Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Poll: Research for BHE & Site's Future (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Poll: Research for BHE & Site's Future
Feet of Philly
Hall Of Famer
Member # 20091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Feet of Philly   Author's Homepage   Email Feet of Philly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for doing this, guys! I voted. I'd also like to volunteer my help and time to keep making this the best there is. Please feel free and PM me if anyone needs anything or any help.

--------------------
www.feetofphilly.com
www.barelylegalfootjobs.com
www.phillybuttsluts.com
 -
 -

-

Posts: 1720 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the support ladies and gentleman. I know what I'm trying to organize I will need help from others. I will certainly be keeping you posted.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18272 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Douglas D
Board Regular
Member # 40580

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Douglas D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of professional curiosity, besides the forum, does the site rely on a database for structure or anything or is it more a collection of static pages pointed at each other? The number of pages suggest static pages.

I am a fairly young programmer who works mainly with sites of a model-view-constructor base. I was wondering because from a maintentance and ease of change standpoint it'd be nice to be more database dependent, but I understand it has a significant time investment for setup.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feetosopher
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Feetosopher   Author's Homepage   Email Feetosopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many thanks to Patrick, Phil and anyone else (at BHE and not) putting such a great effort to keep Wu's Feet Links not only alive, but kicking!
I was glad to cast my vote in the poll.
My IT expertise is sub-zero, but as a talent-scout/shooter I'd really be interested in a revived Hall of Fame (great idea, Patrick! [Thumbs Up] ).
I will obviously be glad to showcase my best models in the "contributions" section.. I have some new BAREFOOT NUDITY models that IMMO are worth it.. [Wink]
My best wishes for success, and many thanks again to everybody! [Cool]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2362 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footboy1
The Legend
Member # 4549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footboy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
One thing I've also been thinking of is redesigning the Hall of Fame page. Maybe update it with the entries that have been inducted, but include a 2014 induction of Wu, himself. No one else goes in, at least this year.
Now, I LOVE that idea.

-footboy1

--------------------
Foot fetish is a thirst that can never be quenched.

Posts: 3101 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chanceparks
Board Regular
Member # 24996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chanceparks   Email chanceparks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me the contribution pages are the most important. I always felt a "Links Site" is a source for new places to go on the WWW ! My browser automatically sizes the images to fill the screen. I like the idea of a slideshow, but the ones I have seen didn't have that feature. Either way, the Contribution Page is important to me.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chanceparks
Board Regular
Member # 24996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chanceparks   Email chanceparks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will also miss Wu, although I know his Links are in good hands. I first got on the WWW in 1996, and after a couple months and learning what I was doing, I bookmarked about 6 or 7 Foot Links. After a year or so, it was down to Wu's. It was all I needed and I'm still here. Thank You Wu !
Posts: 6 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soft sole lover
Major Player
Member # 2540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soft sole lover   Email soft sole lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the status of getting the contribution section back and going?
Posts: 239 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phil at BHE
Administrator
Member # 3361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phil at BHE   Author's Homepage   Email Phil at BHE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are working as hard as possible on getting the contribution set function live again. I just reworked the display to make it more uniform and added back the sets that were posted in 2003 and 2004. We will keep the format of a post as it is now where you click on a thumb to see the full-size picture and click or backspace back to the thumbnails to select the next picture.

I am working on adding a contribution page to collect the text input and an upload function similar to the uploader used on Shutterfly.

I know it is important, and I'll get it live as soon as we can get it in place and tested. I'm sorry it has taken this long so I'll quit typing and keep working on it [smile]!

Phil
770-682-4808

Posts: 11 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phil, we all understand. It's never easy to go into someone else's site, especially one that might not be done the way you'd do it, and have an easy time with it.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18272 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LickHerSoles
Hall Of Famer
Member # 5302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LickHerSoles   Email LickHerSoles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Voted A lot of the thing i dont look at cause i just have the forum bookmarked but i voted thre still a lot of great stuff on the home page i always looked at back in the day [Smile]

--------------------
LickHerSoles aka llcoolj58

Posts: 1016 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stopyczek
Loyal Member
Member # 9888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stopyczek   Email stopyczek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There wasn't a question allowing for comments, so I wanted to post one here, if it is OK.

I think I'd visit the forum a lot more if it were not white print on black background. That really gives me a headache.

Posts: 53 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wu II - Phil
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wu II - Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
============
ANNOUNCEMENT
============

The Contribution tool is now in place. Please upload only .jpg files. Picture sets that are a multiple of 4 pictures [ie. 4, 8, 12, etc] will provide a balanced posting set of thumbnails.

The link to the contribution tool is at the top of the contribution page and I hope the instructions are complete enough that the process will be easy for all contributors.

Contribution sets will no longer be posted on only Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but instead will be posted as they arrive!

If you have questions please contact me at the number below.

Phil
770-682-4808

--------------------
www.wusfeetlinks.com

Posts: 1520 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

quote:
Originally posted by stopyczek:
There wasn't a question allowing for comments, so I wanted to post one here, if it is OK.

I think I'd visit the forum a lot more if it were not white print on black background. That really gives me a headache.

Yeah, that's been a staple for Wu's Feetlinks since the beginning of time. I, however, when setting up the Interviews/Columns Blogs decided to have the text areas white with black text instead. I'm sure this can be changed. Maybe a black background, but where the reading areas are, white background with black text?

What does everyone else think?

Patrick

--------------------
 -

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black background is fine...easier on the eyes. Kind of why Android phones are better than iPhones...easier to read. Plus I think Wu kept it that way for a reason as well.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18373 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links