Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Poll: Research for BHE & Site's Future (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Poll: Research for BHE & Site's Future
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone,

Just to be up front before anyone asks me, this is something I am doing on my own. Just trying to help Phil and BHE out a little here by trying to figure out what sections of Wu's main site are the most important to you.

Keep in mind some of these sections have fallen by the way side for many years. Although we all love what Wu built, there are some sections of the site that could be pruned to make updates and maintaining the site easier.

Again, none of this is official, or what will result in how BHE handles this site. But I just think it might be worthwhile to have the feedback for them if they're pondering what to keep and/or focus on.

Thanks for taking part!

Patrick

Poll Information
This poll contains 14 question(s). 125 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18272 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lordsoysauce
Major Player
Member # 2193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lordsoysauce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I have to admit that I was pretty stumped on what to pick for #5.
Posts: 242 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phil at BHE
Administrator
Member # 3361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phil at BHE   Author's Homepage   Email Phil at BHE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update...

Wu had 2,716 pages that had the navigation directory. Imagine the problem he faced if he wanted to change any element of the navigation set. I have edited those pages to be replaced with a single 'include' file which allows me to edit one document and have the change appear on each of the 2,716 pages.

Having done that, I culled some really old pages that had a plethora of broken links and were unchanged since 2005 or so. Removed from the navigation set are the following pages:

Cam Shows
Video Room
Movies
Foot Parties

I will be glad to reinstate any page that is deemed valuable by the community especially if some folks have some updates for these pages. A hearty THANK YOU to Patrick for putting up the poll which confirms that many items are not really of value to the community.

I am leaving the stories in place since some folks may discover them with a less-cluttered menu and because as static items they don't really require any maintenance.

We have as a top priority finding an easy to use but effective tool for handling contributions and feature model submissions and an updated viewing method that doesn't require backing up to thumbs to select the next image. We hope to have a slide show format that runs automatically or by selection of next or previous. We will not get rid of the years of history, but will set it as a separate item that is contribution archives so they stay with us for as long as the site lives.

Thank you to all of you for your acceptance of me acting as WuTwo and for your support of this community.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the idea of a slide show for the contributions page.

Two concerns: saving images, and displaying the slide show. It's easier to save images with thumbnails. Also, since contributions are not uniform in size and/or resolution, a slide show format would have to shrink/alter images.

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problem Phil. I'd love to see what people are saying after a few days of this poll going strong. Some sections of the site, such as the ones you mention, were ones I thought wouldn't be missed. But you never know. Everyone likes different things and that's why I thought a poll would be a great way to at least see some of those views.

One thing I've also been thinking of is redesigning the Hall of Fame page. Maybe update it with the entries that have been inducted, but include a 2014 induction of Wu, himself. No one else goes in, at least this year. If it is something that would be of interest, perhaps we could set up some kind of panel to make nominations for future entries and let everyone determine via a poll on who gets in.

And please, by all means everyone, do as Combine Hunter has done by bringing up points you may have here. Let's try and keep it all in this thread to make it easier for anything Phil wants to find, research, etc.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18272 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

quote:
Originally posted by combine_hunter:
I like the idea of a slide show for the contributions page.

Two concerns: saving images, and displaying the slide show. It's easier to save images with thumbnails. Also, since contributions are not uniform in size and/or resolution, a slide show format would have to shrink/alter images.

While I'm not sure what Phil is planning on using, don't many of the slide show codes shrink images down for the display window, but if you save them, they're at full scale? I know I've saved images from some before that were much larger than what was displayed. Basically, it will scale it down for view, but full size when saved. I might be wrong, but I think that exists.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. You're right, Patrick. What I meant was for display.
Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patrick

Any way to make this a 'sticky' thread so it stays on top of the what's new posting list?

I only was aware of a poll by reading Phil's comment in another thread and do a search on your post.

A sticky area could also have a thread on how to post images and other faq questions.

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd personally would rather keep the contribution section as it is..thumbnails with basic links to the full sized images.

If we go to slide shows...would that mean Flash or Flex? It makes it harder on some tablet devices. I already have problems on my Android device not seeing images hosted in photobucket.

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Oneagain,

This this thread has been a sticky since I posted it. It should be on the top of all the other threads. There are also posts in some of the rules and regulations areas and such on how to post the images and what photo hosting places to use/not use. If you're having a specific problem, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Hmm...I suppose I mean the Welcome Page...the latest post section. I would wager many people are using that as their portal into the forum.

Sine the pill is very important...could it be referenced from the Welcome Page...maybe bring it out a little so people know it is important. At this time only 26 people have voted...would hate to not have everyone have their say.

Reason I mention the 'how to post's thread is the question comes up every few months!

Thanks

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

I can see about reworking and making the rules/regulations area easier, if possible. I just don't want to delete Wu's posts as that just feels wrong. Not sure if I even can touch that area since it was made by an administrator, not a moderator.

As for poll I only posted it last night at midnight. Not sure most people were up at that point and are probably working today. It's going to stay up for a bit. More people will see it, but if Phil wants to put a link to it somehow on the main page of Wu's, that would be fine. Only thing is you can't vote unless you're a forum member, so you'd have to be here and signed in to do it anyhow.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

426 HEMI
Board Regular
Member # 769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 426 HEMI   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the contribution page should stay how it has been, because the thumbnails are better to click on for a full sized HD image... IMO of course.
Posts: 34 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Ok...sounds good Patrick!
sole arch-bishop
Major Player
Member # 30462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sole arch-bishop   Email sole arch-bishop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Patrick's idea for the Hall of Fame. I suspect the models appreciate it as well. Put Wu in this year and perhaps one of his all time favorites (if known), and that's it for this year. I for one would enjoy voting. Thanks again to Phil and Patrick for their efforts to keep this beloved site going!
Posts: 192 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links