Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Thoughts on Wikifeet? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Thoughts on Wikifeet?
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this topic on the Mousepad, but since I don't have an account there, I couldn't comment on it. So I'm going to bring it here.

Anyway, I think the site--for what it's delivering--is great. A nice collaborative effort to bring together pictures of celebs' feet, and not just Hollywood celebs either but women from all over the world. Though the requirement of them needing an imdb page is somewhat limiting (but I guess it helps for verification, and to keep the everywoman from making herself a gallery).

However, has great as the site is, it's not all good. As far as I know, there's really only one person running the site, and the site is steadily becoming too big for one person to manage. On that note, there also needs to be some kind of quality control, to help keep bad and/or offensive pictures out.

Not to mention the userbase. I guess since its a fetish site with Youtube-style comments sections on its pages, it was a given that it'd be a haven for crazed loons. Plus, the Emma Stone obsession is out of control; she is currently the top-rated celeb on the site and anytime any celeb gets above her, her fans will downvote the new girl to assure that their "queen" stays at the top (one guy is so obsessed that all of his posts on other celebs pages are about how the celeb in question is hideous compared to Emma and votes accordingly).

As for the design of the site itself, I think it can stand to use forums (to make it easier for feedback and seeing what the people there think of how the site's operating) and improved profile pages. Also, it looks like after you make an account, your email is set; I don't see any email change setting anywhere on my profile page, which is unacceptable in the event I need to use a new email address.

That's all I can think of right now. Feel free to post your thoughts.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scotty7493
All Pro Poster
Member # 13127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scotty7493         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Browsed Wikifeet a couple times.

Didn't think much of it.

Don't care to go back either.

--------------------
Like my avatar pic? Apparently Imageshack loves female feet too!

Posts: 517 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RJFoot
The Legend
Member # 37988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RJFoot   Email RJFoot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's a great site, and it even has "lesser-known" celebs! I do think that it needs forums as well. Some of the pics have amazing quality and love the close ups, too!

--------------------
"For me, the most beautiful aspect of the female foot is the soft, sensual, feminine curves of the soles to the crowning glory of the toes"

Posts: 2814 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dougiezerts
The Legend
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dougiezerts   Email dougiezerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree it needs quality control. Some of the comments left are downright nasty. Still, they do have great photos of celebrities. I've posted a few photos myself.
Adding a forum is a good idea.

--------------------
"You have very nice feet!"

Posts: 3711 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rider Aldebaran:
Anyway, I think the site--for what it's delivering--is great.

I've checked it a couple times for random stuff, and I agree with the part about "for what it's delivering". If you're looking for celebrity feet and you're not too particular about what you're looking for (or you really like toe shots), you can't go wrong.

Of course, if you're looking for sole shots, you're probably gonna be disappointed. But apparently, that's not what they're delivering.

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
octoberbaseball
Hall Of Famer
Member # 20977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for octoberbaseball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's an amazing site I check that site as often as this one, every single day. Everyday they have updates. They even update daily. They have pictures from like every single celebrity out there. Celebrities who I would never think I would ever see their feet have been shown on that website. My opinion, it's a great website.
Posts: 2004 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footboy1
The Legend
Member # 4549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footboy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few users on Norton Safeweb have said that one of the popup adds on the site contains a virus...

so be careful.

-footboy1

--------------------
Foot fetish is a thirst that can never be quenched.

Posts: 3101 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by footboy1:
A few users on Norton Safeweb have said that one of the popup adds on the site contains a virus...

so be careful.

-footboy1

I have never gotten any popups while on the site. Then again, I'm using FireFox with a popup blocker, but it usually notifies me when it blocks one.

As for the banner ads, I use Ad Block Plus to block the more annoying ones.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that it is a fine site as a resource; you see a gal in a movie or on TV who piques your interest, this is a good "first-place-to-go" to look for the starlet's feet.

Still, it is a grab-bag as far as the quality of the photos (Lord Lucan is far superior in this regard). Most of the comments on the various stars are pretty innocuous, as far as I've seen.

I haven't had any trouble with pop-ups or ads.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hawk_md
Member # 11212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hawk_md   Email hawk_md   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is free, if you start adding all those extras sooner or later it will need to be "members only" which means money. Lord Lucan is an example. I think it is a great site and visit at least once a day.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty good for celeb feet...with some less known foot models on there, overall pretty good.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18317 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footboy1
The Legend
Member # 4549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footboy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rider Aldebaran:
quote:
Originally posted by footboy1:

so be careful.

-footboy1

I have never gotten any popups while on the site. Then again, I'm using FireFox with a popup blocker, but it usually notifies me when it blocks one.

As for the banner ads, I use Ad Block Plus to block the more annoying ones.

Ah yes, come to think of it they were on about one of the banner ads... my bad [Wink]

I use FireFox with the popup blocker and Ad Block Plus as well, it is SO much better than Internet Explorer. [Smile] [Thumbs Up]

-footboy1

--------------------
Foot fetish is a thirst that can never be quenched.

Posts: 3101 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hibachi
Board Regular
Member # 41548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hibachi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wikifeet is somewhat a decent site for celeb pics.

The selling point for this is that it holds a large quantity of celebs.

At times celebs that have a bevy of pics, take a while to load since the content/comments are all loaded at once. pagination or some javascript can help decrease loading times.

Videos are only posted in the comments instead of the gallery.

Users can only interact each other within the comments.

FWIW, wikifeet seems to standout from the quantity of celebs not quality.

The poor organization and non-existant community of the site keeps it from contending with the major sites like hitw and lord lucan.

Posts: 19 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetiesandtoes
Hall Of Famer
Member # 32674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetiesandtoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pretty good site

--------------------
Always hopeful for a pretty pair of feet in my face

Posts: 1955 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLover36
Elite Trooper
Member # 22908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLover36   Email FootLover36   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the site, it's a brilliant source for celebrity feet.

It also has pics of celebrities whose feet are quite hard to find on the net.

--------------------
Smelly, sweaty feet RULE!!!

Posts: 277 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links