. it's sad when others use derogatory comments against other fetishists to further their own foot fetish agendas.

we are all brethren here. keep the dream alive fellas

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foot Fetish Artist
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot Fetish Artist   Author's Homepage   Email Foot Fetish Artist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see the need to belittle the personal contributions members make, even if they don't float my boat. Why unnecessarily ruin the enjoyment of others? If I like something a member here has posted, and have the time, I give positive feedback. If I don't care for what has been shared, I usually keep my thoughts to myself. (One exception to this would be posts about celebrity feet, which I think are a bit different.) Alternately, I may say something along the lines of "It's not for me, but I know many here will enjoy it, so thanks for sharing."

Choosing kindness over cruelty seems like such a simple concept; however, many either fail to grasp or choose to ignore it.

--------------------
FootFetishArtist.com

Posts: 1779 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAmSpartachris   Email IAmSpartachris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, guys.

Glad to see I'm not alone in noticing this trend.

Posts: 712 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamaicanfeet
All Pro Poster
Member # 16678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jamaicanfeet   Author's Homepage   Email jamaicanfeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This post should be stickied for all to see.

I've seen some amazing feet....nice smooth soless...properly pedicured toes...that get only 3 or 4 comments. While I've seen some horrendous, chubby, calloused, unpainted feet that get pages of comments. I will comment on the pair of feet that I think are amazing but I will leave the horrendous feet for whoever wants to comment. My point is...To each his own. It takes a lot for these women to pose for these pics since a lot of them do not understand or really embrace the fetish but they do it to please their significant others who in turn do it for us. I don't recall ever making a negative comment on a picture post because i'm of the belief that If you dont have anything good to say...don't say anything at all. All thats needed is a certain level of maturity in what you say. I'm sure most of the negative comments are from people that have never posted a pic in their life or have prolly never even touched or worshipped a sexy pair of feet. The bottom line is...Be mature in your comments...Negative comments are NEVER needed ANYWHERE.

Just my 2c

--------------------
http://www.clips4sale.com/store/47323
http://www.facebook.com/jacanfeet2012

Http://www.twitter.com/jacanfeet
http://www.youtube.com/user/jacanfeet

Posts: 643 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maverick Matrix
All Pro Poster
Member # 2989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maverick Matrix   Email Maverick Matrix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spartachris, I've felt this way for awhile so you were never alone. Sometimes after yoo come across a number of negative posts it kinda defeats the purpose of coming here. At times, I just won't even look at the forum because of someone's ignorant comment(s). What a shame that some people will ruin it for others. Also, Drunk, you hit the nail on the head. Don't speak if you don't have something nice to say. This topic has everything I've been thinking about for awhile. Glad someone finally said it.
Posts: 649 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Goddess Elizabeth is a good case in point.

Here is a lady who is perhaps the most approachable, genuine and generous of all the models who post here.

Over the last couple of years, she has shared a ton of pics with us, shared facts about her life and her lifestlye (and this IS her actual lifestyle as opposed to some models who drop in here from time to time simply to sell stuff).

There have been some truly hateful and hurtful things said to or about her in chat and on the board. Most of those things seem to be born out of a personal agenda or two, and I suppose that no matter how cool the general community here is, that kind of thing can't be entirely avoided, shameful as it is.

It's the folks who need to jump on the bandwagon and compound the issue by voicing nonsensical nasty commentary just to add to the hurt that are really showing their complete and utter lack of class.

Elizabeth is a person first and foremost. A human being with feelings. As are all the other ladies here, and their partners.

This is the thing I think that needs to be remembered most.

Foot Fetish Artist
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot Fetish Artist   Author's Homepage   Email Foot Fetish Artist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And before someone swoops in declaring that this thread is somehow an attack on free speech, let me add that I believe people absolutely have the right to post unfavorable comments if they wish to do so. Criticism, especially when it's constructive, isn't automatically a bad thing. However, ad hominem attacks are a bit juvenile, and don't bring anything positive to our community.

--------------------
FootFetishArtist.com

Posts: 1779 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dougiezerts
The Legend
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dougiezerts   Email dougiezerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people leave negative comments just for the sake of being nasty.
Can it, trolls!

--------------------
"You have very nice feet!"

Posts: 3712 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links