Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » Price of gas...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Price of gas...
Captain Morgan
Major Player
Member # 29917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Morgan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else upset about this? I live in Canada and when you convert our price($1.20/liter) to an Imperial gallon (American$$) it totals to $4.56 a gallon. Americans I think are paying $3.38/gallon which is still too much. Way too much. No?
Posts: 224 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There`s actually a six page long thread about it here:

http://www.wusfeetlinks.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000297

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hal:
There`s actually a six page long thread about it here:

http://www.wusfeetlinks.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000297

-Hal-

That thread started in the fall of '05 too. I haven't looked at the first page of it since then and I noticed lots of members on it that have left the forum.

Well, the price of oil is of course affected by the current state of affairs in the middle east. War, saber rattling, etc tend to hike the prices of barrels of oil thus increasing the price at the pump. I don't think gasoline will ever drop down below $3 a gallon again now that it has pushed over that hurdle.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The oil companies are predictable about it too. We just hit $3.70 per gallon. Just in time for the memorial day weekend (the beginning of the busy summer driving season). We'll see it fall by a couple off cents soon, but then it'll go back up and stay there.
I saw on the news last night that some clown that owns a gas station by the Orlando Intl' Airport is charging $5.19 per gallon. He doesn't show it on his sign, but he does have it on his pumps. So, he claims he's not breaking any gouging laws, just taking advantage of his location. (right next to several Rent-A-Car services) Freakin' greedy bastard!

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain Morgan
Major Player
Member # 29917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Morgan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just filled up for our long weekend here in Canada.$1.41/liter(up .20cents in less than a month),which converted is $5.36/gallon. And 39% of that is provicial and federal taxes!
No,no gouging going on is there. How do you rationalize that?

Posts: 224 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leo1000
Elite Trooper
Member # 21194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leo1000   Author's Homepage   Email leo1000   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The price here in new glasgow nova scotia canada at the moment is $1.31.6 a litre

--------------------
Leo MacDonald

Posts: 260 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
F18Hornet
Elite Trooper
Member # 11172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for F18Hornet   Email F18Hornet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$5 a gallon and you're complaining? Try living in the UK. My local forecourt just put their prices up to £1.20 (US$2.30) a litre, 70% of which is tax. That makes it £5.40 ($10.35) a gallon. As Monty Python put it in Life of Brian, "They've bled us dry, the bastards!"
Posts: 343 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently what is pushing the prices up more drastically then really should be is the "speculators". The people that are hired by the oil companies to talk to the press about current demand and mideast pressure and anything else they can think up that justifies a increase in price. Bastards they are...hey Leo..as a side note I'm a stone's throw away in PEI...just moved back her from Halifax!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tweener
Major Player
Member # 1630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tweener     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately it's not going to change because the oil companies have a monopoly on the energy industry and they'll fight like hell to keep it. The United States government should've started addressing this problem way back in the '60s when demand exceeded domestic supply. Now demand is starting to take off in China and India. The only way oil will go back to being between $1-$2 per gallon is by the emergence of alternative fuels. By the time they get alternative fuel vehicles mass-produced for the market, however, the industrialized countries on this planet may be so deep in recession that they will take years to recover, if they can recover at all. Bluetoelover is right, though; alot of this is from speculators outbidding each other and running the price up.
Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links