Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » Really....How much can Obama get done?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Really....How much can Obama get done?
Captain Morgan
Major Player
Member # 29917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Morgan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He has a mandate for 4 years ,but how much can he really get done? It will take a few years to even see the results of his election promises to be effective.
Posts: 224 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's not gonna be a miracle worker, but I think we all expect him to at least lay the groundwork for improvements in future administrations. These things take time. He knows that. If he does anything more than lay the foundation for the future, I'd say it's a pretty successful presidency.

Anyone who expects everything to just magically improve immediately, or even within the next 4 years is fooling themselves. Getting out of Iraq will help tremendously, but it won't fix the economy all alone. It's gonna take some sweeping reform to do that. Obama's task is to at least get the ball rolling on that one.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain Morgan
Major Player
Member # 29917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Morgan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Salvy_Mic:
He's not gonna be a miracle worker, but I think we all expect him to at least lay the groundwork for improvements in future administrations. These things take time. He knows that. If he does anything more than lay the foundation for the future, I'd say it's a pretty successful presidency.

Anyone who expects everything to just magically improve immediately, or even within the next 4 years is fooling themselves. Getting out of Iraq will help tremendously, but it won't fix the economy all alone. It's gonna take some sweeping reform to do that. Obama's task is to at least get the ball rolling on that one.

Hopefully his successers will continue his foundations.
Posts: 224 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This mess didn't happen overnight. I lost my job LAST year two weeks before Christmas, due to the construction slow down here in Florida a full 9 months before Wall Street collapsed. So like Salvy_Mic says, we won't see immediate results.

No matter Who got elected a LOT of things need to be done and fixed before we'll see any improvement. I was never 100% behind either one. But they were the best of those that offered themselves for the job.

That's one of the greatest things about this country. Anyone can grow up to be President. It's just a matter of wanting to try. We had 4 years since "Duh-Bya" got reelected. All I recall is a lot of people bitchin', but nobody volunteering to run for the office. I think we all need to back off and give the man a chance.

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mona
Foot Model
Member # 8351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mona   Email Mona   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still think it is more about us than Obama.To get him elected both he and we did our parts,and this should remain the case.I remember a quote Roosevelt made after a group who wanted some type of reform or other had pleaded their case to him."Okay, you've convinced me. Now go out and put pressure on me."

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 1120 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fate111
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fate111   Email Fate111   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
He's not gonna be a miracle worker

OH MY GOD!!! You mean,... there's going to be no CHANGE like he promised!?!?!?

I still want to see the magic trick he's going to do that he promised during the presidential debates with the whole "94 percent of Americans will get a tax cut." I don't know what math class he took, but as far as I can see, 6 percent of the population isn't going to be supporting 94 percent of it.... Where will the money come from to help balance the budget?

Hmmmmm,.... businesses and corporations? Yeah, probably. And, of course, those businesses and corporations won't raise their bottom lines,... right?

Hope everyone who voted for him will be happy in other year or two when that "tax credit" most will get evaporates in front of their eyes when it all goes towards paying more money for the stuff they'll be buying from businesses.... You know,... stuff like food, clothes, utility bills, etc..

--------------------
"I like feet... A lot!"

Posts: 2167 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bootman
All Pro Poster
Member # 1280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bootman   Email Bootman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But as far as laying the foundation for change and our future to put it in the right direction, who's to say they won't change the house plans for which the foundation was laid if he doesn't get elected a second term? We've all seen plenty of good things put into action and the money allocated to them changed withdrawn and what not to put money and funding into other not so great ideas.

As far as you say fate111 things are rising due to inflation as it is and companies keep getting a break from the bush administration yet, prices continue to rise. Why??? Mainly because of the tax cut and the overhead that business pulls from the great tax cuts they've recieved while the rest of us pull the weight in the working class. Exxon mobile pulled a quarterly profit that was record of somewhere around 10trillion about a year ago... A quarter. That's 3 months. While we were all paying at the time just around 3 dollars a gallon. Recently the prices have dropped but they always do around and after election times.

A profit is something after all other expenses. Including their "research for alternative fuels" Which are nowhere nearly as profitable for a corporation like exxon. Seein as most alternative fuels are self sufficient and/or recyclable.

why should a company pulling billions to trillions in profit get a tax cut? While the rest of us pay extra in taxes for the things that are necessary? Companies making that kind of money shouldn't be relied on entirely to pull the economy or our government but they should be suffering the same tax rates and everything else we all do. Just because you make shit tons of money, doesn't mean you should pay less in taxes than the working class people, nor should you be taxed any more than that. But if we're all in this together it should be a fair chance, and if we're falling then these companies should be trying to help just as much as the public to pull this country from the rut in which we've fallen.

--------------------
I've got a fetish for sexy female feet. Everybody knows. I love it.

Posts: 675 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mona
Foot Model
Member # 8351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mona   Email Mona   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fate111:
quote:
[qb] He's not gonna be a miracle worker

OH MY GOD!!! You mean,... there's going to be no CHANGE like he promised!?!?!?
Do you just really enjoy employing strawman arguments? I am pretty sure,actually positive,salvy said he isn't a miracle worker(in other words he can't clean up the disaster of the last 8 years brought on by a republican president with a flick of his magic wand) no where did he say there would be no change.

quote:

I still want to see the magic trick he's going to do

Hmm i spoke too soon.I guess you are looking for Magic.

My suggestion is,if you want to see Obama do something,how about waiting till he is actually the President?

The vitriolic sentiment from those who didnt support Obama is getting old.Why is it so many right leaning members can't come in here and discuss this without coming off as YELLING (the capitalization is an impersonation) at those who support him?

[ December 03, 2008, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Mona ]

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 1120 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links