Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Any anime fans?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any anime fans?
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While doing my paper route this morning, my friend and I got into a conversation over the old show Robotech, and this got me so nostalgic for the good ol' days of shows like Macross, Battle of the Planets (Gatchaman), Star Vengers (Getta Robo G), and Tranzor Z (Mazinger Z).

So my question is, do we have any fans of anime on the forums? What shows or movies do you like?

Some of my favorites:
Macross
Macross Plus
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Mospeada (Genesis Climbers)
Gall Force
Bubblegum Crisis
Genesis Survivor Gaiarth
Maison Ikkoku
Guyver
Area 88
Ninja Scroll
Fist of the Northstar (Hokuto no Ken)
Vampire Hunter D
Black Magic M-66
Robot Carnival
Akira
Project A-Ko
Mermaid Forest
Riding Bean
Kimagure Orange Road
Gunbuster
and a ton more

I don't have anything against the XXX anime, but I think it's pretty sad that a lot of people equate anime in general with big eyed girls getting molested, and not the cool ultra-violent stuff.

If anybody is a Macross fan, I could sit and talk about Macross all day long. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkmate
Major Player
Member # 1483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkmate   Email Checkmate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely wouldn't qualify as much of an otaku, but for what it's worth, I grew up watching G-Force: Battle of the Planets pretty religiously as a very young child. Later on, my attraction to Japanimation morphed into the form of a Voltron obsession. I still have my Matchbox 11" die-cast Voltron III Deluxe Lion Set with the detachable lions that I acquired in the mid-1980s sitting in its original box. Joy.

[Big Grin]

Checkmate

Posts: 144 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bootman
All Pro Poster
Member # 1280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bootman   Email Bootman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohoo. I have to say, my bro got me into the anime scene, i havent really broadened on it by myself, but Project Ako was the funniest thing iever saw to date. We had it on subtitles on a Vhs when i was just a young'in yet. lol Oh my god that was a hilarious anime. And since my bro was big into it and his friends were too, we'd get to gether and watch alot of anime most weekends and such. Good stuff. The last thing two things i remember watching that were anime were Ghost in a shell, and Something Star...I cant remember what it was, but the one with Star in the title was a series of like 5 Dvd's i believe. Either way, good stuff. Thanks for list lou, i'll check into some of the stuff you listed there. But Project a-ko is by far my favorite yet.

--------------------
I've got a fetish for sexy female feet. Everybody knows. I love it.

Posts: 675 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Checkmate:
I definitely wouldn't qualify as much of an otaku, but for what it's worth, I grew up watching G-Force: Battle of the Planets pretty religiously as a very young child. Later on, my attraction to Japanimation morphed into the form of a Voltron obsession. I still have my Matchbox 11" die-cast Voltron III Deluxe Lion Set with the detachable lions that I acquired in the mid-1980s sitting in its original box. Joy.

[Big Grin]

Checkmate

You are aware of the Battle of the Planets DVD releases, right? Those are a fanboy like mine's dream come true! [Big Grin]

Each DVD has two episodes of Battle of the Planets (the Sandy Frank American release), one episode of G-Force (the Ted Turner repackaged release) and, hold onto your hat, the corresponding and remastered subtitled Japanese original Gatchaman episodes! [Thumbs Up]

It'll amaze you at how much was editted out of the American syndication of that show. Gatchaman is still impressive today. That animation and story-telling was way ahead of it's time.

I've got the first six DVD's, and look forward to the rest of them. I can't wait to see the episodes that never made it over. You know Zoltar turns out to be a girl, right? After her identity is revealed, she drops the mask and goes the rest of the series that way.

Jason winds up taking a suicide mission and of course diers, and the drama get's thicker! Man, I can't wait to see what I missed out on as a kid!

You're a Voltron fan too huh? Did you ever see any elusive episodes of Voltron II? The Lions were Voltron III, the 14 vehicle Voltron was Voltron I, but Voltron II was three humanoid robots that could combine to form some six armed giant robot. I have never seen an episode of that, but would love to.

I have me a die-cast Voltron III as well, but mine is the re-packaged re-release Kay Bee toys did of it just a few years ago. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DaBootman:
Woohoo. I have to say, my bro got me into the anime scene, i havent really broadened on it by myself, but Project Ako was the funniest thing iever saw to date. We had it on subtitles on a Vhs when i was just a young'in yet. lol Oh my god that was a hilarious anime. And since my bro was big into it and his friends were too, we'd get to gether and watch alot of anime most weekends and such. Good stuff. The last thing two things i remember watching that were anime were Ghost in a shell, and Something Star...I cant remember what it was, but the one with Star in the title was a series of like 5 Dvd's i believe. Either way, good stuff. Thanks for list lou, i'll check into some of the stuff you listed there. But Project a-ko is by far my favorite yet.

I think you're trying to think of Outlaw Star. I got the DVD box set of that. I nabbed it up for $1 at this media warehouse I used to work at that closed down. [Big Grin]

Yes, Project A-Ko was a sweet one. So many parodies in there, you had to be a real Japanese animation geek like I was at one time to catch them all.

If you plan on seeing any anime anytime soon, you can't go wrong with:
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D -Bloodlust
Grave of the Fireflies (I weep like a little girl everytime I see this one)
Fist of the Northstar

Happy watching! [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Bootman
All Pro Poster
Member # 1280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bootman   Email Bootman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES! Outlaw star!! thats it. Hehe, i remember smokin and watchin that movie last year... Yeah, that seemed to be the thing, get really buzzed and then watch anime. Either way, we watched the entire series in 2 nights. And ya know people who are like "oh those are just cartoons, you're like 18 man, why you still watchin cartoons?!" Then they watch it, and theyre like..."Huuurrrrr" Mezmorized because it's actually that good, and there is a point to it. Haha, that'll learn em [Smile] lol. Good stuff. Anyway, yeah, thanks lou, outlaw star is the one i was thinking of....Wicked series.

--------------------
I've got a fetish for sexy female feet. Everybody knows. I love it.

Posts: 675 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkmate
Major Player
Member # 1483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkmate   Email Checkmate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>You're a Voltron fan too huh? Did you ever see
>any elusive episodes of Voltron II?

Nope. As far as I can recall, I wasn't able to track down any episodes of II either. I'd seen the die-cast figure of that one, but no cartoons. The Voltron III episodes were shown the most frequently, and I'd typically catch them Monday-Friday after school while I did my homework. As for Voltron I, for a while they used to run episodes of that series once a week on Saturday mornings, so I'd catch it then. Something about it always struck me as dismal & gloomier than Voltron III. Plus it always used to make me wonder why Voltron I got to form a "torso" and Voltron III didn't. I guess I may never know.

>I have me a die-cast Voltron III as well, but
>mine is the re-packaged re-release Kay Bee toys
>did of it just a few years ago.

Yeah, I remember seeing those re-issued ones in Toys R US when they came out, and I contemplated buying one at the time. Close inspection found me preferring the construction of my original one from '84, so I passed on it. The only complaint I have with mine is that it didn't come with a "blazing sword". For shame! I know the re-issue did. IMHO, the blazing sword is the American Express card of the Voltron III universe. He should never leave home without it.

Checkmate

Posts: 144 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
IMHO, the blazing sword is the American Express card of the Voltron III universe. He should never leave home without it.

[Laugh]

I can recall only one episode when they killed the Robeast without the Blazing Sword. Voltron (III that is) whipped out a pair of nunchaku and literally went to town on that sucker! It was very cool, to say the least.

I would like to get my hands on some original Japanese episodes of all three of those series'. I know Voltron III was butchered to hell by the time we got to see it, you can go back and watch those episodes and see the lousy editting we couldn't spot as kids.

And, for that matter, if Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets is any indication, we probably missed out on a truckload of storylines and plot twists too. [Frown]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Figured I could bump this old topic up for the new members, and also to ask this question:

Has anybody seen the new Katsuhiro Otomo (the man who brought us Akira) movie Steamboy?

Man, don't even waste your time on this one. The premise had so much promise to it...taking place in the 1700's, steam-powered pseudo-futuristic designs, but the plot was a real turd and wound up tanking it. Sad really...this is the first anime in a long time I've been fortunate enough to see on the big screen, and it sucked. [Cry]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

toyfiend
Elite Trooper
Member # 1767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toyfiend   Author's Homepage   Email toyfiend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am a hardcore anime otaku. i have to watch 4 eps of something new per day or i have widthdrawls.
my favorite shows are

ebichu (must see ecchi comedy..the ultimate really)
grappler baki
gantz
hajime no ippo
azumanga daioh
tenjou tenge..(those of you who appreciate the art that has been posted on this site might want to check out)
air master
condor hero
yu yu hakusho
flame of rekka
kenshin (a show so good even americanization couldnt ruin it)
beck
bleach
naruto (super popular right now and for good reason)
Get Backers
Happy Lesson
Onegai Teacher
Witch Hunter Robin
Pita Ten
Read or Die
Full Metal Panic
Soul Taker
Vandread
Rockman.exe
Key the Metal Idol
futakoi
abenobashi shopping district
aishiteruze baby
Final Approach
Gankutsuou
gto
gokusen
Juuni Kokki
Peach Girl..(those of you who appreciate the art that has been posted on this site might want to check out)
yakitate japan
and lots more.

Posts: 434 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony The Shredder
The Legend
Member # 2912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony The Shredder   Author's Homepage   Email Tony The Shredder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Yu-Gi-Oh! counts as an anime? LOL Here are my all time favorite anime series and/or motion pictures...

SPEED RACER
STARBLAZERS
THUNDERCATS
THUNDERBIRDS 2086
ROBOTECH
SAILOR MOON SERIES
ASTRO BOY
STREET FIGHTER II (Japanese uncut version)
FATAL FURY: The Motion Picture (way much better than SFII American cut version)
COWBOY BEBOP
GUNDAM WING
THE BIG O!
VOLTAGE FIGHTERS!: Gowcaizer The Movie
GHOST IN THE SHELL
and finally AKIRA

--------------------
Tony

President of The Sexy Lexi Fan Club,
and CEO of Foot Soldiers International, LLC

Posts: 3660 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wvcple2003
Hall Of Famer
Member # 5268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wvcple2003   Email wvcple2003   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If u like anime, and games go to google, type in nanaca crash,and just hit one of the links. Its a really cool,time waistin game that has a lot of cute girls 4 u anime fans to check out
Posts: 1061 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links